JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last week I bought a Colt AR from Bud's Guns. I paid the "cash" price plus nine bucks for their package of mini profit add-ons. So today I was checking my account to see where it was in the process and did a little looking around. I clicked on "Most Popular" in the rifle section and there was my rifle for $75.00 less! I bought it off the Colt rifles page and here it was on a different page for considerably less.

So I emailed Bud's and they responded by telling me to take it up with the Norton Shopping Guarantee people. Apparently it comes with a purchase. So I did and it was a PITA. I had to register, submit screen shots of the different pages, an explanation and submit a claim. We'll see what happens.

The email also stated that they go through the lowest priced rifles in their inventory first, but that makes no sense if it has two prices on two pages at the same time. In that case, send me the cheaper one. Goofy, huh?
I've bought several guns from Bud's over the years and they were all fine as was their service. It may never happen to anyone else, but I thought knowing about of this kind of thing might be helpful.

I have seen this from Bud's also. Different prices on identical searches at the same time. Very recently I bought a GP100 from them. Paid a "discounted" price. Then when researching the ad again, it showed for a hundred bucks less. That's a big difference. Since I let my FFL order it, and had already paid him, it was not worth the effort of getting their own internal price match. Now, the same item is back to the price I paid, while others are offering it for a hundred bucks less.

Last Edited:
Last week I bought a Colt AR from Bud's Guns. I paid the "cash" price plus nine bucks for their package of mini profit add-ons. So today I was checking my account to see where it was in the process and did a little looking around. I clicked on "Most Popular" in the rifle section and there was my rifle for $75.00 less! I bought it off the Colt rifles page and here it was on a different page for considerably less.

So I emailed Bud's and they responded by telling me to take it up with the Norton Shopping Guarantee people. Apparently it comes with a purchase. So I did and it was a PITA. I had to register, submit screen shots of the different pages, an explanation and submit a claim. We'll see what happens.

The email also stated that they go through the lowest priced rifles in their inventory first, but that makes no sense if it has two prices on two pages at the same time. In that case, send me the cheaper one. Goofy, huh?
I've bought several guns from Bud's over the years and they were all fine as was their service. It may never happen to anyone else, but I thought knowing about of this kind of thing might be helpful.

On a different, but same same note, my buddy recently purchased an Armasight Janice from Amazon. It was cool, watching the fireworks from the woods in nightvision......Just sayn....ANYWAY, original cost was about $3000 and he paid $1400. He called em up Tuesday morn and told em that what they had advertised isint what he had purchsed. Which is true. They advertised the next gen....He was only expecting like $50 off or some other bs but the girl on the other end refunded him $800....I couldnt f-ing believe it. Neither could he....He just paid roughly $700 for a $3000 piece of equipment....If i wasnt there to personally witness the chaos (or lack there of) i wouldnt believe it....He even told the girl he'd send her the proof but she said thats cool, i believe you.....Theyll get my business....

On another side note, ive dealt with Buds before and never had a problem. This sparks my curiosity. Ill keep an eye on this thread....

I also apologize for taking a thread crap....

Hmm, I've been buying from Bud's for years, never had a problem with pricing being adjusted like that. Always had good service. In fact, I had a problem once when I bought a police-trade M&P and had to reject it at the FFL because it was in such bad shape. They gave me no hassles, took the gun back (their cost) and shipped me out another that was in near-new condition. So far, nothing but good things to say about them.

That said, I will keep an eye out for this - I would hope they wouldn't pull stunts like that - it's a good way to lose business.

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if computer guys or gun guys run the website. It could be all the difference. I think it was handled appropriately and I'll still do business with them.
But that lowest price/oldest stock line smells like week old fish under the circumstances.

In a happy coincidence I just got an email from Bud's stating that my rifle had shipped. :)

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if computer guys or gun guys run the website. It could be all the difference. I think it was handled appropriately and I'll still do business with them.
But that lowest price/oldest stock line smells like week old fish under the circumstances.

In a happy coincidence I just got an email from Bud's stating that my rifle had shipped. :)

I have had completely positive experiences with them in the past. The more I think of this, the more I think there are different folks making ads simultaneously, and one ad writer could be using completely different numbers, for whatever reason, while another ad writer is using older or different numbers for whatever reason. Maybe the distributor has made a new price deal with Bud's, and not everybody got the word.

I don't know about Bud's, but I've seen similar phenomenon on Grab-A-Gun. I had been comparison shopping for a carbine and I noticed the prices changed between days there. When it was down a good $100 than the lowest I had been seeing, I bought one. Sure enough, it went back up the next day. Kind of odd, but there must be some rhyme or reason. Regardless, the honored the lower price. :)

Bud's is notorious on Gunbroker and Slickguns. For a time, people were complaining that their firearm didn't show up after purchasing. Then a check with Bud's returned an "out of stock" reply. Turns out, Bud's was selling these items to higher priced buyers and placing the item on backorder. That's the word I got anyway. Could be total BS as I did not have a personal experience with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top