JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Right before the pandemic, I had a procedure done, a multi-step deal where the last step was cancelled the day before the final procedure due to the pandemic.

I have my serious concerns about the medical establishment. Brought to the forefront by how many of us were treated these last 3 years, and I feel many in medicine are allegiant with those who most hate people like me.

I haven't been back to the doctor since they cancelled my last procedure (shouldn't be a big deal, it was just a fine-tuning) and I have stayed away because I won't wear a face mask and I don't like being persuaded to get a vaccine I don't want.

Now that the mask mandate for medical facilities ended in WA State, I made an appointment to catch-up. However, now I feel apprehensive about these people. I worry they'll try to compel me to get a COVID vaccine, and that me declining will cause them to be prejudiced against me. Also, I obviously don't look like a college-educated PNWer.... I think most people can tell from a quick glance that I'm not on their team.

So, do y'all think it's likely that doctors may treat people differently if they have a bias against them? Like say, the doctor may ignore or not mention something that would otherwise be concerning?
Or, do you think they treat everybody the same, even despicables?

Doctors I've dealt with treated everybody the same fwiw. Doctors knowledge and expertise varies greatly however from doctor to doctor imo.

I think your expectations going in are likely creating your experience. Try changing your expectations completely one time and I bet you'll see a difference.

My dr definitely treats me different due to my occupation and has made it very clear she disagrees with my lifestyle.....she also told my wife that she was a terrible mom cause we chose not to get the jab for us and our children. We have not been back since and are currently looking for a new dr. Preferably nonlibtard

My dr definitely treats me different due to my occupation and has made it very clear she disagrees with my lifestyle.....she also told my wife that she was a terrible mom cause we chose not to get the jab for us and our children. We have not been back since and are currently looking for a new dr. Preferably nonlibtard
That dr is a freakin' psycho!

Being humans there is no doubt some Doc's will act like this.
My Primary Care guy who I REALLY liked dropped me due to the great hoax. I shrugged and moved on to another. Only been to him one time, due to go again. First time in he did push the jab. I had taken the first two to keep my job. After that kept declining. He was wanting me to get more but did not push after I said no. If when you go back to your guy see how they act. If you are not comfortable try another. A LOT of the people including Doc's finally had no choice but to wake up to the fact that they had been lied to a LOT.

I remember when it was the "libtards" that refused to vaccinate their kids, and the spike in preventable disease that followed. Times sure have changed.

I remember when it was the "libtards" that refused to vaccinate their kids, and the spike in preventable disease that followed. Times sure have changed.
There still is a BUNCH of them that refuse to vaccinate their kids and sadly the kids pay the price. Of course you are as usual throwing out a red herring though since kids do not suffer from the covid and they finally had to admit the vaccine does not prevent people from getting it. But keep throwing those herring. :s0140:
BTW, are you following the science? Have you had 5 or 6 jabs now? Plan to keep getting more?

You could just tell them you are vaccinated and leave it at that. There is no law against lying to your doctor. In fact, most people would rather die than tell their doctor the truth

There still is a BUNCH of them that refuse to vaccinate their kids and sadly the kids pay the price. Of course you are as usual throwing out a red herring though since kids do not suffer from the covid and they finally had to admit the vaccine does not prevent people from getting it. But keep throwing those herring. :s0140:
BTW, are you following the science? Have you had 5 or 6 jabs now? Plan to keep getting more?
It wasn't even a vaccine....mmr is a vaccine and my kids get the normal ones that are proven

I don't want this to turn into a bashing of "the jab". I think many of us who resisted, doubted and persevered have been proven correct, and I hope to put that crap behind us.....

What I am way more concerned about is the reductive attitude that many people seem to have with their bias against people who think differently. It seems to be encouraged to denigrate others, and I really worry that pretty much all doctors might fall in to a similar stripe.

For example, aside from COVID, my healthcare org also gets into flying rainbow and progress flags on site. That kind of stuff freaks me out, I definitely don't trust that whole progressive movement. It seems to be based on hating anyone who disagrees, and those flags are their marks of intolerance.

My doc of 25 years recently retired. I got some younger guy. First appointment was going well until I told him I was a drug rep.

Then it wasn't. The change in attitude was dramatic.

I thought about switching but not until after a prostate exam. Caress my gland you son of a bìtch.

P

I think doctors come in all shapes, sizes, and...political agendas. Now more than ever I think you want to take time and actually shop for the right doctor. This may not always be possible in every instance, but it's certainly possible with your primary GP...and he's the guy you're probably going to see most.

You are, and you must be, your own first and best advocate. When something doesn't feel right or if you feel you're being pressured, it's time to find another doctor and/or get a second opinion.

Right before the pandemic, I had a procedure done, a multi-step deal where the last step was cancelled the day before the final procedure due to the pandemic.

I have my serious concerns about the medical establishment. Brought to the forefront by how many of us were treated these last 3 years, and I feel many in medicine are allegiant with those who most hate people like me.

I haven't been back to the doctor since they cancelled my last procedure (shouldn't be a big deal, it was just a fine-tuning) and I have stayed away because I won't wear a face mask and I don't like being persuaded to get a vaccine I don't want.

Now that the mask mandate for medical facilities ended in WA State, I made an appointment to catch-up. However, now I feel apprehensive about these people. I worry they'll try to compel me to get a COVID vaccine, and that me declining will cause them to be prejudiced against me. Also, I obviously don't look like a college-educated PNWer.... I think most people can tell from a quick glance that I'm not on their team.

So, do y'all think it's likely that doctors may treat people differently if they have a bias against them? Like say, the doctor may ignore or not mention something that would otherwise be concerning?
Or, do you think they treat everybody the same, even despicables?
I worry that my doctor may treat me differently because I told her I hate doctors. Hopefully she didn't take it personally.

I get all my care through the VA, and until about 2 yrs ago it was all pretty good, and then something happened, I wonder what that could have been, my primary care DR now has a pin on his coat the says HE/HIM..WTF just fix my hemorrhoids lolololol.

I got suckered into a couple jabs due to being on chemo. When my oncologist wanted me to get two more I said "why". He hesitated and didn't have a good reason and has never asked me again. Now reports are coming out that "spifs" of somewhere $20 per jab were and are being paid to these dr's sure makes it clear to me what really has been going on. The REAL question is, "why in the he!! did all these people need this heart killer???"

Like everything there are good doctors and bad ones and some definitely treat people differently...
I am overweight and that affects some doctors negatively, a few have a hard time getting beyond that. Same thing happens when some doctors encounter cigarette smokers, alcohol drinkers or certainly any patient who admits to taking drugs, including if you are prescribed something that particular doctor disagrees with...

In some ways I don't blame the doctor, they have a long line out the front door of potential patients and some take the attitude of why spend a lot of time helping a patient who is not putting more effort into helping themselves health-wise...

If your beliefs include not willing to wear a face mask in a medical facility, I would not be surprised at all regarding doctors (or nurses or administration staff or medical technicians) who may not want to interact with that patient..
Hopefully you can find doctor's who share your beliefs.

Last Edited:
The nice thing about the US free market is that you can choose another Dr if the current one doesn't match up with your expectations.

we still require masks worn by our patients at my clinic. But the reason is primarily for protecting us. In my county we have the 3rd worst doctor shortage of any county in the US. So if I'm out sick with covid, or the flu, or any other contagious condition I dont have any coverage for my patients. We'd had times where I was the only doc in the practice for a week trying to cover everything because my partners where out sick. Plus we have some patients visiting the practice who have no immune systems. Like transplant patients or those getting chemo. They will get infected just walking alone outside.

So there is different reasoning behind some of the requirements.

And yes, lots of data on masks reducing chance of infection spreading since before covid. Its why surgeons wear masks during surgery and we have PPE requirements for when we enter a patient room who has TB or chicken pox or neisseria meningitidis or ]any number of other reportable contagious diseases. Its why we all have to get tested for mask size fits when we go on staff at a hospital. 100% effective no. But like a seat belt, they reduce chance of dying in a car crash but absolutely dont make one immortal.

Now I've taken care of any number of despicable people. I've had patients who were pedofiles, rapists, handcuffed to a bed with armed guards and even, makes me shudder, politicians. I try to treat them equally.

But patience has worn thin and if someone without medical experience wants to tell me over and over I dont know how to read medical studies then I will remind them of the critical doctor shortage and tell them to go debate someone else. So please dont go to a doctor and spend your visit telling them they dont know anything. I still dont know why some people pay to see me and then tell me I'm completely wrong the entire visit. Its like trying to sell beef hotdogs at a vegan convention. WHY?

we still require masks worn by our patients at my clinic. But the reason is primarily for protecting us. In my county we have the 3rd worst doctor shortage of any county in the US. So if I'm out sick with covid, or the flu, or any other contagious condition I dont have any coverage for my patients. We'd had times where I was the only doc in the practice for a week trying to cover everything because my partners where out sick. Plus we have some patients visiting the practice who have no immune systems. Like transplant patients or those getting chemo. They will get infected just walking alone outside.

So there is different reasoning behind some of the requirements.

And yes, lots of data on masks reducing chance of infection spreading since before covid. Its why surgeons wear masks during surgery and we have PPE requirements for when we enter a patient room who has TB or chicken pox or neisseria meningitidis or ]any number of other reportable contagious diseases. Its why we all have to get tested for mask size fits when we go on staff at a hospital. 100% effective no. But like a seat belt, they reduce chance of dying in a car crash but absolutely dont make one immortal.

Now I've taken care of any number of despicable people. I've had patients who were pedofiles, rapists, handcuffed to a bed with armed guards and even, makes me shudder, politicians. I try to treat them equally.

But patience has worn thin and if someone without medical experience wants to tell me over and over I dont know how to read medical studies then I will remind them of the critical doctor shortage and tell them to go debate someone else. So please dont go to a doctor and spend your visit telling them they dont know anything. I still dont know why some people pay to see me and then tell me I'm completely wrong the entire visit. Its like trying to sell beef hotdogs at a vegan convention. WHY?

What I found surprising, or maybe alarming, is that my doctor has a fairly wide open schedule. I can see her availability on my phone app, and 4 days out, she's basically totally available. Either that's a sign of improving conditions (I use KP) or people don't prefer her, leaving her more available. I do remember, up until recently, booking an appointment had a much longer wait.

However, the dermatologist department is still 8-10 weeks out, not good for urgent issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top