JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now you're talking my language. If you have a place to go outside of a major metropolitan area, draw a line(cases in your state/city/zip code/city block or whatever criteria you deem important) and once that line is crossed, get out! We already live WAY out, but a realistic concern of mine is that my sister/mother/fill-in-the-blank family member waits too long, somehow gets out of whatever city and then forces me to turn them away because I will not allow them to infect my family. I will not kill my wife and son in the house we purchased to get away from the city for the sake of those that spent their money and time on NASCAR, Disneyland and the NFL.

It's hard to prepare or react to something that has never happened, especially in a society that has done all it can to remove individual thought and reasoning. I don't need the government to tell me to save my family from an infectious disease, but some do. Anyone that has real concerns for an outbreak needs to make their own decisions and follow their own guidelines. Waiting for an "authority" figure to tell you where to go or waiting for them to "save" you has proven dangerous(Katrina?). At the same time, those of us that bought into this desolate lifestyle years ago will not take too kindly to those thinking that "heading to the mountains" is a good idea. If you want in, get in. If you want that NASCAR/NFL life I mentioned earlier, don't think you'll just bring your diseases and police with you when you run for your life. Believe it or not, my intention is to make people aware that if they wait until the last minute, those of us that have been paying attention won't have the motivation to protect those that laughed at us and compared us to Chicken Little. My motivation is not to be "mean". The reality of an actual outbreak, Ebola or any other disease shouldn't be taken lightly and the idea that someone will share their canned goods while people vomit blood in the street is fantasy. Get prepared. Ebola or not, we truly are in the latter days.

With a 30 + day incubation, one must trust NO outsider at that point. I will consider them all zombies..

"Contact Tracing" or "Contact Surface Infection" – U.S. Journalist Fears His Ebola Infection A Result of Latent Exposure…
Posted on October 6, 2014 by sundance
Many people have asked how can a cameraman with no direct contact to Ebola patients get infected with the Ebola virus. Here's the answer from the horses mouth so-to-speak.
Those who are paying attention will note Mr Mukpo is specifically describing aerosolized exposure to the virus. We have previously explained how Bloodborne Pathogen training day #1, Rule #1, specifically warns about this risk when cleaning OPIM (Other Potentially Infectious Material) such as vomit, urine, feces, saliva and/or blood.
ebola-11.jpg?w=960&h=705
(Via ABC News) The American journalist with Ebola who arrived at a Nebraska hospital today believes that he may have gotten infected when he got splashed while spray-washing a vehicle where someone had died from the disease.
Ashoka Mukpo arrived at the Nebraska Medical Center this morning after being flown directly from Liberia.
"He's strong and his symptoms are not more advanced then when he talked to us before he left which is a relief," his father Dr. Mitchell Levy said at a news conference today. He said his son has a fever and slight nausea.
"Likely he will go into the next phase where his symptoms will be more severe," Levy said.
Levy said that his son is "not certain" when he got the disease, but believes that he could have gotten infected by some of the spray back that came when he was using chlorine to disinfect a car.
"It was a vehicle that somebody had died in," Levy said. Continue reading

The nurse in Spain, the 1st person infected outside of Africa, may have been infected in the same manner

Sam - pretty evident we are on opposites sides on this politically. I just don't have time currently to deal with your preaching, I wont call it drivel because you bring up some interesting points - some of which I agree with. I was doing something important, like deer hunting, versus arguing points of an anarchist who thinks that they can only obey those laws they want and wrap it under the disguise of patriotism. I support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights but realize that even though they are law of the land they are not the only laws. They have never been the only laws. The Bill of Rights can be changed and has been modified in the past. If a great enough need arose again it could be modified as well - so just keep alienating people to your cause through rabid verbalization. Just my opinion - good luck.

Sam - pretty evident we are on opposites sides on this politically. I just don't have time currently to deal with your preaching, I wont call it drivel because you bring up some interesting points - some of which I agree with. I was doing something important, like deer hunting, versus arguing points of an anarchist who thinks that they can only obey those laws they want and wrap it under the disguise of patriotism. I support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights but realize that even though they are law of the land they are not the only laws. They have never been the only laws. The Bill of Rights can be changed and has been modified in the past. If a great enough need arose again it could be modified as well - so just keep alienating people to your cause through rabid verbalization. Just my opinion - good luck.

Find a job yet? Read a little Maslow on what it takes for a human to be able to reach as high as they can go. You will find the main corner stone to help people grow is security. With this basic and understanding only you can protect yourself it makes no sense to let government take away the best tools for you to use.

It's about life first, everything else is about how you live it. Those who would take away your ability to defend that life are killing you, they do not have that right.

Last Edited:
Again ebola is about life and death, are they doing the right things for use to stay alive?

Aids was a virus and 30+ million died from it, they are useing the same precautions they did with aids.

im not sure what the real concern here is with ebola. yes, its a nasty virus, yes it has killed people before. but we live in a developed nation with actual hospitals, not tents to treat sick people. we have antiviral drugs that can be used to treat the illness, not wet rags to wipe the sweat away. we dont need to import medical personnel, they live all around us.

im all about being prepared for emergency situations but ebola will never be an issue here in the US for the foreseeable future.

Pentagon: Troops will directly contact Ebola victims

Obama should have to be hands on with every ebola case. Put him in contact with all of them and no hazmat suit !

<broken link removed>

8bd63c768c7169964c1efb087b35dd9987564bf36570424e69262a7384078f26_1.jpg

Again ebola is about life and death, are they doing the right things for use to stay alive?

Aids was a virus and 30+ million died from it, they are useing the same precautions they did with aids.

To a greater degree Ebola is much harder to control. There are no real gurantees in life and the way you lead your life has a lot to do with what happens to you. If a person wants to see how many people that they can copulate in a year with, guess what - that person is more than likely to come down with a sexually transmitted disease. You dont take care of yourself and dont practice hygene likely your going to pick something up eventually. I just dont see how any president could have isolated the country completely from a disease. I am willing to bet that more people die this year from car accidents or cancer than ebola in the United States. That does not make it right but it puts it in perspective. Is that the preidents fault as well? any president? You choose.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top