JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly if you want real accuracy and precision get some micrometers. If I have a .001 tolerance I'm not using my calipers to inspect. Yes mitutoyo are the best digitals but I never used them for finishing parts unless I had a tolerance of .005 maybe. In the machining world calipers are not a high tolerance inspection tool.

Honestly if you want real accuracy and precision get some micrometers. If I have a .001 tolerance I'm not using my calipers to inspect. Yes mitutoyo are the best digitals but I never used them for finishing parts unless I had a tolerance of .005 maybe. In the machining world calipers are not a high tolerance inspection tool.
Bingo, micrometers are awesome.

My general rule towards tools is the more use it gets, especially if I earn my living with it, the higher quality I purchase. I have a lot of Snap-on mechanics tools, but I would not pay the premium for them as an average homeowner.
Same goes for my carpentry/woodworking tools. Mine are American or Japanese, but you can get better from Germany or Sweden...
It is simply a pleasure to work with quality tools that will last multiple lifetimes if you can afford it...
Heck, this discussion seems a bit like discussing which 1911 should I buy?
The entry level, those with a solid reputation or a premium custom my grandson would like to inherit.
As a carpenter for many years I relied on the best tools I could buy to make my living. I agree 100% with your logic. However as you referenced Snap on vs say Craftsman it boils down to use… however the stakes are high in not producing the highest quality reloads possible! I'll keep saving up!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top