JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Howard1955 the Holosun you listed is almost $600. For that kind of cheese you can get MUCH BETTER options with a proven track record.

Holosun.....I'd expect to see them at K-Mart if they were still around. Hanging out with "Sig" optics. Oh wait, they're the same. :rolleyes:

Even though some of the stuff coming out of China has improved, I'm intending not to buy more from that Communist driven country. If I can avoid it, I will avoid it. Hopefully some of these American based companies will pull their companies out of China and at least resort to other countries for manufacturing sources if not just moving back to US soil.

I hear you. My disdain for anything related to Bolshevism is complete. I won't smoke Cuban cigars because of that, along with personal reasons, for example.

Though, admittedly, it is a lot harder to boycott China since damn near everything is made there now. Back on topic, if I was looking for a new optic, it wouldn't be made in Red China; bonus that other offerings are better. :)

Shake awake is just something else to fail. A QUALITY optic with extended battery life is much preferred over an accelerometer that can fail.

Holosun has a very low rate of failure, hell if you want to get picky my brother ran the gun range for a year at Camp Pendelton and there were lots of eotech failures that he told me of, and its not hard to pull up failures for major brand red dots like the one you listed online either. Electronics fail at some point in time in all brands and some more than others. As far as the shake wake functions on Holosun optics they have a pretty good record so far and its a nice option to have. I get it you are an Eotech/big name brand guy, but do you have any evidence on a grand scale that Holosun optics are not reliable? I know many that run them hard like myself and have nothing but good things to say about them. Not trying to get into a pissing match, but you have nothing positive to say, and I would assume with your view you should have evidence that supports your opinion.

Holosun has a very low rate of failure, hell if you want to get picky my brother ran the gun range for a year at Camp Pendelton and there were lots of eotech failures that he told me of, and its not hard to pull up failures for major brand red dots like the one you listed online either. Electronics fail at some point in time in all brands and some more than others. As far as the shake wake functions on Holosun optics they have a pretty good record so far and its a nice option to have. I get it you are an Eotech/big name brand guy, but do you have any evidence on a grand scale that Holosun optics are not reliable? I know many that run them hard like myself and have nothing but good things to say about them. Not trying to get into a pissing match, but you have nothing positive to say, and I would assume with your view you should have evidence that supports your opinion.

I've heard sketchy reviews on them. Personal experience? Nope. I'm not gonna spend hard earned money on one just for testing purposes.

Up until a few years ago, nobody had ever heard of them. So with their relatively short history and a company nobody knows much about I should trust them?

Nah.

Amazing how many members here complain about tech, smartphones and the like. Yet when a new optics company nobody ever heard of until recently releases products with solar panels, accelerometers and other "high tech" features everyone gets all excited.

Yep that is my post and that is my honest opinion after having one fail. Customer service was good once I quit getting the run around on who would warranty it. I will not spend more money with holosun just to see if it was a fluke as there are too many good options for the same or a bit more money. The way you are defending them I would say you have more than a casual investment with holosun. Dealer, salesman, rep, or maybe you just bought a bunch of them and don't want to hear anybody talk bad about them? Either way it's cool and I am glad you are happy with them.:)

I've heard sketchy reviews on them. Personal experience? Nope. I'm not gonna spend hard earned money on one just for testing purposes.

Up until a few years ago, nobody had ever heard of them. So with their relatively short history and a company nobody knows much about I should trust them?

Nah.
So you sound like one of those guys that form an opinion from what you heard on the internet vs personal experience Ok? Holosun has been around since 2013, and again there is enough info online to form an opinion that they are very good optics for the money and in my opinion because what I/friends/online firearms forums have put them thru on my AKs and ARs I would put them up there with anything. Just because a company has been around a long time doesn't make them the best, and Eotech/Trijocon/Aimpoint has had their fair share of warranty issues like anybody else. I get the mentality of stuff built in china but dam near everything is these days.

its ok not to like things that other people like. i cant stand anything from bushnell or even nikon really. other people really like'm... who cares?

just like i despise sig handguns. i cant stand'm especially the p320 and p365

So you sound like one of those guys that form an opinion from what you heard on the internet vs personal experience Ok? Holosun has been around since 2013, and again there is enough info online to form an opinion that they are very good optics for the money and in my opinion because what I/friends/online firearms forums have put them thru on my AKs and ARs I would put them up there with anything. Just because a company has been around a long time doesn't make them the best, and Eotech/Trijocon/Aimpoint has had their fair share of warranty issues like anybody else. I get the mentality of stuff built in china but dam near everything is these days.

Ok buddy. You do you.

its ok not to like things that other people like. i cant stand anything from bushnell or even nikon really. other people really like'm... who cares?

just like i despise sig handguns. i cant stand'm especially the p320 and p365

Same! On all accounts!

The way you are defending them I would say you have more than a casual investment with holosun. Dealer, salesman, rep, or maybe you just bought a bunch of them and don't want to hear anybody talk bad about them? Either way it's cool and I am glad you are happy with them.:)

For the record I have zero affiliation with Holosun, I am just a guy that shoots a lot but pays attention to those that have a lot of experience in certain areas I don't. I wouldn't run something that I don't have confidence in plain and simple. By your words since I had Eotech/and Trijocon red dots fail should on me, should I not spend anymore money on them either? Look I prefer quality and am at a good point in my life that allows me to buy whatever I want, I just see no reason to spend more than I have to. My direct experience has been with Holosun microdots(T1 clones per se) and for the $200 there is no microdot on the market that is its equal for the money.

Last Edited:
For the record I have zero affiliation with Holosun, I am just a guy that shoots a lot but pays attention to those that have a lot of experience in certain areas I don't. I wouldn't run something that I don't have confidence in plain and simple. By your words since I had Eotech/and Trijocon red dots fail should on me, should I not spend anymore money on them either? Look I prefer quality and am at a good point in my life that allows me to buy whatever I want, I just see no reason to spend more than I have to. My direct experience has been with Holosun microdots(T1 clones per se) and for the $200 there is no microdot on the market that is its equal.

I fixed your post, I initially had to remove the quote to make it look right but I think I got it now.

You might also think about a trijicon MRO. at the time of this posting this ebayer is selling them for 346 dollars plus tax. Youll need to buy a mount with it.

ALSO, someone in bothell, WA (on armslist) is selling one with a larue mount for $400.

If you do choose an eotech, check out opticsbuddy.com

When they have stuff in stock its the best deal around. A few months ago I picked up a new exps3 for 579

I'll hopefully be putting a Holosun through some testing sooner than later (post Covid). I'm going to attempt to acquire one through trade and plan to mount it to an AK. I have no super high expectations but sometimes we can be pleasantly surprised.

One plus I'll give on Holosun is reviews by Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics. This guy puts his equipment through some brutal testing and has a lot of field experiences that would help him understand failure points. He seems to give Holosun a good bit of praise despite their price point and Chinese origin.

I'll hopefully be putting a Holosun through some testing sooner than later (post Covid). I'm going to attempt to acquire one through trade and plan to mount it to an AK. I have no super high expectations but sometimes we can be pleasantly surprised.

One plus I'll give on Holosun is reviews by Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics. This guy puts his equipment through some brutal testing and has a lot of field experiences that would help him understand failure points. He seems to give Holosun a good bit of praise despite their price point and Chinese origin.

At 13:20 on the counter, this guy shoots a Holosun with a 12 gauge.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top