JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting the search for a "k" length suppressor and am not finding quite what I want. The ones I've seen are just shortened versions of regular models, such as the Sandman K, the Turbo K, Resonator K etc. which I'm fine with however I'd like to find something that ate a little more pizza, wings and burgers if you get my meaning. Something like a Nomad K would be great. I do not see the need for a skinny suppressor when it's going to sit outside my handguard anyway and I'd like to be able to take advantage of a few dBs more that a little more girth could get me since I'm sacrificing several baffles by default. Must have 1.375 - 24 threading for mount adaptability.

Does anyone have experience or a suggestion? The Sandman series is 1.5" and too skinny though the Sandman K is 5.4" long, adding only 2.9" to the muzzle. The Nomad is 1.735" wide but 6.5" long before I add my keymo adapter which I don't see the point in getting since it's not that much shorter then my Primal already is.

Check out Rex Silentium, they make a custom can to your length/specs called the MG X, it has all the stuff you are looking for.

Delta P Design out of Walterville Or makes some husky sized cans, the Brevis II. I can't speak on how good they are as I came across them while searching for M1A thread adapters. Looks like they are local to you also.

@TTSX Thunderbeast is dropping the Dominus in HUB (1.375x24) at Shot Show. Just got the announcement in my email this morning. Exactly what you are looking for if you can stomach the price. They are also dropping all their other cans in HUB at Show Show which have traditionally been their proprietary taper lock setup.

I've been kinda tempted to either find an old Mac suppressor and convert it with modern guts, or just form 1 one from scratch. Satisfy the kid in me that grew up on 80's action flicks without dealing with an old wipe based can. Any chubby can topic brings the idea back to mind, think that's just a tiny bit bigger than you were thinking

I have a Rex Silentium MG7K with .358 bore, and they also make that rifle can in .22 & .30 bores. It works fine for the 9mm PCC. I have a Delta-P Brevis that is short & fat & effective, but their current cans are printed from moon dust mixed with unicorn blood and priced accordingly. I like the company and they're local and whatnot but they are too high priced for my tastes in hush tubes.

I like the short/fat cans. They aren't as quiet as the donkey dong cans, but they are quiet enough. Especially on an AR, which is never quiet no matter what can.

I suggest looking over the MG7K, it appears to fit the OP.

I prefer .30 cans on .223 AR for flexibility and less blowback, but sometimes people don't do the smart thing and agree with me. Here's the .22 version:

• Tubeless & Fully Welded
  • Industry Standard 1.375-24 Main Thread Mount
  • 5.6" Overall length
  • 12.1oz
  • 1.70" Diameter

Looks like this just came out.

1.9" diameter is pretty darn big. I wonder how the tapered body will work out. Definitely interested

Looks like this just came out.

This has me very interested as well for a full time 5.56 can!

I am tempted to get one just for the limited release version they are calling the cat's a$$:
1674506063042.png

A year later, I finally took the plunge and e filed a Rex Silentium MGX in .308 with just 3 baffles. A hair longer than 4" without a mount, making it almost 3/4" shorter than YHM said their resonator K is but also a good bit fatter. WITH stamp, barely over $600 all in. If I didn't wait so long, I could have already had it in my possession. Darn procrastination, but the M114 thing really got in my way. Doubting it'll be very quiet, however James Reeves did a test on a single baffle custom Lahar30 from aero with results that weren't as loud as I thought they'd be. See you in another year!

A year later, I finally took the plunge and e filed a Rex Silentium MGX in .308 with just 3 baffles. A hair longer than 4" without a mount, making it almost 3/4" shorter than YHM said their resonator K is but also a good bit fatter. WITH stamp, barely over $600 all in. If I didn't wait so long, I could have already had it in my possession. Darn procrastination, but the M114 thing really got in my way. Doubting it'll be very quiet, however James Reeves did a test on a single baffle custom Lahar30 from aero with results that weren't as loud as I thought they'd be. See you in another year!
bubblegum, anything made of Silentium must be good!

Huxwrx Flow 556K is getting awesome reviews. 3d printed steel, light, short, good sound suppression, and flow through design with minimal blowback
There are alot of plusses to this can but some will have an issue that the Flow556 is only rated for 10k rounds, I am a person that will get to 10k rounds pretty soon so it's a nogo for me. Just something to think about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top