JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious. Ever been a victim of an assault or crime? It seems that a certain percentage of gun enthusiasts have, in the past, been a victim of some sorts. Sometimes it takes something to get you motivated to protect yourself, as in my case.

I have been. How about you?

I woke up in the hospital with a fractured eye socket after confronting a guy that was peeing on my front lawn at about 2:30AM one morning. I don't remember details, but was told the guy swung at me, I KO'd him, and one of his friends in the car (that I did not notice) clocked me with a baseball bat. Two of my neighbors also needed a trip to the doctor's office, one with a broken nose. It was quite a morning! This was many years ago in a land far away...

More on the above.

This incident is not what got me into guns. My original gun-bug was hatched as a result of the LA riots. This episode did, however, make me think twice about getting a CCW permit. I often wondered what I would have done differently if I was packing at the time. The truth is, I would have done nothing, which is exactly what I should have done.

I was at Casa Diablo on Saint Helens Road last weekend and an attractive 'dancer' walked up and grabbed my crotch. Then asked if I was interested in a lap dance. ("Sorry my girlfriend forbids it" > standard answer vs 'maybe later' which is taken as an FU).

I guess you could call it an assault. I decided not to press charges though. Not to self: Don't ever carry in such a place, you never know where you are going to be groped and grabbed; bad things could happen.

Although I know that things will be very bad in the economic collapse I've been lucky to live a fairly crime-free existence. That is why I waited so long to get a CHL. If I lived in Rockwood I would have had one the day I turned 21.

I had a girl feel up my Seecamp .32 onetime. It was in my front pocket and when she put her hand on it she got a big smile. I just moved her hand away. We ended up dating for six months and I never told her that it wasn't what she thought it was.

This is an interesting (and good) topic.

The gun bug bit me very young shooting my dad's .22 rifle and having so much fun with it. It evolved over time independently but was not reinforced or put into a priority when our family home was burglarized. I probably think about it more nowadays although I'm generally not a carry person, and I think about it because I heard second hand things that happen to a friend-of-a-guy-that-knows-a-girl-with-a-parrot kind of thing. I've been fortunate in that the fights I've been in have either been during sports (hockey) or one-on-one with no weapons.

If I had been victim of a vicious assault by multiple people or with objects I'd probably be more inclined to carry. As that's not been my experience (as yet) I'd say the influence is minimal.

I had a girl feel up my Seecamp .32 onetime. It was in my front pocket and when she put her hand on it she got a big smile. I just moved her hand away. We ended up dating for six months and I never told her that it wasn't what she thought it was.

Good thing you were not pack'n this:
P8100014_01.jpg

She woulda asked you to marry her on the spot. :s0114:

Yup.

Too many times actually.

Between 12-14 years;
a) Assaulted by 5 teenage black males because I 'was in their block'
b) Assaulted by 2 late teen/early 20s white country boys because I have long hair(since birth, actually)
c) Various school yard scuffles.

Between 15-19 years;

a) Assaulted by 3 white teen males because I looked like someone they had a beef with(I later met this person)
b) Stabbed in the left thigh in a knife fight with a drunken skinhead
c) Assaulted by a group of 10 or more Mexican males, but I was in a group so didn't get too roughed up
d) Shot by unknown person, hunter most likely, whilst hiking in the woods.

Between 20-current years;

a) Shot in the right forearm during drive by shooting. Funny part is they were obviously white suburban teens/late teens and it happened in a low-crime town.
b) 'Assaulted' by late 20s black male on my way home from work, around 2AM, in a part known for drug activity. He stepped in my way, put a gun in my face, and told me to leave ASAP.
c) Assaulted by friend's tweeker ex-boyfriend while playing back-up during the day she kicked him out.

Nothing too extravagant. I honestly think I've gotten away with less than some others. Have to point out that only one of those times I really asked for it and have a nice scar on my leg to remind me to keep my mouth shut.

I've always enjoyed shooting and I only really carry for my family, not myself. I figure that if I'm gonna die then it'll happen and that's enough for me.

I've had my car broken into once. A couple times (at work) I surprised some tweakers who were collecting scrap metal. I've also had some close calls in dive bars and outside convenience stores, but that was years ago. I'm smarter about where I hang out these days.

I started shooting mostly because it was a lot of fun.

Car jacked at knifepoint a few years ago by two lovelies, also tried to rob my wallet. Near random assault to the point of hospitalization (concussion) by 3 guys last year. Somebody stole a car radio in my own driveway a few months back. That's about it thankfully.

I'm reminded of Jim Benson's response to this question which went something like this:
"I was a normal liberal kid going to collage and for no reason, got the sh*t beat out of me on campus...."

As for me; In a rather short period of time from when I was 17-19, I was beaten, beaten then robbed, robbed while recovering from the beating, attacked, shot at, Bitten, car jacked.
Never a 1 on 1 crime and all in daylight, while sober, during working hours, always stranger on stranger crime. Some during race riots, some while driving truck. I also stopped a Rape in Progress at my Apt Complex w/my 1st 45acp. Stopped a second car jacking, with same, lost my job for CCW, I was 19YO.
Saw a bomb explode 1/2 blk away from the Police Station, it was unique in that the PPL transporting the bomb had not intended to be anywhere near the bomb when it went off, Delta 88 was laid open like a sardine can,, 30 pounds of home made explosive does that,,,something about static electricity, copper wires, dry conditions.
Saw a fellow HS student stabbed to death by a mob of JR. HS students as he was waiting to PU his younger sibling at a JR HS he was wearing the wrong clothes.
Years later, wearing that Green color I got to pin a kid w/RPG to a tree, he'd wasted some of my PPL, payback. Stupid kid got way infront of his unit, stupid kid w/RPG.
Expect many more.
This was all a very long time ago,,,but today this hate, rather than being channeled b y the church into positive outlets is now all organized and channeled into a religion of hate, murder, revenge, blood lust.
Nice knowing you b oyos
Saw a young family today Daddy had 2 earrings all cammied-up, like mommy. Surv ivalists

A few years back, I was shot three times in the chest with a 9mm pistol at point blank range in Tacoma by a group of 'urban youths'. The ones that ran were very lucky. Things ended badly for the one that didn't.

Not counting school fights, never been physically assaulted. Caught someone in my car once, (stupidly) chased him halfway through the apartment complex before abandoning the chase because he pulled what I took for a knife. (It was dark, all of a sudden he had something shiny in his hand. I was unarmed at the time, so I wasn't going to push my luck.) During the chase I tackled him and made him drop his backpack. He only got about a dollar's worth of change from my car, and didn't cause any damage to it, so he lost out on the deal.

Car jacked at knifepoint a few years ago by two lovelies, also tried to rob my wallet. Near random assault to the point of hospitalization (concussion) by 3 guys last year. Somebody stole a car radio in my own driveway a few months back. That's about it thankfully.
This is the reason JESUS said to stay away from Hors!@!
No, really,, modify your lifestyle, the Marxist sheet storm is comming down

This is the reason JESUS said to stay away from Hors!@!
No, really,, modify your lifestyle, the Marxist sheet storm is comming down

Love it when someone pulls the jesus card and then judges another. hmmm

I've been pretty lucky.Always had a mean look to me (if they only knew)
Nobody seemed to want to assault me in HS,but Liz Anderson's ( I knew 2 of them) BF,or ex I guess,wanted to kick my ***.
Sammy Turnbow,yeah Then,me and my soon to be wife,saw him and friends at a dance club.
She had her hand on her M66,ready to rock!(legal then)
He came at me with a club,like a closet dowel size stick.Hit me twice and then backed up as I ran for the store.
That's what pissed me off,the fact that he retreated when I advanced and I didn't act on it.
Never was much for fighting though.

I guess .with my wide shoulders making me look big and my wild eyes when agitated,I have been lucky not to have been harassed too much.

And keeping out of bad situations! ;)

I grew up in a really FD-up part of Orange County, CA in the 80's. I was jumped by 4 mexican gangbangers the first time when i was 13. I didn't fight back because i was scared. After that i felt like a coward for lack of a better word and swore to myself i would never feel that way again (and i never have). My thinking, physical pain goes away and wounds heal. From 13 to 24 i was in more fights with said gangbangers than i will ever remember. Once they asked "Where are you from?!" or "What do you claim?!" I would clock the one that asked, then it was on.

Though i wished i was carrying at the time, I'm glad i wasn't. With CA laws then and now, I'm sure i would still be in prison or at the very least, be a convicted felon for what would have happened if i was. Something tells me most of my "Advisories" are dead or in prison.

Lefty.

Yup.

Too many times actually.

Between 12-14 years;
a) Assaulted by 5 teenage black males because I 'was in their block'
b) Assaulted by 2 late teen/early 20s white country boys because I have long hair(since birth, actually)
c) Various school yard scuffles.

Between 15-19 years;

a) Assaulted by 3 white teen males because I looked like someone they had a beef with(I later met this person)
b) Stabbed in the left thigh in a knife fight with a drunken skinhead
c) Assaulted by a group of 10 or more Mexican males, but I was in a group so didn't get too roughed up
d) Shot by unknown person, hunter most likely, whilst hiking in the woods.

Between 20-current years;

a) Shot in the right forearm during drive by shooting. Funny part is they were obviously white suburban teens/late teens and it happened in a low-crime town.
b) 'Assaulted' by late 20s black male on my way home from work, around 2AM, in a part known for drug activity. He stepped in my way, put a gun in my face, and told me to leave ASAP.
c) Assaulted by friend's tweeker ex-boyfriend while playing back-up during the day she kicked him out.

Nothing too extravagant. I honestly think I've gotten away with less than some others. Have to point out that only one of those times I really asked for it and have a nice scar on my leg to remind me to keep my mouth shut.

I've always enjoyed shooting and I only really carry for my family, not myself. I figure that if I'm gonna die then it'll happen and that's enough for me.

Dude! Screw carrying! DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE! lol

and Redcap, all I have to say is I guess you're glad the 9mm is only a .45 set on "stun" :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top