JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Calm down guys. Please keep in mind that your getting heated and angry over a pile of nothing. Who cares if they didn't answer the phone, who cares if one customer is unhappy. Who cares if a bunch of customers are unhappy and they go out of business? We shouldn't, or at least we shouldn't get snappy about it. Your all armed and level headed thinking adults. Lets not only act that way, but type that way too.

Calm down guys. Please keep in mind that your getting heated and angry over a pile of nothing. Who cares if they didn't answer the phone, who cares if one customer is unhappy. Your all armed level headed thinking guys. Lets not only act that way, but type that way too.

Thanks Man, I'm not angry at all... This joker just puts his pointless comments in to start crap, Not a problem... I'm laughing at him, Maybe with him...
It's all good on my end...

It's a vicious cycle. You cannot afford to hire someone to answer the phones, so you miss out on business that would justify paying someone to answer the phones.

Being a part of a family business myself, I know that a missed call means lost business and money wasted on advertising.

I cannot fathom how you can view this as "reasonable". I guess every customer is just more important to me and my business than they are to you and yours. Sad. :s0164:

In our business the average purchase is ~$400. After overhead I would have to lose 150 customers to missed phone calls to justify hiring a full time receptionist. Being a medium ticket furniture retailer, we do not sell products over the phone. You can say whatever you want and act as if you have the perfect business model and you satisfy every customer. For all I know you could have 15 customers a month and are located in Idiotville(ghost town outside of Tillamook), but the fact of the matter is that there is not a single responsible business owner who would hire an employee to answer the phones if they would loose more money from hiring that person than that person would generate. I don't miss 150 phone calls a month and optimistically I would actually have to miss 300 calls a month (which is more than my entire call volume for a month) in order to hire another person in this economy. I say 300 because not every caller is looking for a product I sell, some are telemarketers, and some are service calls. Without knowing what I do or working in my industry in my area, you cannot possibly claim that you care more about customers more than I do or that you know how to solve these problems. Well I guess you might be able to hire a fulltime employee to retain one customer, but at that rate you will be out of business very soon... or are making to much money.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.”
-George Bernard Shaw

I have scheduled 3 group events through TD for people from my company. While at times it was difficult to get a person to answer the phone on initial contact I always left a message and they were always prompt in getting back to me. Scheduling was a snap and there was always appropriate staffing the day of my event. They were very clear each time that they were very busy and scheduling was the bst way to assure that I got in at a time that I requested. Good people and good fun. Please dont let this experience taint further ones. Give them a second chance, and you will not be sorry :)

-DrCox

I have scheduled 3 group events through TD for people from my company. While at times it was difficult to get a person to answer the phone on initial contact I always left a message and they were always prompt in getting back to me. Scheduling was a snap and there was always appropriate staffing the day of my event. They were very clear each time that they were very busy and scheduling was the bst way to assure that I got in at a time that I requested. Good people and good fun. Please dont let this experience taint further ones. Give them a second chance, and you will not be sorry :)

-DrCox

I appreciate the positive input, I intend to return for another attempt...
Thank You

-DrCox

+1,
I've had the same experience. Schedule and u will be fine. It's all good!

I always check the calendar that is located on the website. He regularly updates this and thus I am able to see when there might be some free time to go in and do some training.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But I have been there a few times and always had a blast.

I checked the Web site...
I called during business hours, Before leaving my house, 30 + miles away, One way...
I get to this place all to get turned away because they happened to be full...
I mentioned I had called, The response was Oh, We must have been in the back...
NICE, A hour plus travel time to get back home, I was real happy...
I have my own business, I know how hard it is, But informing people is pretty important to avoid this from happening, Or just picking up the phone during advertised hours...

Hello, this is Ryan the owner of Threat Dynamics. I want to first apologize for not being able to get you on the range the day you showed up.
In the two years we have been in business this is the first and only complaint I have ever heard.
I do know the only time we would ever have to turn someone away is if we are currently in a training event and the schedule will not allow it.
We are and an appointment only facility and it is always best to make an appointment to come shoot. I only have so many simulators and so many operators. If you make an appointment that time is yours is and we will have the proper staffing for you. As it says on our web site in numerous places, "Call to make an appointment." It does not say just show up. If we have an opening and you do show up then we will get you on the range. Having calls go to voicemail during business hours is also very rare. If you would have left a message we would have returned your call within minutes and made you an appointment.
This said, I would like to make it up to for your "bad experience" the next time you come in (and make an appointment). I will guarantee your experience will be a great one, just like all the thousands that have come before.
Thank you.
Ryan

Took my dad for his birthday. As a small business owner, I know how hard it is to juggle labor and expenses. I think they are very nice folks and do a great job. We both had a wonderful time. The only issue I had was cost : about $100 for us for less than an hour. Was hard to take it all in and thats probably because it was our first time. My dad loved it but said he wouldn't go back do to cost. I'll probably give it another whirl, but haven't yet as I can go to the range 3 times for the same cost. So I'll brush up on my technicals and splurge on their great training once a year or so. Sure would love to have one of these at home.

I stopped by there about a month ago to check it out and the impression I got is that if you are solo it is difficult for them to make time for you. They want 2-4 people in a group. I had a pocket full of cash and a couple hours to burn but no go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top