JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to an estate sale today and picked up a like new barrel for my moss berg, and a crystal clear weaver k4 scope. If it wasn't for a few tiny scratches it would look new. 75.00 for both

200DA602-EECD-4EBE-B112-8EB8ABE061C3.jpeg 93886919-2ABB-45F6-8122-CF85BB954DDF.jpeg 74DEAC12-7B69-4AA0-A5AD-294719EDCBE3.jpeg D7DA5AA7-D8EF-45AD-8979-09EBA973C25D.jpeg

Why is it that all the estate sales I seem to end up at have bedding, "collector plate" sets, old broken tools, etc.? Why can't I find anything good???

🤣

Estate sales have been hit or miss for me too, mostly miss. I did great at one a couple years ago though. I saw a rodent-chewed leather pouch with six magazines in it, for $30. They were vintage Hi-Standard .22 pistol mags, worth $130 each on ebay.

This is the kind of thing that weighs on my mind for when I die. My family will descend like vultures to sell all my stuff at rock bottom prices so they can take a wine cooler cruise next winter. I'd almost rather just give it all the government who won't be fill of crap about missing a loved one.

Not to derail your thread, you made an excellent buy. Knee jerk reaction on my part

This is the kind of thing that weighs on my mind for when I die. My family will descend like vultures to sell all my stuff at rock bottom prices so they can take a wine cooler cruise next winter. I'd almost rather just give it all the government who won't be fill of crap about missing a loved one.

Not to derail your thread, you made an excellent buy. Knee jerk reaction on my part
You just need this in your house.
download.jpeg-14.jpg

I put certain people in my will for all my guns, none of witch are in my family. I know they love guns and wouldn't sell them to a pawnshop

The trains were cool, if a guy liked trains and had the room it would be a good start.1500.00 minimum bid on it
Not something I collect however a friends dad built a nice layout (Boeing engineer) that displayed amazing detail, suspect that's in part where I developed an appreciation for minutia. Always enjoy a nice display.

Estate sales have been hit or miss for me too, mostly miss. I did great at one a couple years ago though. I saw a rodent-chewed leather pouch with six magazines in it, for $30. They were vintage Hi-Standard .22 pistol mags, worth $130 each on ebay.
I know, pics or it didn't happen. The original mags are long gone now (ebay), but I trimmed the chewed up top part of the pouch off, and now use it for Ruger MkII magazines. :)

IMG_1447[1].jpg

I love a good estate sale, but they're always picked through by sunday when i get to go. Still find plenty of deals though. Gotta find stuff that has a more specialized market and just general stuff that's worth good money but nobody would think to buy.

I love a good estate sale, but they're always picked through by sunday when i get to go. Still find plenty of deals though. Gotta find stuff that has a more specialized market and just general stuff that's worth good money but nobody would think to buy.
Sunday :s0140:
Around here the good stuff goes Friday early and many of them are half price on Saturday.

I rarely go to any estate sales before Sunday, and even then no more than a few per year. I'm typically busy on Friday and Saturday, so the only time I'll stop at one is on a lazy Sunday afternoon when we're not doing anything else.

It's probably for the best, anyhow. There nothing we really need, and I can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the number of times I've seen firearm related stuff at one. Then again maybe that's because I've rarely been to one before Sunday.

I've got to ask- how many of you all go out on Saturday mornings in the summer, hit all the garage sales you can find, and ask at every one, "Got any gun stuff for sale?"

There must be a bunch of you all. I'm not an active garage-sale shopper, but I don't know how many times I've been browsing (or mostly waiting) one with the family, and heard someone ask that question.

Another question- if you're that guy, how often do you find anything worth-while?

If would make you feel better i could come and take it all with a promise to love and cherish :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top