JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I interested in looking at other non firearm related hobbies that involve shopping for bargains but not losing a lot of money when reselling the items. Buying and reselling antiques might be one example. I wish I enjoyed buying and selling in the stock market but I don't. I have limited space to be rehabbing products so cars, furniture/woodworking, painting/arts, etc won't work for me. Precious metals might be another example but not really something I would enjoy. I am not looking to make money just want to lose less of it. I love finding a good bargain, that has been the main driver of my interest in firearms. I will probably stick with firearm related spending but thought I might be missing out on another idea.

If you have any suggestions please share.

Spending money for the sake of spending money... damn, and I thought my hobbies were expensive.

shopping-meme.jpg

-Robert

pharmaceutical sales. Buy in bulk south ( way south) of the border .. sell retail in small quantities locally . You already own the guns. How is your Spanish ?

Spending money for the sake of spending money... damn, and I thought my hobbies were expensive.

View attachment 1186430

-Robert
I think the money is being spent to get the dopamine fixes much like somebody would use a drug for. The difference is once you consume a drug it's not worth much for resale. With purchases of firearm related stuff you can usually get a decent chunk of your money back. I am hoping to find something that nets an even higher return at resale so my losses will be lower and I can buy more stuff. It would be great if the new hobby purchases were something the wife would be interested in buying as well. I never could get her to enjoy buying firearm stuff.

I think the money is being spent to get the dopamine fixes much like somebody would use a drug for. The difference is once you consume a drug it's not worth much for resale. With purchases of firearm related stuff you can usually get a decent chunk of your money back. I am hoping to find something that nets an even higher return at resale so my losses will be lower and I can buy more stuff. It would be great if the new hobby purchases were something the wife would be interested in buying as well. I never could get her to enjoy buying firearm stuff.

I hear the fentanyl market is going crazy right now. Short turnaround on your money invested. Endless buyers in Potlandistan.

The difference is once you consume a drug it's not worth much for resale.
You don't know until you try, no? I mean, there is Kopi Luwak.. Given Portland these days, there is likely a market for 100% organic, sustainably cooked, partially digested meth that went though someone's system once already . You could be THE market disruptor. The Uber of meth!

Seriously thou. What do you know anything about? Be it antiques, sneakers, baseball cards, used toilet paper... How would you know when you come across a bargain and where to look? How would you sell the items? For all the stories you have of people buying and selling designer sneakers, or abandoned storage units, or whatever, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds or thousands of others who lost their shirt trying.

Take it from me, as someone whose brother is in the business of buying and reselling.... it is difficult. The 80/20 rule applies to the search and buying estate sales, flea markets, yard/garage sales, and reselling...
80% of the time, its utter crap, and 20% of the time, its decent crap that could sell. You gotta do a lot of research, you gotta know the market, and you're gonna have to get real competitive with other pickers and resellers.

You don't know until you try, no? I mean, there is Kopi Luwak.. Given Portland these days, there is likely a market for 100% organic, sustainably cooked, partially digested meth that went though someone's system once already . You could be THE market disruptor. The Uber of meth!

Seriously thou. What do you know anything about? Be it antiques, sneakers, baseball cards, used toilet paper... How would you know when you come across a bargain and where to look? How would you sell the items? For all the stories you have of people buying and selling designer sneakers, or abandoned storage units, or whatever, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds or thousands of others who lost their shirt trying.
To be honest I am not a well rounded person in the knowledge dept so whatever the product type was, it shouldn't involve a steep learning curve.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top