JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FAL. The ptr with a fluted chamber destroys brass.

So far the "destroyed" label hasn't been entirely accurate, at least with my rifle. What damage I have seen to the brass has been from hitting the port on ejection and most of it isn't so bad that it couldn't be ironed out with a full length resize.

I don't intend to reload for this rifle anyway. Most of what I have fed it so far has been steel cased "Mother Russia" ammo which the rifle eats like a fat girl at a buffet .

E

Mine does not "eat" brass but it sure is messy when it comes out of the chamber.. the flutes seem more like powder-burns than crimps in the brass. They do clean up and resize well enuff to reuse. Mostly tho I don't shoot reloadable either, having laid in a mess of Berdamn-primed years ago.
Havent seen any of the steel-cased Russiya 7.62x51. Is it :eek:corrosive like most of their mil-stuff?

Steel ammo is non-corrosive for the most part. Worst case scenario in regards to corrosive primers, an employee having a bad day somehow accidentally puts in a corrosive primer meant for the military.

DSA has had varying quality control issues lately. If it works, great. If not, DSA's warranty response has not been great.

You may know more than I do, but the problems at DSA I believe were 5-8 years ago. It was apocryphal when I started and everyone said, no that was history... The main problem was in guns between 2005 and 2012 somewhere where they had problems with firing pins and heat treating the bolts. They fixed every issue anyone ever had and stood by their warranty. They also did an aluminum receiver once and I think that was panned. It was on their Para models.

DSA generally has an excellent reputation in FAL circles.

You may know more than I do, but the problems at DSA I believe were 5-8 years ago. It was apocryphal when I started and everyone said, no that was history... The main problem was in guns between 2005 and 2012 somewhere where they had problems with firing pins and heat treating the bolts. They fixed every issue anyone ever had and stood by their warranty. They also did an aluminum receiver once and I think that was panned. It was on their Para models.

DSA generally has an excellent reputation in FAL circles.
Ummm.. No,

Improper ejector block height, short magazine wells, incorrect feed rail height, and out of spec para carriers are a few of the current issues.
DSA FAL Receiver Review. - The FAL Files

Ummm.. No,

Improper ejector block height, short magazine wells, incorrect feed rail height, and out of spec para carriers are a few of the current issues.
DSA FAL Receiver Review. - The FAL Files

Exactly why I said you might have more information than I do.

You do.

Mark is also known for only writing about his problems. You note he had 20 receivers in for builds and listed problems with 8, most of which were small fit and finish problems. A couple were bad just outright.

However....

These were all problems with a build with DSA uppers and lowers. Not from standard kits.

Also they were NOT finished DSA rifles which come with most of those problems solved. They aren't going to put in a wrong locking shoulder or an untimed barrel or ship without a magazine fitting.

I also contend that Mark's opinion of DSA service is not as a rifle owner but a builder. DSA I think is going to be a lot more receptive to YOU buying a rifle than Mark contacting them because some threads need to be chased. Mark doesn't make friends with suppliers.

His own tagline is "arrogant bastard" and while he is a talented and smart FAL builder and I would treasure one of his builds, he will never tell you when something works right.

I have a FACTORY DSA Para in the shop right now.

Magwell is short, Ejector block is high, intermittent fail to feed from the left side.

Tell me more about DSA's quality control.

From what i have seen and read from shooters, the fal generally has batter ergonomics (the controls are more shooter friendly) outside of that i havent heard any major differences in accuracy, fit, or range - that seems to depend on the manufacturer

Are there 308 galils that are not exclusively dsa tacti-cool-ized ?

Why yes, yes there are..... ;)

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

So you don't know what their customer service is like.
Supposedly good... But then again, even that can be questionable. That's why I asked about DSA a while back, and now I know. Its better to not really bother.
Are there 308 galils that are not exclusively dsa tacti-cool-ized ?
I don't recall DSA having anything to do with the Galil. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads