JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm pretty apathetic about the whole thing. Sounds to me like the A&E people are idiots, if they're surprised ol' Phil has different attitudes about Blacks and Gays than the politically correct people in Hollywood.

It would be refreshing if more people cared about the allegations that they're really upper middle class yuppies, posing as backwoods rednecks.

Duck Dynasty is Fake! And That?s a Fact, Jack! (Video) | Americans Against the Tea Party

.....sorry, but merely buying rural acrage, manufacturing quality duck calls, and growing a beard doesn't make you a hillbilly....but what do I know? I've never even watched the show, so I suppose I should shut up.

Just remember that not all gay people think free speech should only work for them. This guy is on T.V. a lot and has been speaking out. Too bad he seems to be in the minority. Someone needs to re-write that old saying. Let me try, First they came for the Conservative Christians and nobody spoke up, Then they came for the Islamists and nobody spoke up, then they came for the Moderate Democrats, etc., etc.,...........Then they came for the Gays and nobody was left to speak for them!

Champion News | TMZ Editor: A&E 'Dishonest,' 'Duck Dynasty' Star Has 'Right' to Express Views

TMZ editor Harvey Levin slammed A&E for its dishonesty after the network indefinitely suspended Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson this week for remarks to GQ that were supposedly "anti-gay."

Levin, who is himself gay, said A&E knew of Robertson's beliefs when they hired him because Robertson's opinions about gays have been on tape. He noted that the network, aware of Robertson's views, also signed off on the GQ interview.

Levin also said Robertson had a "right" to his beliefs and that they were "religious" and not "hate-based." He added even though he did not agree with Robertson and found his views to be "misdirected," Robertson has a right to express them.

I had no idea I was subscribing to the Northwest Compendium of Reality TV Quotations. Can we now discuss Alec Baldwin or maybe Barbara Walters latest hairstyle? Oh wait, did you hear the latest about Survivor: BF Egypt? FFS, lets keep it to guns, folks.

This should have been posted in the "Not enough goofy humor here" thread.......:peace:

TOS
(9) All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

I may be wrong but I believe the conversation was directed at the constructional adaptations of his Constitutional rights and how they are being removed as well are others including our 2nd amendment.
And not a political discussion about gay rights etc. Religion was discussed but only to the length on defining what his rights were and whether his belief was constitutionally protected. Which it was, I see this same battle with our second, as many of us have CC and yet there is no reason to have ever had the need for one. But one day not long ago, a people said its safer to know who is concealing firearms.
And people spoke up against this, and were quieted. DD is a great example of what direction the Gubberment is leaning when violating all constitutional rights. This case is important to gun owners in that if they are ignored in their desires for freedom, one can not be ignoring that our second is under the same attack and therefore may suffer the same fate.

just my take

SW

I'm in total agreement with your sentiment. However, the government had nothing to do with this and, in this instance there was clearly no violation of the First Amendment.

I agree with the perspective that he was not "denied " his First Amendment rights by A&E however he was punished for exercising it.
I would guess it would be along the same 2nd Amendment lines of me being fired by my boss for going shooting this weekend, or perhaps my Doctor letting me go cause I own firearms.
I think the problem is we are so used to the Gobberment violating our rights we forget civilian liberals are thinking they can do the same now as well. And we let them hide behind labels like BOSS, TEACHER, Activist, Non-profit and go after people and claim its their policy.
Trust me I get your point, I just have the opinion suppressing my rights and punishing me because I have them is wrong regardless if its the Gov or Bob down the street.

"I would guess it would be along the same 2nd Amendment lines of me being fired by my boss for going shooting this weekend, or perhaps my Doctor letting me go cause I own firearms. " That WOULD be a violation of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. That right shall not be infringed.

I just emaild Cracker Barrel about their decision to pull some DD merchandise.
There is a full-on frontal attack on free speech in the U S in case you hadn't noticed . . .
Sheldon

dd_debacle_zps8ebcb7c0.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR