Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fake optics for sale on northwestfirearms?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mason3379, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Hey guys, I know this is the wrong place to post this, but it will get the most eyes in this forum regarding what I feel may be someone selling counterfeit items.

Here are the warnings from Aimpoint, and Leupold. I was unable to find actual info on the Nightforce site but there is info on the web about counterfeit Nightforce optics.

Leupold || Counterfeit Warning
    16 tips

Not sure I should point fingers but the optics are being sold by "Zanewells" and it all just looks a bit fishy to me.

Check his post and you will see what I am talking about. Expensive optics at not so realistic prices.
    If he is on the up and up I apologize, but I did want to give members who may not pay much attention to these types of things a bit of a heads up.

Always remember "If the deal looks too good to be real, it probably is"!!

2. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Also, before you buy make sure they have some rating and are not just on here to make a single sale.

3. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

To the best of my knowledge, there are no clone type Nightforce NSX scopes. There are some in the Nightforce Varmint line. A actual picture of the Leupold scope for sale will tell the truth. The Leupold clones are very easy to spot, if you know what to look for.

4. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

the leupy fakes say mark 4 on bottom and are easy to spot
    the nf looks real but the price is so stupid im gonna guess its hot

5. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

I'm most familiar with the Aimpoint M3 so I'll comment on that one.

With the cover and the one tiny pic it could be real or not. There's just no way for me to tell. I'd need to see pics of the inside of the reticle adjusters and inside the battery cap to be sure.

H

6. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Leupold || Counterfeit Warning

7. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Instant ban IMHO. Chinese crap takes food out of the mouths of American families and degrades the Brand that is being knocked off.

If it clearly is marked so there is no question it is a knockoff then I suppose that is OK. Buyer beware that he is getting a vastly cheaper POS and don't come around here complaining when it doesn't hold zero or eventually breaks.

8. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

I found a fake Mark 4 on Outdoors Trader, Identified it as a counterfeit but confirmed with serial number...
    A Aimpoint was posted also by the same person, That is gone, I hope someone didn't get screwed on it ... Mark 4 still posted as of 9AM 1/16/2012 ...
    The seller claims to have taken them in on trade for a high end rifle trade, Poor guy , That just stinks ...

Beware , Bad People Everywhere ...

9. Guymcdb

Guymcdb Vancouver Wa Active Member

All Zanewells threads are high end optics for sale. Seems a little fishy to me.

10. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

also guys there was recently a bunch of optics and equipment stolen from FT lewis, and NF and aimpoint both have .mil contracts,l so if you are going to buy something I would definately call both company's and verify serial numbers, etc.

11. Guymcdb

Guymcdb Vancouver Wa Active Member

Thought of that myself.

12. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. But damn, if that scope is legit that is an awesome friggen price.

Also I was told that all Nightforce scopes serial numbers start with letters.