JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the RCBS Chargemaster and attached a firework to it one night. Finicky is a polite way of describing that POS. When it worked it was lots of help but I think weighing each charge on a scale would have been far faster in a long reloading session, it just was not up to the task.

I had the RCBS Chargemaster and attached a firework to it one night. Finicky is a polite way of describing that POS. When it worked it was lots of help but I think weighing each charge on a scale would have been far faster in a long reloading session, it just was not up to the task.
I agree, when loading rifle ammo I always dispense charges on the ChargeMaster.
I have confidence that each of my loads weigh the desired amount.

I agree, when loading rifle ammo I always dispense charges on the ChargeMaster.
I have confidence that each of my loads weigh the desired amount.
My experience was unfortunately far different than yours though. I think I had a faulty not that they would not stand behind. When it did work it was great but the other 75% of the time it was error after error. I've been eyeing the Frankford units to replace but haven't had time to reload so it has been pretty low priority.

My experience was unfortunately far different than yours though. I think I had a faulty not that they would not stand behind. When it did work it was great but the other 75% of the time it was error after error. I've been eyeing the Frankford units to replace but haven't had time to reload so it has been pretty low priority.
Not sure what a firework is though.
This is how I do it, old style. After dumping the charge I then move that filled case to the Lee Pro1000 for bullet seating then a light crimp & done.

4FEF4412-2202-473C-9EF9-6FA44ED4F05E.jpeg

The Hornady unit is the one I'd go with, they have a lifetime warranty of service for it, so if it breaks or stops working they'll fix or replace it.

Last Edited:
I was just there and did not see any Fiocchi primers there, that are behind the counter and I need glasses badly.
Although I did pick up 3 pounds of CFE 223 for a good price. :D

Dammit, I'm trying to save up for a Hornady Lock n Load AP!!!
Those are nice presses and Bimart is a good place to get one from.
It is nice to know other stores have gotten more reload supplies in.

I watched multitudes of YouTube video's before deciding on the RCBS Chargemaster Supreme. It's my first electronic powder dispenser and I've been impressed. It doesn't wander and I've checked it with my digital scale, a Lyman, and they always match weights. It's fast and helps speed up my reloading because I weight each charge,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top