JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We walk into the gun store, pay the money, and walk out again.

Well, almost.

We have to apply for it, but we do NOT have t o pay a tax. There are some locations here in UK where they are compulsory, especially when night-shooting.

I don't have anything that I could fit one to, and I'm deef anyhow.

It just occurred to me that we can buy a mod/silencer'suppressor CIWYW for an air rifle without ANY documentations at all.

Last Edited:
We walk into the gun store, pay the money, and walk out again.

Well, almost.

We have to apply for it, or pay a tax, but there are some locations here in UK where they are compulsory, especially when night-shooting.

I don't have anything that I could fit one to, and I'm deef anyhow.

As strangely different as European gun laws and restrictions are - I love how the use of silencers/suppressors/moderators/mufflers/cans/potatoes are promoted or even sometimes required because its' the neighborly thing to to. Imagine how many less complaints gun ranges (that were there first) would get from neighbors for the excessive noise, if the users of the range were all much quieter thanks to sound suppressing devices screwed or clamped to the working end of their barrels?

If we could only get them off the damned NFA, that'd be great.

Silencer is the correct US legal definition. I'm pretty sure the term "suppressor" was something popularized by gunsmith Bruce Gray back in the 80's and has become the most popular term used these days. I find myself going back and forth from both terms as well as using the term "can" for a lot of customers. When talking to customers in New Zealand and UK we use "Moderator" and for Australia it's "Sup".
What's 'Sup'?

:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top