JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Today Glenn Beck said he would host them on his Online TV show with no barries the duck family being themselves. Way to slap the left media right in the utopia.

I heard Glenn make this comment. It would be a huge deal for Glenn and a Monstrous slap in the face of the other networks. They'll be fine though however they work it out because they're right and they're getting a ton of support. What a stupid thing to make a big deal over, I mean, just because Phil is absolutely correct, but that's just my opinion. :cool:

I pretty much think the feelings surrounding this situation are a representation of how divided we are as a country. People with traditional, conservative, earn your keep, hard working family values based upon your faith versus the hand out, entitlement, never worked a hard day in your life, welfare, liberal, how dare you say such a thing, politically correct society....

I'm pretty sure that at this point, the whole show would move to a different network if lawyers were not involved. Somehow, whenever a lot of money is involved, so are lawyers.

I hope they move it and let A&E stick with the fashion and dance themed reality shows.

Next thing you know Kenny from Storage Wars will call one of the two fat guys a very bad name off the air and it will be all down hill from there.

While I no longer share his beliefs/basis for saying the things he did, I have to agree with this Phil guys right to say them. In fact, both Chris Rock and Bill Mahers have made similar comments and got off scott free with hardly any objection.

Both have said on stage that they have nothing against gays or gay marriage, but they find the physical acts, or two men having sex disgusting, etc. When there was no real backlash about what they said you have to see what was missing. They didn't make those statements based on a religious belief or some guiding mythology. They said it more like kids that found something to be 'gross.'

So apparently, in most cases, you can express your opinion, even as a celebrity as long as you don't attached a 'faith' to it.

One thing is for sure, while the nation is going down the tubes our owners love this type of stuff. Let's keep the masses bickering amongst themselves while we rob them blind.

I had no idea I was subscribing to the Northwest Compendium of Reality TV Quotations. Can we now discuss Alec Baldwin or maybe Barbara Walters latest hairstyle? Oh wait, did you hear the latest about Survivor: BF Egypt? FFS, lets keep it to guns, folks.

So apparently, in most cases, you can express your opinion, even as a celebrity as long as you don't attached a 'faith' to it.
If faith is attached to it, then we must be accountable to an higher authority. And if that be true, then we must be accountable to what that higher authority has stated in His dealings with man.

On the other hand, if the higher authority is removed from the equation, then the subject is simple a comment from another human being who may or may not be taken seriously.

lets keep it to guns, folks.

That's what an Off-Topic section is for - plus this thread didn't turn into a religion discussion which is great. The real topic is does a person have the right to express a personal opinion or not; should every word/phrase be censurable. Since the 1st is close buddies with the 2nd (if the 2nd goes, the 1st will surely follow) I believe the subject is worthy of discussion that is why I rebooted it.

This is more specifically about what you can say that is at your job or 'during employment.'

I had a friend who worked on a loading dock for ten years, impeccable record, never sick, etc. He made the fatal mistake of waving to a hot girl walking by his dock one day. The female did not complain, one of his loading dock co-workers nard'd and he was immediately fired with cause, no unemployment pay, bam! done.

For doing NOTHING. It wasn't sexual, offensive, nothing.

THAT is what this pansy society of scared hens has become. Political correctness is one of the agendas of our owners so they can turn it around as use it to suppress truths that they want silenced. It is only a matter of time before it is illegal to discuss certain subjects in the US like it already is in Europe.

It is all about dissecting individual freedoms. Anything that takes away from you - as a person standing alone - is being pushed to the limit. "It is what it is always about - more for them and less for you" - Carlin.

Truth does not need to run from questions.

It is much worse than most people think. You don't have to hate gays. You don't have to be a misogynist or a pervert. Or a person filled with bigotry or hate. You just have to appear to be one. Just for a minute or two; and then you are done.

There are only two groups left that can be mocked and degraded openly on our programming terminals (our TVs). Transgenders/Transexuals are still fair game as seen on many sitcoms, etc. That will change.

The other 'group' that is fair game are anyone of Middle Eastern decent, aka those evil brown people with 'swords and Turbans.'

That is because Americans have been brainwashed so thoroughly over so many years by those who control our media to hate them.

Everyone is prejudice to some point. Social/media programming for the most part has made us that way. You are barely out of the womb before you are TOLD who to hate.

Most people cling to this programmed hatred as if it were a direct reality for them. What I mean by that is most people who hate Arabs have never once talked to one face to face as a fellow human being; or ever, *** forbid, talk to a transexual to make a face to face assessment and judgement.

People, in the vast majority of cases, are TOLD who to hate - for various scripted reasons/depictions. So they do.

Sometimes there are rewards for putting our prejudice on the shelf (thanks Scrammer! - on the Joke Thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just put this here for everyone to re-read:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm pretty sure A&E isn't the government so they can do as they please.

People get fired all the time for saying all means of things. Recall Gilbert Gottfried was fired for tweeting, for cryin' out loud. Alec Baldwin was fired for the same reason Phil was suspended. Happens quite often.

What does this mean on a gun forum? Quite a bit, really. The Bill of Rights doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want, it's clear in the text. Compare that to the 2nd Amendment. Nowhere in the text is there any mention of authority--my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Ever. End of story. Private business, schools, you name it, IMHO are in violation of the Constitution when they ban firearms. Big difference to me. Thus endeth the rant. Merry Christmas!

Sure a boss can fire you for sayin stuff that A) it costs them money or B) it is against their moral believes or C) they blindly follow the liberal believes and are PC about what THEY want to be PC about...

Back in 1980, fresh out of the Army, I told my boss that I was not going out to work in a thunderstorm down in Florida, he promptly put out his hand out and said "Keys" and handed them directly to my best friend & he went out to work in the thunderstorm... I promptly then went to the his competitor and got a better paying job with more benefits, what's a guy to do when faced with a douche bag boss???

Sure a boss can fire you for sayin stuff that A) it costs them money or B) it is against their moral believes or C) they blindly follow the liberal believes and are PC about what THEY want to be PC about...

Back in 1980, fresh out of the Army, I told my boss that I was not going out to work in a thunderstorm down in Florida, he promptly put out his hand out and said "Keys" and handed them directly to my best friend & he went out to work in the thunderstorm... I promptly then went to the his competitor and got a better paying job with more benefits, what's a guy to do when faced with a douche bag boss???

Personal Inititive Something the left is clueless about unless it attacking someone else.

I had no idea I was subscribing to the Northwest Compendium of Reality TV Quotations. Can we now discuss Alec Baldwin or maybe Barbara Walters latest hairstyle? Oh wait, did you hear the latest about Survivor: BF Egypt? FFS, lets keep it to guns, folks.

It is those people and their leftist rants and exposure that puts guns into the issue.
If it were not for their mindsets, there would be no push for taking our freedoms.
Exposing their mentality and the mentality of all the anti constitution leftists has a
direct connection to guns.
You need to wake the hell up !

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads