JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This I got from my friend Charlie who I'm supposed to meet in Oregon later this month to fish with he's is working for CAL FIRE not sure what fire he is on but the text was we are evacuation of are fire camp now some where in CALI and OR border 8497.jpeg

I just found out he is on the Chetco bar fire Brookings OR its way out of control he drives a tanker truck hauling water most of the time the work with CAL FIRE but he is in Oregon now

Last Edited:
It's pretty smoky here off of Mill Plain in the 'couve and ash is falling from the sky. It's making my evening beer and cigarette much less enjoyable :s0059::s0145:

As if the timber barons of Oregon ever had the resident's interests at heart... never mind trying to log on those cliffs, but I guess if you use a fleet of helicopters!
I'm all for some controlled burns, just seems like there is a lack of labor and funding to do what should be done.
Too bad we don't have more helicopters...

Anyone else excited for the wild flowers?

This is why we have so many laws, because people lack what should be common sense.
I hope this kid gets some rough justice...
I know! WE COULD BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!!!

The morels will be popping in most all the burned over areas, there will be a lot of berries the next few years too.

Small consolation.

Saw a lot of deer on the road this morning crossing over to/from the river. Generally they can find wet spots in the woods, right now the only wet thing IS the river. Hunting season is going to be challenging.

Layers of hegemonic power zones in & around the USFS makes 'common sense' management decisions impossible.

From the tree huggers to the friends of the spotted owl and from complex trade decisions of the Clinton era many bad decisions on forest management have overruled what the actual 'Foresters' trained & bred to the health of the environment (as opposed to frenzied clueless tree huggers) have been ignored.

KVAL Al weather guy this AM reported 'air quality is the worst I've ever seen it'.

Further studies demonstrated spotted owl controversy was legalistic convenience more than actual biological species survival requirement.

Last Edited:
The columbia turns out to not be that big a barrier to the Fire.
We now have Skamania County fires and Clark County is limiting Access to SR14. Archer Mountain Fire 10-20 acres so far. So with 84 and 14 closed your routes East are to the North. Gas stations in North Bonneville have closed due to danger from falling sparks.

Crews at Multnomah falls are fighting to protect the Lodge. No one knows how far West the flames will be driven by the East Winds. This is by no means over yet. Live On K2

Guess I waited too long to get over to Eagle Creek for a hike this summer.

Piss poor management for decades led to this and most of these fires in the west. All of these so called management agencys have been infiltrated by the antis. Take a look at the BLM and USFS current policies of locking up millions of acres from the public that OWNS them.

I'm going to buy extra air filters for my commuter car. It looks like Mt. Saint Helens coughed up a lung full over here in Troutdale.

Last Edited:
Beaverton:
Today I woke up to find our porch and flora are covered in ash, reminiscent in miniature of the beginning to Mt, St Helens weeks of personal trials and aggravation..

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top