JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My family is into "camping", which meant a brand new class c this year. That we sold the last class c we used for 4 years for the same amount we bought it for takes the sting off.

Cars are Nuffin, try Airplanes! :D
Currently building my second one of two, almost done and I don't even wanna think about what i have spent! Engine alone (at my cost) would buy a really nice car! Still, it's an addiction with no cure!
Give you an idea, my Tires cost $2000 EACH, and the tail tire/wheel cost $1300 :eek:
And anything Carbon Fiber cost about $500 per pound!
View attachment 728192
Try working for boeing, youll swear they cost absolutely nothing! Idk hiw many times i literally saw gold in the garbage cans. (The wire bin is too far to walk! Smh)

1) "I've owned numerous boats...that's a damn money hole right there!"
Yup. Boats are one of the few things up there with Harleys.
Yup #2. Airplanes are one of the other few things.

2) We are pouring another fyrkin of $ into a '79 Ironhead with the installation of a sidecar, made necessary by arthritis that keeps me from being able to hold it up with 2 aboard. There is a lot of effort and $ in it already, and we have had it for 31 years, so why not?

Not really my hobbie (that i own) but i guess it qualifies.
I used to volunteer at the hydroplane and raceboat museum. Helped build a few of the vintage hydros that were in the movie "Madison" with Jim Cavezel.

I'll try and find some pics to upload here shortly.
In the meantime. I found this gem..
Re watching i guess it should a have language WARNING!
Who ever says all hobbies are a waste of time and money never met this guy :) looks like $ well spent to me! Slick driving. Glad he didnt strike his prop!

Last Edited:
Not really my hobbie (that i own) but i guess it qualifies.
I used to volunteer at the hydroplane and raceboat museum. Helped build a few of the vintage hydros that were in the movie "Madison" with Jim Cavezel.

I'll try and find some pics to upload here shortly.
In the meantime. I found this gem..
Re watching i guess it should a have language WARNING!
Who ever says all hobbies are a waste of time and money never met this guy :) looks like $ well spent to me! Slick driving. Glad he didnt strike his prop!
Amazing what an old Berkley Jet Pump with Jet-A-Vator and a blown Big Block Chevy can do!
Back when I was a Kid, it was quite common to see Jet Drag Boats up and down the Columbia hosing off the beaches during those epic big party's on the islands, and many a camp fire was extinguished on the beaches doing exactly what that guy in the video was doing!

Amazing what an old Berkley Jet Pump with Jet-A-Vator and a blown Big Block Chevy can do!
Back when I was a Kid, it was quite common to see Jet Drag Boats up and down the Columbia hosing off the beaches during those epic big party's on the islands, and many a camp fire was extinguished on the beaches doing exactly what that guy in the video was doing!
Nice. Yeah i was assuming that was a jet drive wasnt too sure. Stream was too directed. Could def tell when he changed the trim angle to throw higher. Prop would be more straight up. Explains why he got so close. Still good gawd. Im sure it sucked some FOD. i hate to think it was damaged. So I won't! ;)

Nice. Yeah i was assuming that was a jet drive wasnt too sure. Stream was too directed. Could def tell when he changed the trim angle to throw higher. Prop would be more straight up. Explains why he got so close. Still good gawd. Im sure it sucked some FOD. i hate to think it was damaged. So I won't! ;)
One of the neat things about the old Berkely's is the way they handle FOD, they have a annular bowl just outside the wear ring of the impeller, and because particulates are heavier then water, they get flung to the outside vs passed through the impeller, though they still contact the wear ring, and pass through the rest of the pump, they were designed to be servable for a very long time, as you can replace all those wear parts! Those Old 12-J- pumps were the gold standard before Kodiak bought them out, and the other brands came out!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top