JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I didn't take time to read every post in this thread, but I did a lot of them. It may have been said, but the folks (always small minority groups)that scream for "tolerance" are always the most "intolerant" of all. I am one that agrees 100% with Phil, but have been part of what I believe is the silent majority. Maybe its time for me and the majority to wake up and take a stand. I am supporting the boycott of A&E. My first ever. Might just add Starbucks, Crackerbarrel and the other left wing radical "Intolerant's" to the boycott list. The only thing they understand is money.

A little off-topic but Taku brought it up . . .Polygamy:

It seems to me that the more women a man is married to the better chance he has of having one he can get along with!?!?!?

Sheldon

Make me sad hearing the stuff that they did. That is not the Christian way I follow. Defense is one thing and so is murder.

I'm neither. In fact my Christian views would have gotten me burned at the stake in the old days, because I know what the book actually says

Have you guys heard of Charlie Daniels Tweet comments to the creepy little Piers Morgan over the DD thing? Hilarious

A little off-topic but Taku brought it up . . .Polygamy:

It seems to me that the more women a man is married to the better chance he has of having one he can get along with!?!?!?

Sheldon

Funny stuff. OK, PLEASE let's not go there as a topic but allow me to post a very interesting URL, in fact I won't even link it. Anyone who wants to PM discuss it with me is welcome biblicalpolygamy.com

I'm neither. In fact my Christian views would have gotten me burned at the stake in the old days, because I know what the book actually says

Have you guys heard of Charlie Daniels Tweet comments to the creepy little Piers Morgan over the DD thing? Hilarious

Yea I saw that. Pretty good :D

If you want to voice your opinion to Cracker Barrel, here is their website for contact.
Be sure to fill all fields with at least an n/a or it won't go through.
I had fun giving them the point of a sharp stick :D

<broken link removed>

Good work, sir!

Cracker Barrel does a 180: ?Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.? | Twitchy

Dear Taku*:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that's just what we've done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.

And, we apologize for offending you.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.

* I know, but I couldn't resist a little poetic license

A lot of folks weighed in on this, and not everyone agreed with me! Oh, the horror! I am honored to share thoughts with such a firm-in-their-beliefs crew. Although we may all never agree, its good to know we can express ourselves without the door getting kicked in. (NSA, Merry Christmas!). Thought I would add that in, seeing as how they are reading this as I type.

Good work, sir!

Cracker Barrel does a 180: ?Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.? | Twitchy

Dear Taku*:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that&rsquo;s just what we&rsquo;ve done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren&rsquo;t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

ROFLMAO
I wish they would have printed it.
I didn't't even get a reply. Maybe the didn't have a fire extinguisher handy to read it.

I tend not to mince words or play pc games. A hell of a lot of people let em have it between the eyes I see.

Sure glad they developed some grey matter and did the right thing, but I still wont forgive them for doing it in the first place.

Loved the post though. Made almost feel I actually got a reply.:D

Good work, sir!

Dear Taku*:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that's just what we've done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Excellent job, lads, sorry I was out of the loop

ROFLMAO
I wish they would have printed it.
I didn't't even get a reply. Maybe the didn't have a fire extinguisher handy to read it.

I tend not to mince words or play pc games. A hell of a lot of people let em have it between the eyes I see.

Sure glad they developed some grey matter and did the right thing, but I still wont forgive them for doing it in the first place.

Loved the post though. Made almost feel I actually got a reply.:D

I suspect an honest reply to you would have gone something like:

Dear Taku,
When we decided to make our lily-livered spineless politically correct knee-jerk reaction to discontinue Duck Dynasty products out of fear that we would offend the peaceful and tolerant left and thus be targeted by them, we didn't realize that so many of our customers don't belong to left wing progressive groups and would actually stop buying the overpriced badly cooked commercial grade food products we serve.

We would apologize except that this would imply that the reptilian brains of our corporate directors were capable of a non self centered emotion or were actually capable of learning. In fact, we only caved in, I mean changed our minds, when we realized that it would impact business. We finally decided that a bunch of lesbians making out in our parking lot like Chick-fil-A was a better prospect than losing all our money. We were also afraid, after your very detailed description of where we can put all those rocking chairs that we might also hear from Brutus.

We sincerely hope that you will think that we did this for all the right reasons, but mainly it's because we haven't sold any food in two days now and we really need to make a lot of sales. If it helps we will even make Duck Dynasty themed meals like "Phil's Flapjacks", "Willie's Waffles", and "Kay's Farm Fresh Omelet".

Please bear in mind that this is all about profits, and if we get more business from GLAAD than you we will change our theme to rainbow everything and all those novelty items we sell out front will require batteries.

Yes, BUT a win is a win in military terms. Lads please keep this in mind as much as we really do want an over the top, awesome victory

Baby steps first

NM Supreme Court: Price of citizenship is compromising your beliefs - Alliance Defending Freedom

NM Supreme Court: Price of citizenship is compromising your beliefs

"SANTA FE, N.M. &#8212; The New Mexico Supreme Court ruled Thursday against a photographer who declined to use her artistic expression to communicate the story of a same-sex ceremony. In a concurrence accompanying the opinion, one of the justices wrote that the photographer and her husband, Elaine and Jonathan Huguenin, "now are compelled by law to compromise the very religious beliefs that inspire their lives," adding "it is the price of citizenship."

"The idea that free people can be &#8216;compelled by law to compromise the very religious beliefs that inspire their lives' as the &#8216;price of citizenship' is a chilling and unprecedented attack on freedom," said Senior Counsel Jordan Lorence. "Americans are now on notice that the price of doing business is their freedom. We are considering our next steps, including asking the U.S. Supreme Court to right this wrong."

A Rasmussen poll last month found that "If a Christian wedding photographer who has deeply held religious beliefs opposing same-sex marriage is asked to work a same-sex wedding ceremony, 85% of American adults believe he has the right to say no." ..."

Follow up.... <broken link removed>

"Support is growing for photographers instructed by the state New Mexico Supreme Court to deny their faith by accepting photography jobs for same-gender union ceremonies.

Elaine and Jonathan Huguenin told lesbian Vanessa Willock in 2006 they would not photograph her commitment ceremony in Albuquerque because of their religious beliefs. They were fined about $6,700.

A complaint was filed and after seven years the case is now before the nation's high court, which must decide whether to hear what could be a landmark case.

"The First Amendment protects our freedom to speak or not speak without fear of government retaliation," says Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Jordan Lorence.

Lorence, Jordan (ADF)"All Americans should oppose unjust laws that force citizens under threat of punishment to express ideas against their will," says the ADF attorney.

A government that forces any American to create a message contrary to his or her own convictions "is a government every American should fear," Lorence warns.

The Cato Institute and several legal scholars have filed briefs favoring the Hugeunin's.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top