JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry you had a bad experience with them, but I'm not surprised.

Screenshot_20230908_203145_Chrome.jpg

The site was only registered in 2021, at the height of firearms-related sales, and its name is very similar to a well-known and trusted site (the site itself, anyway - not necessarily the people on it).

Those are two red flags for scams. I figure at best it's a recently set up shop without enough experience to handle high volume sales or provide good customer service. But just as likely a front for stealing people's money.

Little more info would help here
I was looking for ammo for my Winchester 1892. Needed 44-40 . They had cases of it and was able to ship to Rhode Island. So i thought.
Anyway, a person via "chat" replied right away. "Yes we do " I could only pay 530.00 via Paypal. They requested that i pay with "family and friends" I was reluctant but went ahead with it. STUPID me. Thought it shipped, The day the case of ammo was to arrive, I get an email from them stating that my order was on hold due to me needing to pay for insurance in order for the items to ship and i would get the money back as soon as it was delivered after signing the drivers/delivery paperwork. Insurance was another 350.00 !
I never received anything ! In the process now contacting my bank and credit card company to get my money back....what a hassle I've been going through.
I want to warn everyone out there NOT to deal with these scammers...they must be robbing lots of people like myself.

And the fact that they don't take credit cards, just cash apps like zelle and google pay just screams RUN! Its a scam :eek: This has been addressed many times on this forum.

And the fact that they don't take credit cards, just cash apps like zelle and google pay just screams RUN! Its a scam :eek: This has been addressed many times on this forum.
I wish i visited this site before i went ahead with my nightmare. They did request Zelle but i asked if i could pay via PayPal. They were more than willing to take my money. Sent me a payment request from PayPal. Arnold Jonas was the payee. I had a bad feeling through the whole process. Never again !
When they requested an additional 350 for insurance, my form of payment then was via PayPal in which i used my credit card to pay rather than my bank account to pay.
Am in the process of getting my money back.

Oh god yes. I didn't even look at the actual site until after reading this. Scam without a doubt.

The broken English site description is pretty funny to read though.

I was looking for ammo for my Winchester 1892. Needed 44-40 . They had cases of it and was able to ship to Rhode Island. So i thought.
Anyway, a person via "chat" replied right away. "Yes we do " I could only pay 530.00 via Paypal. They requested that i pay with "family and friends" I was reluctant but went ahead with it. STUPID me. Thought it shipped, The day the case of ammo was to arrive, I get an email from them stating that my order was on hold due to me needing to pay for insurance in order for the items to ship and i would get the money back as soon as it was delivered after signing the drivers/delivery paperwork. Insurance was another 350.00 !
I never received anything ! In the process now contacting my bank and credit card company to get my money back....what a hassle I've been going through.
I want to warn everyone out there NOT to deal with these scammers...they must be robbing lots of people like myself.
OK, you got scammed. They had you pay in such a way that you can't get the money back. Make it a learning lesson. The bank is going to tell you sorry.

I was looking for ammo for my Winchester 1892. Needed 44-40 . They had cases of it
Please do not take this as a criticism. BUT: I'm thinking anybody claiming to have "cases" of .44-40 just doesn't. Isn't that a limited, seasonal run cartridge even in the best of times? From the major manufacturers, anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up on that site. Sorry, you were victimized by it.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Really sorry to hear it, but that question is likely one best asked prior to ordering from a company you've never done business with before. Especially when what they are offering might sound too good to be true. Pretty much everything about that transaction screams "red flag".

.... especially paypal F&F for a retail purchase. Hitting you up for a hefty after the fact "insurance fee"... that's a scam firing with both barrels.

I do hope your CC company makes you whole, but if they do... count your lucky stars. Stories like this often don't have happy endings.

Best of luck!

Really sorry to hear it, but that question is likely one best asked prior to ordering from a company you've never done business with before. Especially when what they are offering might sound too good to be true. Pretty much everything about that transaction screams "red flag".

.... especially paypal F&F for a retail purchase. Hitting you up for a hefty after the fact "insurance fee"... that's a scam firing with both barrels.

I do hope your CC company makes you whole, but if they do... count your lucky stars. Stories like this often don't have happy endings.

Best of luck!
Never use PayPal anymore but, from what I have heard that is the whole point of using the Friends and Family thing, that the money is gone once sent. A LOT of people still insist on paying for "stuff" by a few different methods and I for the life of me don't "get it". The only way to pay for anything on line is plastic. If the site will not take plastic that is a HUGE red flag all by itself. If the site wants me to pay the cost of the plastic they have to pay? That I have never had a problem with.

There was a guy here posting about a site that listed gun scams, is that site still operational? Can't recall the name gunscams maybe?
Yeah. Forwards to their domain stopgunscams.com

Only one of a few such scam site directories.
They also proport to help shut down scam sites and have their accounts and such terminated. Simply reporting their scam activities to the service providers(?)

It wouldn't hurt to forward any info on the transaction to them... removing any personal info of course. I don't know how effective they are about actually getting a scam site shut down, but I don't think it hurts anything to try.

There was a guy here posting about a site that listed gun scams, is that site still operational? Can't recall the name gunscams maybe?
Couple people have tried to get a list of these scum. Of course the problem is this is like wack a mole. Site shuts down, another site pops up. Basically its up to the consumer to not get burned. If you want to order on line pay with plastic. If the place will not take it first red flag. When they start asking you to pay by some method that gives the buyer no protection, 2nd HUGE red flag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top