JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My property manager for a rental I have made the renters sign a form that said they will not keep any guns on the rental premises. That's bad that people have already lost the right to protect themselves

First off insurance companies have more money than god
And power a plenty with that money.

As soon as you hire on to a job and sign that you have read the handbook,you have to abide by their rules or face termination.
Pretty simple.Don't work for the employer if you don't like their rules,right?

Most of the rules about weapons came from the post office shootings and the insurance companies decided it would just be easier to ban weapons on insured's properties.

You can fight them all you want,but they have their own law offices.They don't go to the phone book and call someone.

Not saying I like the idea but if you decide to work for someone ,you kinda have to follow their policies.

If I don't like the area I'm working in or parking in,I will tell the employer that they need to supply security if I can't carry or have a gun in my vehicle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My property manager for a rental I have made the renters sign a form that said they will not keep any guns on the rental premises. That's bad that people have already lost the right to protect themselves

Thats a place that I would not rent, or lease, you will not loose your right, if unwilling to give it up. :s0155:

It is your proerty. The property manager does not have the right to dictate what you as the owner will or willl not allow at the rental. Fire the property manager or have him rewrite the lease and include the wording that firearms are allowed. Otherwise you are one of the useful idoits that allow rights to be dissolved.

In WA you cant leave a gun in a car unattended unless its in a locked box.
Probably a good idea anyway, even if you dont live in a shady area.

But my question is, what good is your pistol going to do you if its in your locked car?

either keep it with you or leave it safe at home.
Not really worth the risk

So when you get into your vehicle does it magically "appear" at your destination then?

It is your proerty. The property manager does not have the right to dictate what you as the owner will or willl not allow at the rental. Fire the property manager or have him rewrite the lease and include the wording that firearms are allowed. Otherwise you are one of the useful idoits that allow rights to be dissolved.

Yup.

THC101
You are misinformed. The RCW does not make that statement at all. It says that, and I am addressing only the CPL question, that a loaded weapon maybe be left in the vehicle if not in plain site to the public.

Not so fast there big guy.He represents the owner and if the owner doesn't want guns he can say that in the agreement.
Just like the "owner/employer" has the right to make you keep firearms of his property.

Not saying I agree or that I would rent there.( I would tell him to piss off personally,and my girl if she insisted on the place)

but if you sign the agreement,they have all the right in the world to kick you off the property.

Just say NO There are other places to live.Apartment complexes are notorious for having sketchy people

Not so fast there big guy.He represents the owner and if the owner doesn't want guns he can say that in the agreement.
Just like the "owner/employer" has the right to make you keep firearms of his property.
blahblahblah

Not so fast there big guy.
Go back and re-read.

The owner says:
A2theK said:

The property manager is implementing policies that the property owner disagrees with. MarkAd is completely correct in everything he said.

Not so fast there big guy.
Go back and re-read.

The owner says:

The property manager is implementing policies that the property owner disagrees with. MarkAd is completely correct in everything he said.

OK
WOW Get rid of that guy.He is probably doing what his insurance co told him to do.

Yeah If my renters feel the need to have a gun,I would probably sell the property in that neighborhood,but I would never tell them they could not have a gun in my rental.

Miss read the post.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top