JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, you see all kinds of strange things at Walmart, but what is this thing?

mysterypistol.jpg

That's a single shot 22 cut down to be a pistol. ATF would get her for SBR if she doesn't have papers on it.
100% looks like it. Barrel diameter made me wonder if it was BP, but the cocking knob falls in line with a common 22 single shots..
and if it is cut down, I wonder if she at all realizes that's an NFA item on her hip.

From what I can see looks like a home done single shot 22 rifle they cut down to a pistol. If it is what it looks like I would very much doubt they bothered to paper the thing and probably have no idea they have too
Edit I see a couple others got the same impression I did. :D

She has no need to fear the ATF. Her dog died a while back 😁 At first, the knob appeared to me as a Mosin Nagant. But I now think it's a 22 also. The lack of bolt handle has me wondering if you could turn the knob to open and close the bolt eliminating the need for the handle. Interesting firearm if only for the theory behind it.

Stupid is what is is....
Looks like it could be a Savage Model 15 .
These rifles can be operated by turning the "striker" knob on the end of the bolt.
Not the best way to operate the rifle...but it can be done.
These rifles also varied a bit in looks over the years...so my guess of the model is just that...a guess.
Andy

It is a gentleman's dualling pistol in 25 aught six she appears to fit the gentlemanly requirement per the standards ! The action is known as a dang twist lock and the person says " Dang I hope this twist lock works "

The first firearm I ever carried in the woods was a single shot 22 with a cocking knob (inline bolt) like that, so not a conventional bolt action. That was 70 years ago, so I only vaguely recall it was of German manufacture and the top of of the breech hinged upward to allow insertion of a cartridge.

Yes!! I believe that I have found pictures of exactly that type of 22 rifle, a Deutsche Werke Model 1 Breech Loading .22 LR Single Shot. This one has no pistol grip (but nothing prevents a little woodworking).

Compared closely, though, I see the Walmart babe's hog leg seeems to be constructed differently.

12683635_09_deutsche_werke_model_1_breech__640-483198711.jpg Deutsche Werke Model 1 Breech Loading .22 LR Single Shot.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR