JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why are reloading blocks rarely in some factor of fifty . I have 4 different types of blocks one is 50 the others are 120 or 80. To me it seems that reloading bullets come in 50 or 100. Not a big deal but was curious behind the logic

Thanks

James

Why are reloading blocks rarely in some factor of fifty . I have 4 different types of blocks one is 50 the others are 120 or 80. To me it seems that reloading bullets come in 50 or 100. Not a big deal but was curious behind the logic

Thanks

James

I believe it is the same strategy of the difference in number of hotdogs in a package versus the number of hot dog buns in a package. There are always a discrepancy of two. ;)

Reloading blocks that come in 50 would only be 2 1/2 boxes of rifle ammunition so some come in amounts that are consistent with full boxes of ammo. 50 or 100 blocks are good for handgun as the boxes of ammo is usually 50 to a box.

Reloading blocks that come in 50 would only be 2 1/2 boxes of rifle ammunition so some come in amounts that are consistent with full boxes of ammo. 50 or 100 blocks are good for handgun as the boxes of ammo is usually 50 to a box.
I agree with you the question why they would not make them in multiples of 50 say 50 or 100. Not worth spending a lot of time just never understood what was special about 80 and 120.

Almost as irritating as the 25 cartridge loops on this belt designed to carry a K or L frame sized double action revolver. 6 + 25 = 31. ???

1530742986322-1355571401.jpg

I like to sit down and load 100 at a time of whatever flavor handgun. Primers come in 100 packs, so I'll always have 100 primed and ready cases.

Swiss long arms have a six round magazine, a leftover from the original Schmidt-Rubin Model of 1889 that had a TWELVE-round magazine, larger than any other manually-operated battle by a factor of at least two.

Swiss rifle competitions, including the annual 'obligataire' for Swiss citizens at the time, right up until the introduction of the StgW57, all required the use of chargers that held six rounds correctly, but five rounds very badly.

Needless to say, ALL GP11 ammunition comes in ten-round packages.

tac

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads