JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made this post out of irritation, I know better than to react when irritated...
I have not had a chance to visit Threat Dynamics again as of yet, But I want to and will...

I checked the Web site...
I called during business hours, Before leaving my house, 30 + miles away, One way...
I get to this place all to get turned away because they happened to be full...
I mentioned I had called, The response was Oh, We must have been in the back...
NICE, A hour plus travel time to get back home, I was real happy...
I have my own business, I know how hard it is, But informing people is pretty important to avoid this from happening, Or just picking up the phone during advertised hours...

I will call Ryan and find out what is going on. They are very busy alot and dont sit in the front. What day and time did you go may I ask?
I have gone during the week in the mornings and we had the place to ourselves with instruction. Lotsa fun.
Shawn.

I will call Ryan and find out what is going on. They are very busy alot and dont sit in the front. What day and time did you go may I ask?
I have gone during the week in the mornings and we had the place to ourselves with instruction. Lotsa fun.
Shawn.

I called a hour after posted business hours, I was in the facility at around eleven, Today Saturday 1/22/2011 ... Unfortunately I can't go during the week, I have to work, Wish I could though... I will give it a try again, Free time is hard to come by for me...

Did you leave a message for them to maybe return your call?

I can't always be in my office either..
I did not leave a message... I can appreciate the being busy issue, Some info on this in the voice mail or website would of been helpful though...

so u called, no one answered and you drove there anyway.. then started a complaint thread?

classic

What kind of a Dumb A$$ statement is that...
If BiMart advertises being open at 9AM do you expect them to be open at Noon to sell you a box of shells, Yea...

I did not leave a message... I can appreciate the being busy issue, Some info on this in the voice mail or website would of been helpful though...

That he was suddenly busy and could not reach the phone? I must say, I am not going to change my message on the phone every time I get busy doing something. Maybe thats just me. Blaming them for having a full facility when you didn't leave a message for them to call you back.. Thats kinda yer bad man. Sorry.

I understand your feelings, but I myself have no sympathy for you. I have not yet been to their facility, however I am sure to make time sometime to visit it. I'll be sure to call ahead and perhaps leave a message before driving up there myself though, to be sure not to run into what you have.

That he was suddenly busy and could not reach the phone? I must say, I am not going to change my message on the phone every time I get busy doing something. Maybe thats just me. Blaming them for having a full facility when you didn't leave a message for them to call you back.. Thats kinda yer bad man. Sorry.

I understand your feelings, but I myself have no sympathy for you. I have not yet been to their facility, however I am sure to make time sometime to visit it. I'll be sure to call ahead and perhaps leave a message before driving up there myself though, to be sure not to run into what you have.

LOL, Not looking for sympathy here man, Just a heads up for others... It would be nice to know they are limited on accommodations and they need to go by appointment... The site says Sundays and after hours by appointment...

It sounds like someone is losing business because they are understaffed.

Receptionists, they're a good thing.

Missing calls because you're "busy" is a piss poor excuse.

That is a pretty crappy attitude to take. They missed a phone call so they should pay somebody $17,000 a year to answer the phone for them when they can't make it? That is certainly an unrealistic expectation. Not very nice MrNiceGuy... Being a part of a family owned business I can assure you that we try very hard but we cannot answer the phone every single time it rings and we have them hanging from our hip. We also cannot afford to hire somebody to answer the phone every single time without raising the prices of our products and services. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

We also cannot afford to hire somebody to answer the phone every single time without raising the prices of our products and services. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It's a vicious cycle. You cannot afford to hire someone to answer the phones, so you miss out on business that would justify paying someone to answer the phones.

Being a part of a family business myself, I know that a missed call means lost business and money wasted on advertising.

I cannot fathom how you can view this as "reasonable". I guess every customer is just more important to me and my business than they are to you and yours. Sad. :s0164:

It's a vicious cycle. You cannot afford to hire someone to answer the phones, so you miss out on business that would justify paying someone to answer the phones.

Being a part of a family business myself, I know that a missed call means lost business and money wasted on advertising.

I cannot fathom how you can view this as "reasonable". I guess every customer is just more important to me and my business than they are to you and yours. Sad. :s0164:

Thats a pretty big generalization, given how many different kinds of businesses there are. If I am to complete all of the duties around "my business" I cannot babysit the phone all day. There is a message that kindly explains that. You should be happy that whatever it is that you do, allows you to answer 100% of your phone calls. That certainly doesn't make what I do, and how I feel about my customer ANY different than yours.

But thanks

If I am to complete all of the duties around "my business" I cannot babysit the phone all day.

If only they made a phone that wasnt tethered to a cord so that it could move around with you while you "complete all of the duties".
That way, you could do your duties and not neglect potential customers and waste your advertising dollars.

oh, wait...
durafon1x_expandable.jpg

If only they made a phone that wasnt tethered to a cord so that it could move around with you while you "complete all of the duties".
That way, you could do your duties and not neglect potential customers and waste your advertising dollars.

oh, wait...
durafon1x_expandable.jpg

Unfortunately, throughout my duties I am outside of the range of most standard wireless phone systems. I have checked into the cost of the longer ranges systems, and they are just too much to justify for the purchase.

Edit : Especially being inside and around metal buildings.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Unfortunately, throughout my duties I am outside of the range of most standard wireless phone systems. I have checked into the cost of the longer ranges systems, and they are just too much to justify for the purchase.

In the extreme case where missed business is cheaper than a new phone, they now have something called "call forwarding". This allows you to forward practically any line to a cellular or even a GPS phone. That way, you can be within reach literally anywhere.

I even have a GPS phone I could sell you. That way, even if you were busy traversing a metal building on the peaks of Mount Vesuvius, you wouldnt have to miss your call and your customers wouldnt spend their money elsewhere.

+1... I own and run a Service Station and Auto Repair Facility... My employees are instructed to pick up the phone, It might be a sales call, It might be a nice consumer willing to give us money for our goods and services... The FTF business can be put on hold for a second to greet a caller and get a # to call back, As a back up I offer a lot of info in my voice mail message in addition to a additional after hours contact #... I have three phone lines, One is busy, Two others ring, Two are busy, One other rings... Ten dollar phones, Ten bucks a additional line... When the phone rings it typically means someone needs something, I want them to know I'm there for them...
I went to Threat Dynamics with cash in my pocket to spend , Spend money on services offered and look into sighing my wife and my mother up on class's for defense and possibly spend more money looking at the stuff they had for sale, None of which happened... Maybe my business and the business I could have sent them through my business could give them a bit of a boost...

Sorry people, I did not start this as a bubblegum thing, It was a heads up for people not to experience what I did... Call, Wait for them to call back...I'm jut not that patient, That is my problem though...

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Threat Dynamics other than my first venture was a crappy one and I hope nobody else has to deal with that...
If and when I have free time again I will give them a try, If I get voice mail and if I can wait for a call back I will leave a message...

I very rarely use my personal cell phone for "company business". The way the higher ups run things, they would take advantage of it. I do use a Google # that I'll put on a sign on the front door, so those who come to the property can summon us. However. I keep the calls short. Again, I am simply not going to burn my minutes for company time. Google # is great too, in that I set it to only ring my phone during open office hours. So those "weirdo" customers cannot call me after hours for stupid reasons.

The people I work for, it would be great if they wanted to float the bill for such things, it would be great to have. I am not going to spend the money for it, nor am I going to waste my own resources for it. The company I work for simply doesn't treat us well enough for me to even have to consider it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top