JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was a song "When its springtime in Alaska, its 40 below"
Might be cold for around here, but I have had to work near Death Valley so I don't think 122 is all that rare down there. It is after all the extremes our military operates in.

I think its pretty funny that civilians are bagging on a optic that has issues operating in climate zones that 90% will never experience.

I get the military's concern, 100% but when over half the buyers of this product leave it in the safe more than they pull it out, is it really an issue?

I think its pretty funny that civilians are bagging on a optic that has issues operating in climate zones that 90% will never experience.

I get the military's concern, 100% but when over half the buyers of this product leave it in the safe more than they pull it out, is it really an issue?

You're spot on.

My EO hasn't given me any trouble but then again it's never been exposed to extreme temps. I considered hitting them up for a refund only because i want the latest greatest but then i decided i don't want to be "that guy". :D

I will be completely honest, mine worked, but I opted for the refund for one reason, its a business decision, I was at a local gun shop and they cant give them away, and my thought is, if i can't get rid of it at MSRP, I should, because God forbid i need to sell stuff to survive, I want to ensure I can sell stuff that will have a decent return on investment, so I was able to do that and I did, so now I went to an Aimpoint Comp M4 and I love it, I like the recital better, not as busy plus it reminds me of my navy days when we ran the PRO's on the M4's

I've had the same eotech since 2004. It kept a zero sitting on top a hum vee bouncing around for 7 months. It got to 118* for a while. I've had it to negative 10 here in the states.

It's been really good to me and I trust it

I will never see alaska Temps nor do I want to.

Eotech just added this to there site under the FAQ, after being sued by the US government and settling the same day for 25 million..

"Will the HWS hold zero as temperature changes?

EOTech's sights will experience a point of impact shift away from the point of aim when the sight is used at a temperature different from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed. This shift is greater the more extreme the temperature change. For example, when a sight is zeroed at 70°F then acclimated to 50°F, less shift will occur. On the other hand, if zeroed at 70°F, then acclimated to 0°F, more shift could occur. The maximum shift will occur at temperature extremes and could be up to 5 MOA. Therefore, to acheive optimum accuracy, the sight should be re-zeroed whenever the temperature changes markedly from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top