JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 45 seems to get carried the most. :)

fO8bxpx.jpg

After a range trip, i started carrying an sr45 that i acquired in a recent trade in a shoulder holster. The worst part of getting used to it is a) i shoot lefty with pistol, this is a righty setup and b) tucking my shirt in so that i can properly attach the support straps to my belt.

I like it, but will likely start carrying a g36 or my shield. Id like to find a keltec sub2k that takes m&p mags for the truck.

Glad you like it :)

Tiny: North American Arms Guardian .380 (All stainless little jewel of a pistol) in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.
Single Stack 9mm: Sig P938 w/CT Laserguard or Walther PPS M2 (P938 for pocket/PPS M2 in a Vedder Lighttuck holster)
Double Stack 9mm: Glock 19 with Apex Tactical Action Enhancement trigger/kit in a Galco Kingtuk holster.
Single Stack .45 ACP: S&W Performance Center ported Shield in a Vedder Lighttuck holster. (May be up for sale, though)

Why? 100 different people will give you 100 different answers.
I asked the question, Favorite concealed carry weapon because I'm looking to carry a second concealed weapon and was looking for ideas on what guns members have been happy with and what works for them.
I'm seeing new options I didn't know about before on what was shared to this post.
Please stick to topic and keep the negative comments off this post, Thank you

Over the years I've carried a few different pistols.

My experience has been with carrying LCRs (38 and 357), LCP, shield 9mm, glock 19, glock 36, sr45, SR22, and carried a Barretta 92 openly in the service.

What I carry now is either my shield 9mm or the LCP. I think these carry options make always carrying unobtrusive and comfortable. The shield preforms about as well as a full size. The LCP isn't a fighting gun but i imagine it would be good to have to get away from a situation or if engaged with a knife wielding assailent. Once I get my CHL renewed I'll be throwing my "new to me" Taurus 85 .38 special into the mix. A snub nose is a handy piece to have a round for certain occasions.

Ammunition preference is Speer gold dot or HST at the moment. I think the new solid copper fluted bullets might be a promising future self defense round.

My wife had her LCP Custom loaded with the Underwood Ammo Extreme Defender solid copper fluted .380 rounds at the range last week. Amazing velocity and it shot as soft or softer than any regular .380 FMJ or Holloe Point she's ever fired. I was afraid it would be too much recoil but she said it was easily manageable. Her groups at 20 feet were pretty much dead center.

I asked the question, Favorite concealed carry weapon because I'm looking to carry a second concealed weapon and was looking for ideas on what guns members have been happy with and what works for them.
I'm seeing new options I didn't know about before on what was shared to this post.
Please stick to topic and keep the negative comments off this post, Thank you

Mine wasn't a negative comment if you go back and read it again. However, if you'd like a negative comment alright, here goes:

Your question is silly. I could ask the same question myself, get another 100 different answers, and it still wouldn't come close to solving the issue at hand: What is the best concealed carry weapon for ME?

Why in the world would I care what someone else's favorite weapon is? I couldn't care less. I have enough grey matter sitting on my shoulders to do Internet research, figure my total budget, figure my purpose of said weapon, narrow down my selections to two or three, go to a range and rent my narrowed down selections, shot them, then make a final purchase, FOR ME. Whatever anyone else carries is of absolutely no consequence. It's my gun.

Now, if you're not too offended by all that, good luck with whatever you buy.

Mine wasn't a negative comment if you go back and read it again. However, if you'd like a negative comment alright, here goes:

Your question is silly. I could ask the same question myself, get another 100 different answers, and it still wouldn't come close to solving the issue at hand: What is the best concealed carry weapon for ME?

Why in the world would I care what someone else's favorite weapon is? I couldn't care less. I have enough grey matter sitting on my shoulders to do Internet research, figure my total budget, figure my purpose of said weapon, narrow down my selections to two or three, go to a range and rent my narrowed down selections, shot them, then make a final purchase, FOR ME. Whatever anyone else carries is of absolutely no consequence. It's my gun.

Now, if you're not too offended by all that, good luck with whatever you buy.

Responding to someone's legitimate post in a negative manner and then complicating it by saying things like his question is silly, tacitly calling him more stupid than you are (that would be tough here, I think), and then berating him for posting it all is known as trolling, which is against forum rules. His question was perfectly fine but you decided it wasn't. If that's the case, the proper response is just to be quiet, especially since tons of other members here, including me, are fine with answering his question. You never know when someone is going to come up with an option you haven't thought of yourself, so asking a question like that is merely one way of getting information from your fellow firearms enthusiasts. I apologize to the OP for the negativism some of us think passes for expertise.

Last Edited:
Responding to someone's legitimate post in a negative manner and then complicating it by saying things like his question is silly, tacitly calling him more stupid than you are (that would be tough here, I think), and then berating him for posting it all is known as trolling, which is against forum rules. His question was perfectly fine but you decided it wasn't. If that's the case, the proper response is just to be quiet, especially since tons of other members here, including me, are fine with answering his question. You never know when someone is going to come up with an option you haven't thought of yourself, so asking a question like that is merely one way of getting information from your fellow firearms enthusiasts. I apologize to the OP for the negativism some of us think passes for expertise.

Hmmm. Did I pass off my "expertise" to the OP in any way? Let me think.....

No.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads