JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honest question here:

Lets just say that someone bought one of these at a gun show or shop legally as a pistol or part. Said under the rock person doesn't pay attention to the gun world via the news, forums, etc. If and when the gun or part becomes illegal, how is this person notified that they are suddenly in violation of the law? Asking for a friend. 😇

When it comes to the law? Yep.
e.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f09%2f11cgom1.gif

:D

Honest question here:

Lets just say that someone bought one of these at a gun show sold legally as a pistol or part. Said under the rock person doesn't pay attention to the gun world via the news, forums, etc. If and when the gun or part becomes illegal, how is the this person notified that they are suddenly in violation of the law? Asking for a friend. 😇
Answer: They aren't. Until they're "caught" with the "offending" article in their possession. Say, when bringing it in to a gunsmith for repairs, or taking it to a range to throw a little lead, or someone who doesn't like him red-flags him, or a Karen comes over to visit and happens to spy it, etc.

Honest question here:

Lets just say that someone bought one of these at a gun show or shop legally as a pistol or part. Said under the rock person doesn't pay attention to the gun world via the news, forums, etc. If and when the gun or part becomes illegal, how is this person notified that they are suddenly in violation of the law? Asking for a friend. 😇
They are notified at the time of their arrest. One of the tenents of American law is that ignorance of the law is not a valid defense. It's no longer practical due to the enormous number of laws in this country, but there it is.

edit: @sobo beat me to it but yeah, what he said.

Are we all going to pretend that there is no pattern of justices leaning toward their party lines? Why do you think Biden keeps talking about packing the court? What does he think is wrong with it now?
How about the justice that is already on the court now that said her ethnic background gave her better insight than that of a white male.

Racism is cool if you aren't white apparently.

Not my opinion at all. That was the Supreme Court interpretation for decades , most of US history. I think Ive been pretty clear about firearms laws. My opinion means nothing. Same goes for your opinion. I dont even bother stating my opinion because it means squat. I live by rules passed by Congress, interpreted by the SCOTUS and executed by the ATF. Try telling the judge at your trial how the 2nd amendment means this or that and he'll laugh while passing sentence.
Um, yeah? I said point, not opinion. And you clarified exactly what I thought the point you were making. Which was that it doesn't matter what a pleb THINKS the 2A means, just what has been reviewed and ruled upon. Yeah, I was agreeing with you, uncommon as that might be.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews