JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a hk91 when I go shooting it always goes
It's not ammo specific it eats everything and hits everything you point it at with iron sites
I put a muzzle break on mine but then I have muzzle breaks on all my 30 cal guns

The last of my $1.50 magazines arrived today. It's like Christmas again! 20170104_155738.jpg

Dump an AR for an AK for weight? :confused:
Seems to be a misunderstanding here. I never suggested that I dumped my ARs for weight reasons.
THIS is what I said>>> Quote "NOT TO SAY Ive dumped my ARs, FAL, H&K, CETME, M1A- but generally UNLESS RANGE IS A FACTOR, Id rather be humpin an AK THAN A HEAVIER .308."<<<
In fact I own more ARs than any other "system" as I have thinned down my collection. Ammo and mags are definitely lighter which as I age makes a difference... This in spite of the fact that I learned years ago that the AR series are NOT as reliable in dirty (or freezing cold) environments as one would hope.
Nehalem makes the point that the Izzies used the FAL and H&K(?) in the '67 and '73 wars, which is true. My bad.:oops: What is also true is that their experience in the desert saw Izzie troops picking up dropped AKs... and their designers came up with the Galil rifle(s) based on the AK design- because of their reliability. (Israel later adopted the US-aid-supplied M16A1 series).
South Afrika adopted a Galil-based rifle, the R4, on account of it's reliability in the desert, and phased out the locally-produced R1/FAL. {As well as the Portuguese H&K91 which were used by police and security troops, imported thru Portuguese-controlled Mozambique, which I know as a personal fact.}
Some of these R1/FALs and H&K 91's went to Rhodesia, were later cut/kitted and sold in the US, and I was lucky enuff to get one of each. Even with the sand-cut bolt it is neither as light nor reliable in sandy/dusty environments (it is said). I hope this clarifies things a bit:). Dun

Seems to be a misunderstanding here. I never suggested that I dumped my ARs for weight reasons.
Wording made it look liked the AR was included for weight reasons. To be honest the only "AK" I own is my Galil Ace in 7.62 NATO, so its still a "heavy" (only 8 lb 7 oz unloaded) .308 for me if I don't go with my AR.

I will always take a 30 cal gun over a 22 for defense.
Take slower shots and do more damage.
The thing is,if you are in the sand box fighting,you have back up. Call in the warthog. If it gets to it in your own neighborhood,you can't hump enough ammo any caliber you choose.
Most of use will not survive long drawn out gun fights in the streets. If you reload a third 30rd mag you'll be lucky.
I mean if we start having war in the streets I'll stay local so I can reach my ammo within minutes.
My 308 ammo.
Of course here it will be long range sniping

After these where sold out I ordered 20 from Lee's mags that where $4 each shipped. Then today when I saw these where back in stock I ordered 48... should be good on mags :D

I had 18 more land in my mail yesterday from Centerfire. 12 of them look brand new and unissued and are still in their factory wrappers. The other six were barely used, no rust on any of them.

Now I have a Rhinemetall bolt carrier on my list.

E

Last Edited:
Who produced all these 91 magazines?? Surely not Germany??o_O

Most of the ones I received are marked HK and date stamped in the late 1960's. A few are marked with the Rhinemetall logo which is also German origin. I did get two in my first shipment that were marked FMP which is from Portugal, but everything else has been from Deutschland.
20170106_041828.jpg

Last Edited:
These are the other two markings. FMP was a Hk licensed facility in Portugal and I believe that is where PTR obtained their tooling and drawings. The other marking with the circle and diamond is Rhinemetall. They produced the G3 in Germany, along with Hk until they ceded their rights to Hk in 1977.

20170106_062152.jpg

20170106_062027.jpg

I got my centerfire systems mags today, I ordered 48, I would say a dozen or so where wrapped and new, another 12 new ish but unwrapped and the rest vary from well used to little used. All in all a pretty skookum deal

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top