JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a catastrophic failure (see pic) on an EP Armory lower I bought and machined several years ago. I sent it in according to their warranty requirements first week in June, along with a request for credit toward an aluminum lower. Long story short, on June 19 they are asking me what my original order number was so they could determine if I bought a "blem, contest, or standard purchase". I said I think it was a blem, but not sure. Just give me credit for a blem and lets move on. On June 27 I have to ask them again what the status is. Today, june 28, they responded back that they are "blindly going through old orders to find your stuff. Please bare with us and we will get you taken care of asap".
I dont see whats so hard about this, if you offer a lifetime guarantee on your product, then give me a replacement or credit. Dont drag things out for a month. And besides, how much are you paying this person to "blindly" go through years of back records to decide if I get a $20 vs. $25 credit?
As a contrast, I bought 6 pair of socks from "darn tough", returned them a year later, as per their warranty because they were wearing out. Within 2 days of receiving my old socks they issued me a store credit od $150 no questions asked.
A05A0663-D326-4AD7-84F6-B66547D40162.jpeg

Poor customer service. If they'd have done you right you'd have likely told 3 people, they do you wrong and you tell 45,000. Not their smartest move.

LOL, now this thread will be about socks! But seriously, they make the BEST merino wool socks, and lifetime warranty. I purchased the original 6 pair over 3 years ago, and have replaced them all twice now, with $0 out of pocket expense. Now thats a bargain!

I guess I'm wierd, but if I buy something I know is consumable, like polymer lowers (or socks), I'm probably not going to go through the hassle of dealing with CS and a lengthy return process.

That's why I've never wanted to deal with polymer lowers. And I buy wool socks at Costco (like $20 for 4 or 5 pair), wear them out and buy more.:s0092:

First of all, I have to find socks that fit my goofy size 13 feet. If they are comfortable, I will pay anything for them and I won't just buy one pair, I'll stock up. Problem is lately that I find that most socks are cr@p.

Had a catastrophic failure (see pic) on an EP Armory lower I bought and machined several years ago. I sent it in according to their warranty requirements first week in June, along with a request for credit toward an aluminum lower. Long story short, on June 19 they are asking me what my original order number was so they could determine if I bought a "blem, contest, or standard purchase". I said I think it was a blem, but not sure. Just give me credit for a blem and lets move on. On June 27 I have to ask them again what the status is. Today, june 28, they responded back that they are "blindly going through old orders to find your stuff. Please bare with us and we will get you taken care of asap".
I dont see whats so hard about this, if you offer a lifetime guarantee on your product, then give me a replacement or credit. Dont drag things out for a month. And besides, how much are you paying this person to "blindly" go through years of back records to decide if I get a $20 vs. $25 credit?
As a contrast, I bought 6 pair of socks from "darn tough", returned them a year later, as per their warranty because they were wearing out. Within 2 days of receiving my old socks they issued me a store credit od $150 no questions asked.
View attachment 595126
Dang! Put a hinge on it and make it a folder? o_O

From what I've seen over the years, polymer AR lowers break. It's just a matter of time.
I took a look at their website and they have a decent warranty that's for sure. BUT will they stand behind it? Doesn't sound like it.
All they need to say is it's machined wrong, or their "blems" don't have the same warranty.

I like quality stuff, and I like holding businesses accountable for The promises they make.

You bought a $20 part, well known for this exact failure, got "several years" worth of use out of it, now are posting threads bad mouthing them because they are what, spending a couple weeks to figure out what you actually bought, if at all?

Doesnt seem super unreasonable to me. Maybe keep better records in the future if you want prompter service?

You bought a $20 part, well known for this exact failure, got "several years" worth of use out of it, now are posting threads bad mouthing them because they are what, spending a couple weeks to figure out what you actually bought, if at all?

Doesnt seem super unreasonable to me. Maybe keep better records in the future if you want prompter service?

Yea thats right, they offer a product they guarantee, and they cant seem to fulfill their warranty on something that might have a cost to them of $5? Please.
Besides, it may be several years old, but has had a max of 100 rounds on it.
I like how you imply it must be my fault somehow.

Yea thats right, they offer a product they guarantee, and they cant seem to fulfill their warranty on something that might have a cost to them of $5? Please.
Besides, it may be several years old, but has had a max of 100 rounds on it.
I like how you imply it must be my fault somehow.

They probably need the order number to process a warranty claim.

First of all, I have to find socks that fit my goofy size 13 feet. If they are comfortable, I will pay anything for them and I won't just buy one pair, I'll stock up. Problem is lately that I find that most socks are cr@p.
Exactly. You want socks made in the USA, you're going to pay more because we actually like making quality products here. Sometimes it's painful to see the price, but remember that refrigerator from 1950 that Ma had until 1990? Good quality can take a while to pay off. Joe is totally going to get his money's worth out of those socks. I guarantee you. ;)

I also am willing to pay for quality up front rather than buying the same thing every year when it wears out. But I also expect the manufacturer to stand behind its products.

And because this is now a sock thread (pun intended) remember that if you can get into Expert Voice or GovX you can get great discounts on brands like Smartwool.

I also am willing to pay for quality up front rather than buying the same thing every year when it wears out. But I also expect the manufacturer to stand behind its products.

And because this is now a sock thread (pun intended) remember that if you can get into Expert Voice or GovX you can get great discounts on brands like Smartwool.
How do we know you're not under their control? You know, like a "sock puppet"? :D:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top