JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I found surprising, or maybe alarming, is that my doctor has a fairly wide open schedule. I can see her availability on my phone app, and 4 days out, she's basically totally available. Either that's a sign of improving conditions (I use KP) or people don't prefer her, leaving her more available. I do remember, up until recently, booking an appointment had a much longer wait.

However, the dermatologist department is still 8-10 weeks out, not good for urgent issues.
Yeah same at the VA, i can get in pretty fast to see my PCP, but to see my Eye DR or good forbid a Dermatologist, you gotta go climb MT Olympus, lolololol.

The nice thing about the US free market is that you can choose another Dr if the current one doesn't match up with your expectations.
That's not so easy as you make it sound. At least not with Regence/Blue Cross and Providence here in NE potland. Finding a doctor that is accepting new patients isn't easy, at least one within, say 10 miles. And the wait is at least a month and a half. Maybe two. And there's the "New Patient " fee. Even if your old doc retired and passed his patients on to a new doc.
However, the dermatologist department is still 8-10 weeks out, not good for urgent issues.
Dermatologist? FOUR month wait. And I presume a "New Patient" fee. I haven't decided whether I'll keep that appointment or not. I've had the psoriasis/or eczema, what ever, since I was in 8th grade. Never was diagnosed. It's not debilitating, just ugly and a PITA. And the side affect of those meds they advertise on TV would be worse than having it. What ever it is.

1683335991720.png

Aloha, Mark

I am lucky as my primary and my hearing doctor both never required a mask or ever talked about the jab.

At my primaries office they asked me to wear a mask and went as far as handing one to me. I never put it on and once with my primary she took the mask and tossed it in the trash.

I had one doctors appointment for a work injury where the doctor made me wear a mask. After I watched her grab her mask with bare hands several times I took mine off and explained since she is handling her mask and then touching me it's only fair I get to take mine off. She was not amused but never made me put mine back on. Freak them.

What I found surprising, or maybe alarming, is that my doctor has a fairly wide open schedule. I can see her availability on my phone app, and 4 days out, she's basically totally available. Either that's a sign of improving conditions (I use KP) or people don't prefer her, leaving her more available. I do remember, up until recently, booking an appointment had a much longer wait.

Where Im at there are only 2 dermatologists. They have said they are not doing screening skin exams anymore and will only see patients after they have been diagnosed with skin cancer. Psychiatry is 6-8 months out (Thanks Hawaii, they passed a law funding a "gun commission" the same day they fired 2/3 of the county psychiatrists for "lack of funding."

For many other specialties we just have none so they have to take a flight to see one. On one island, the 2 primary care docs died. Insurance wont pay higher to entice any new doctors so the clinic had to close and now everyone only has access to an ER or a plane.

3 more primary care docs in my area just annouced they are leaving. Probably ~6000 patients will suddenly not have a doc and no one is replacing them.

Where Im at there are only 2 dermatologists. They have said they are not doing screening skin exams anymore and will only see patients after they have been diagnosed with skin cancer. Psychiatry is 6-8 months out (Thanks Hawaii, they passed a law funding a "gun commission" the same day they fired 2/3 of the county psychiatrists for "lack of funding."

For many other specialties we just have none so they have to take a flight to see one. On one island, the 2 primary care docs died. Insurance wont pay higher to entice any new doctors so the clinic had to close and now everyone only has access to an ER or a plane.

3 more primary care docs in my area just annouced they are leaving. Probably ~6000 patients will suddenly not have a doc and no one is replacing them.
Holy cow man!

I was able to get on a wait-list and they called me in much sooner.

I've been fairly satisfied with Kaiser, since most everything is in network, things go smoothly. I also had a surgery to fix a previous surgery from a different provider, and so far, so good. Seems they fixed me up better than the previous provider did.

Met my doctor today, very happy with her. There wasn't anything to be concerned about, unfounded anxiety on my end.

Like any profession, there are good and bad Doctors. I worked in a hospital for 23 years and believe there are Doctors who decide who deserves treatment. I can't prove it other than here say, and a couple of incidents that I was personally aware of.

Like any profession, there are good and bad Doctors. I worked in a hospital for 23 years and believe there are Doctors who decide who deserves treatment. I can't prove it other than here say, and a couple of incidents that I was personally aware of.
They are humans. Being humans they run the entire gambit. On one end there were "Doctors" who worked with Hitler and loved using humans as lab mice. Japan had some who did this too. There are sadly many who graduate and seem to not know their butt from a hole in the floor too. Those who keep thinking single payer health care will be the best thing since sliced bread will find this out. If they get what they want they will find they have someone else pick a Doctor for them. They will take what they get and have no choice.

They will take what they get and have no choice.
It's not too far off that now. Both of us have had doctors retire. There isn't much "Choice" for a doctor near you. You don't just look down a list and pick one. A lot of them don't take new patients. We have Regents Blue Cross and she pays, I think a couple a C-notes, every month. When you need to get a new PCP you'll likely be waiting a month or two. On a good note there are urgent care choices for us. When I fell in the recycle bin and SLAMMED my knee on the ground I was able to get in the next day. Happened to be July 4th.

Why were you in the recycle bin, you're not THAT old!!!
Well actually, I feel like it at times.

So there I was, one arm load of some tools I was using to clean the grill grates. The other hand was moving the partially full green recycle bin out of my way. I shouldn't have ignored the warning, written on the underside of the lid, "CLOSE LID BEFORE MOVING". I damn near stopped my fall with my teeth on the edge of that thing. As I went in the bin, with my cheek/lips just glancing off the edge, my knee slammed the ground. I believe that's what falling down and breaking something when you're old feels like.

It's not too far off that now. Both of us have had doctors retire. There isn't much "Choice" for a doctor near you. You don't just look down a list and pick one. A lot of them don't take new patients. We have Regents Blue Cross and she pays, I think a couple a C-notes, every month. When you need to get a new PCP you'll likely be waiting a month or two. On a good note there are urgent care choices for us. When I fell in the recycle bin and SLAMMED my knee on the ground I was able to get in the next day. Happened to be July 4th.
Yep when the great hoax hit I lost a Doc I really liked. Took a lot of looking to find a new GP. Only been one time so not sure how he will work out. The urgent care places are GREAT. I have only been one time but Wife has been multiple times. We get in, get out, love them.

This little video might help to explain things......

Awwwww.....Come On Man
THAT couldn't/wouldn't happen in America.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

This little video might help to explain things......

Awwwww.....Come On Man
THAT couldn't/wouldn't happen in America.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark
My FIL recently visited the hospital (in China ) for a minor surgical procedure, and after recovering he tried to give his doctor a "hong bao" which is a red envelope with cash in it, to express his appreciation to the doctor. It's a very traditional act.

They wouldn't let him do it. Cameras everywhere, they were scared to get busted.

Last Edited:
Mr negative here. :s0140: I think we are more likely to be robbed and killed by the medical professionals than the bad guys on the streets.

At 71 years old I have seen a lot of folks treated by doctors and its given me the opinion that you will live longer if you do everything you can to avoid doctors. Take care of yourself because you are the one that cares if you live or die.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top