JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong place to post this, but it will get the most eyes in this forum regarding what I feel may be someone selling counterfeit items.

Here are the warnings from Aimpoint, and Leupold. I was unable to find actual info on the Nightforce site but there is info on the web about counterfeit Nightforce optics.

<broken link removed>
16 tips

Not sure I should point fingers but the optics are being sold by "Zanewells" and it all just looks a bit fishy to me.

Check his post and you will see what I am talking about. Expensive optics at not so realistic prices.
If he is on the up and up I apologize, but I did want to give members who may not pay much attention to these types of things a bit of a heads up.

Always remember "If the deal looks too good to be real, it probably is"!!

To the best of my knowledge, there are no clone type Nightforce NSX scopes. There are some in the Nightforce Varmint line. A actual picture of the Leupold scope for sale will tell the truth. The Leupold clones are very easy to spot, if you know what to look for.

I'm most familiar with the Aimpoint M3 so I'll comment on that one.

With the cover and the one tiny pic it could be real or not. There's just no way for me to tell. I'd need to see pics of the inside of the reticle adjusters and inside the battery cap to be sure.

H

<broken link removed>

Leupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People's Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes and more recently, counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm's Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Instant ban IMHO. Chinese crap takes food out of the mouths of American families and degrades the Brand that is being knocked off.

If it clearly is marked so there is no question it is a knockoff then I suppose that is OK. Buyer beware that he is getting a vastly cheaper POS and don't come around here complaining when it doesn't hold zero or eventually breaks.

I found a fake Mark 4 on Outdoors Trader, Identified it as a counterfeit but confirmed with serial number...
A Aimpoint was posted also by the same person, That is gone, I hope someone didn't get screwed on it ... Mark 4 still posted as of 9AM 1/16/2012 ...
The seller claims to have taken them in on trade for a high end rifle trade, Poor guy , That just stinks ...

Beware , Bad People Everywhere ...

also guys there was recently a bunch of optics and equipment stolen from FT lewis, and NF and aimpoint both have .mil contracts,l so if you are going to buy something I would definately call both company's and verify serial numbers, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. But damn, if that scope is legit that is an awesome friggen price.

Also I was told that all Nightforce scopes serial numbers start with letters.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top