JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do we know you're not under their control? You know, like a "sock puppet"? :D:p
You mean like this?

ECD58A20-614A-46D9-84A7-B2EADCAE87A8.jpeg

You like quality stuff, but went with EP?
Back in 2013 when I bought the lower, i dont recall a lot of info on the polymer lowers one way or another. I like technology and new ideas (plus im a glock guy, so the concept of polymer didn't seem that far fetched) and am willing to try new ideas out. Notice, I never complained about their lower breaking, just their poor service taking care of the problem. Now, having learned my lesson on glass filled nylon for lowers, Im requesting EP Armory to give me a credit toward an Aluminum lower.

Interesting.

I have one polymer lower/upper and it's polymer around aluminum where it's needed for strength. I'm glad I use it for a .22LR setup and nothing more.

That is the weak spot on lowers. Sad to see it fail but.... it's polymer and not as strong.

It's polymer. It fails. It happens. So does life. Hardly worth getting upset about.

Buy a real lower and move on says me.

Huh. I'll be doggoned. I didn't know polymer AR lowers existed. Aluminum is pretty light already, do you get much further weight reduction from polymer?

Kinda reminds me of the time I ate 7/8 of a can a Vienna sausages that was on sale and I started getting queasy and wanted a refund and a golden scepter for my troubles.

Huh. I'll be doggoned. I didn't know polymer AR lowers existed. Aluminum is pretty light already, do you get much further weight reduction from polymer?

Not enough to make it worth it. Who reaps the gains here is the manufacturers. They produce a polymer lower for a fraction of what aluminum costs and then sell it to folks as a "budget friendly" sport rifle. Then when they polymer fails, and it will due to the shock from the buffer system, the owners will shell out even more money to buy an aluminum lower. Kinda dumb that they are even offered if you ask me. The OP learned this lesson the hard way. I hope he finds the resolution he's looking for. If he wasn't so far away I'd sell him one of my stripped Anderson's at a price that would make him forget about the warranty on his plastic. :)

I think its easier to hog a hole out with a harbor freight drill motor.

This is funny but probably true. I was only thinking about the use of the item, not ease of project completion. Wait a minnit, Harbor Freight, have you been following me around??! Whenever I want to experience what China smells like, I go into Harbor Freight. Or Cabela's.

Polymers have only a limited range of advantages:
  • Quickly machined even with a hand drill
  • Won't corrode, so great for long term storage/burial
  • If you really NEED a weapon, will hold together long enough to kill an Invader/Occupier and take his
They're basically the FP45 Liberators of the AR15 world.

They are junk.
If you want a 80% buy a good one and the tools to mill it.
I have a ep armory lower .
It didn't survive the milling process.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top