JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I swear some days that a drug addiction would be cheaper.

so as some know I picked up an MGB that's small block swapped

well I took it on a ride, and it wasn't fast enough for me...so I decided that turbos were in order.

not shown is the trick Banks gated shifter and all the other supporting mods to go with the twin turbo setup.

I'm hunting for 9's in the quarter and a 150ish trap....cause I'm an idiot

0EEADF75-59AD-448B-A877-05ABF473B27D.jpeg

I have spent a LOT of money on an Ironhead, the latest being a sidecar.

the way I look at it, is if it brings you happiness then go for it...I also don't try to keep my receipts for my builds anymore. Did that once and it turned out to be a disgusting amount of money....that I blew up later down the road.

" I also don't try to keep my receipts for my builds anymore..."

I keep all receipts and records, if for no other reason than I may need to know the part # for the non-stock parts installed over the years. (e.g. close ratio Andrews gearset).
It's always cheaper to buy rather than build. We could have bought a cherry '49-'53 Burb for what we put into ours (We could have bought a new one), but it is special to us - been in the family since '72. Still has the original USAF ID # on the firewall and hood and the flag holder. We towed it every time we moved until we were ready to go through it.
If you're worried about what it costs save up until you can buy what you want. If you just love the machine, proceed with the knowledge that it will cost a LOT more than you thought it would, and it will be more difficult than you thought.
The relevant equation is that anything is at least 5X harder to put back together than taking it apart was (if you're lucky).

I keep all receipts and records, if for no other reason than I may need to know the part # for the non-stock parts installed over the years. (e.g. close ratio Andrews gearset).
It's always cheaper to buy rather than build. We could have bought a cherry '49-'53 Burb for what we put into ours (We could have bought a new one), but it is special to us - been in the family since '72. Still has the original USAF ID # on the firewall and hood and the flag holder. We towed it every time we moved until we were ready to go through it.
If you're worried about what it costs save up until you can buy what you want. If you just love the machine, proceed with the knowledge that it will cost a LOT more than you thought it would, and it will be more difficult than you thought.
The relevant equation is that anything is at least 5X harder to put back together than taking it apart was (if you're lucky).
This took years for a couple of pros and is documented with over 35ish videos..

My latest hobby happend this ice storm. So many of my customers had trees down i got alot of bucking jobs. I had a little ms 170 and my dads trusty mac 10-10 pro. Well the mac craped out on the first job and i was having so much fun i went out and bought a couple huskys, a 545 mark 2 and a 562 xp and some nice chaps. Now that all the jobs are done i bought a wood cutting permit and plan to go play in the woods since ammo is unobtanium for the seeable future. Its a crap load of work but has just enough risk to maintain interest and its rewarding in some weird way.

My latest hobby happend this ice storm. So many of my customers had trees down i got alot of bucking jobs. I had a little ms 170 and my dads trusty mac 10-10 pro. Well the mac craped out on the first job and i was having so much fun i went out and bought a couple huskys, a 545 mark 2 and a 562 xp and some nice chaps. Now that all the jobs are done i bought a wood cutting permit and plan to go play in the woods since ammo is unobtanium for the seeable future. Its a crap load of work but has just enough risk to maintain interest and its rewarding in some weird way.
There's expensive and then there's expensive. One you pay with $, the other in medical or funeral expenses.
:eek:

Amateur overlander here. This was a while back, my budget setup:

jeep trailer.jpg

switched to an Arctic fox camper, then to a class c. The motor home is is NC right now getting a 4x4 conversion done. When done, it will look like this:

IMG_5791.jpg

And lastly, I just ordered this to replace the jeep (above):
1616446847311.png

Salt water/Reef aquariums
Expensive to start, expensive to maintain
One power outage and you are SOL
Selling out after you decide enough is enough gets you pennies on the dollar.

But wow are they beautiful when they are working well.

Max budget X2 + 30% is what I've always gone by hahaha. I keep part numbers in a journal....so far so good.

I'm never spending over my personal budget, it's just when you look at everything all tallied together....well it always seems like a hell of a lot more than you remembered spending (especially the little crap that adds up so fast).

Salt water/Reef aquariums
Expensive to start, expensive to maintain
One power outage and you are SOL
Selling out after you decide enough is enough gets you pennies on the dollar.

But wow are they beautiful when they are working well.

I can only imagine, for a very short amount of time I considered keeping cuttle fish...then I did my research and I have absolutely zero business messing around with a saltwater tank.

I will say however that I can appreciate them even more now that I know how much goes into a good setup!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top