JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my youth when I worked the counter at a local gun store we had a Springfield SAR 48 come in on trade one day.

Being rather naive at the time about European battle rifles, I didn't really know that I was holding a FAL. I REALLY liked the look of it and considered buying it for a short time but eventually I gave up my option to another employee. I think he paid $600 for it.

I think those were built on Imbel receivers?

E

Dang, wish I could have bought it for $600!

Yep hindsight. :rolleyes: Early 1990's dollars. Although I seem to remember Colt Sporter rifles for $800 +/-. At the time I was really interested in Winchester levers and had recently acquired a 1886 lever in .45-90 so my "fun fund" was a little depleted.

Then the Clinton got elected.

E

Not like Sr. was any better than Slick Willy. I still hate having to have bought one more U.S part just to get steel handguard and Austrian flash hider. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about it. I know 922r is the rule but I don't think anyone is really keeping count.

rYea9Io.jpg

...but get both.

Supposedly good... But then again, even that can be questionable. That's why I asked about DSA a while back, and now I know. Its better to not really bother.

I don't recall DSA having anything to do with the Galil. o_O
My bad, i was thinking ace as in the name and put dsa, sometimes my head dont function right. Im also the guy who will see "71" on a sign and say 17 outloud :confused:

Ah, no more of the original galil designs coming in. What's here is here. IWI should have invested in tooling for the original design and brought that over.

But business is business. Probably not enough of a market for that. I'd trade my FAL for one in a near heartbeat if they brought it back. :(

Offer is appreciated. I'll be in Portland (PDX) Sept 30th. If things worked out, I'd be happy as a clam. Making a special trip to pick up a passenger.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed the stars will line-up.
If the arrangements pan out, I've no problem at all paying for the ammo expenditure.
Time for a strategically placed sticky note pasted to the center of my screen as reminder.

well my 2 cents.
I've owned 2 fal's, one of which I shot and i could barely get it to shoot, the other i never shot and the guy who bought it from me said it had all kinds of issues.
I own 2 cetme and i love them, one plastic trigger guard and one metal trigger guard.
I also have a Cetme parts kit ready for a build.
I'd love to have a PTR but the Cetme me keeps me happy
I wouldn't own either rifle for accuracy or for bench shooting, I have other 308 for that task.
Im not a collector, just from a shooters standpoint my opinion is go with the PTR

I don't like the fal inch vs metric stuff

cemte mags are dirt cheap and plentyful

I like the old surplus wood that most Cetme type rifles have and i like the sights.

I can bump fire the heck out of my Cetme and slow down and nail steel at 100yds like it's an ar15...

well my 2 cents.
I've owned 2 fal's, one of which I shot and i could barely get it to shoot, the other i never shot and the guy who bought it from me said it had all kinds of issues.
I own 2 cetme and i love them, one plastic trigger guard and one metal trigger guard.
I also have a Cetme parts kit ready for a build.
I'd love to have a PTR but the Cetme me keeps me happy
I wouldn't own either rifle for accuracy or for bench shooting, I have other 308 for that task.
Im not a collector, just from a shooters standpoint my opinion is go with the PTR

I don't like the fal inch vs metric stuff

cemte mags are dirt cheap and plentyful

I like the old surplus wood that most Cetme type rifles have and i like the sights.

I can bump fire the heck out of my Cetme and slow down and nail steel at 100yds like it's an ar15...
The four-flip-through-rear-sight is cool as hell, my cetme kit just came in. But if your doing kits why not do both if you already have the set up it can be cheaperboth ways

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top