JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My mom would make that and it was quite tasty. I have not had this for years now.

Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast Recipe - Food.com

But my mom used thinly cut pastrami instead. I also like fried Baloney as well.
I am not ex-military so i do not know the original recipe. The versions i had was ground beef in gravy over biscuits or mash potatoes. Tasty both ways, i say.

They go by smartfoodservice now.

You need to be a careful shopper there. You can find some items cheaper at Fred Meyer.

Which is also Orowheat. And they are closed around here too. We can't figure this out. Franz outlets are open. The Orowheat outlets never had the volume of the Franz stores. So I'm thinking maybe it's just a simple matter of business economics.

But my mom used thinly cut pastrami instead. I also like fried Baloney as well.

I was introduced to SOS way before my army days; my mom used to make it with those little jars of salted, dried beef. In the army, it was ground beef. I've made it with different kinds of beef, but my favorite is to sub Jimmy Dean maple flavored roll sausage. It's not diet food.

I passed SOS along to one of my daughters, who calls it "gravy beef."

quinoa for sure!!

Here are seven health benefits of quinoa:
  • Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. ...
  • Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. ...
  • Quinoa contains Iron. ...
  • Quinoa contains lysine. ...
  • Quinoa is rich in magnesium. ...
  • Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). ...
  • Quinoa has a high content of manganese.

quinoa for sure!!

Yes, he's right guys. Mix the Quinoa with some gluten free low fat triple nut organic soy milk and enjoy while watching clips of Joe Biden's promises for America while in the CHOP/CHAZ....:D:p

quinoa for sure!!

And don't forget, qouna is easy to spell!

Frank's and Louisiana are better by far than that Tabasco! Been using it since I was a kid... JMO, YMMV! I do like the little bottle size tho. Great for concealed pocket carry into places that don't serve hot sauce with their food.
28 oz Sriracha rooster sauce is $2.98 at Winco right now. That's almost a quart, man!

One item that was once a staple in frontier America that hasnt been mention is cooked hominy- not the mush-grits but the whole corn type... can be used in many recipes and will balance the proteins in beans and rice. Rarely seen outside of the South these days, do-it-yourself is a good way to render field "cow corn", or "horse corn" into a nutritionally edible food.

Frank's and Louisiana are better by far than that Tabasco! Been using it since I was a kid... JMO, YMMV! I do like the little bottle size tho. Great for concealed pocket carry into places that don't serve hot sauce with their food.
28 oz Sriracha rooster sauce is $2.98 at Winco right now. That's almost a quart, man!

These used to come in random MRE's.

Best barter item ever.

One item that was once a staple in frontier America that hasnt been mention is cooked hominy- not the mush-grits but the whole corn type... can be used in many recipes and will balance the proteins in beans and rice. Rarely seen outside of the South these days, do-it-yourself is a good way to render field "cow corn", or "horse corn" into a nutritionally edible food.

Growing up in an Irish-American family, potatoes were a staple and were served in one form or another most every day! Unfortunately they don't store as well as beans and rice...

If you get into the coupon movement (i.e. Free Coupons - Printable Coupons, Grocery Coupons & Promo Codes - Coupon Mom) you can literally get so much "food" (usually crappy carbs) for almost nothing. Sometimes you get money back. But it really helps bring the prices down.

I know QFC will put the old or blemished fruit out for sale at a really cheap price. If I ate a lot of fruit I would probably buy it.

I'm not sure if covid has killed the free samples but if you had a costco card and went at the right time of day you could probably eat pretty well.

My wife is a casual coupon'er and she frequently gets 50% off on her groceries at Safeway.

I think to be really successful at coupon'ing you have to be committed though - it's seems like a bit of work.

Victory garden. Almost free except for your labor and you can eat pretty darn well year round in just about any climate with some cold frames. If your yard is big enough get some chickens for eggs and meat. If you don't have a yard rethink your life choices.

If you have a Grocery Outlet near by that tends to be cheaper for some stuff. They don't have my that much produce. But you never what they have so we walk down all of the aisles.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews