JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i wouldnt drop my handgun in a class either. how is it common sense to have a problem with someone who refuses to drop their weapon? you can teach someone to drop their weapon without having them drop their weapon in class.

James Yeager = internet boob, and modern day idiot....remember this is the same guy that stands downrange during a live fire excercise..

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him. I just thought this video pointed out something interesting... that's what the preface was all about.

I figured you were not defending him, I just saw James Yeager, farted and giggled.. My norm when I see Mr Yeager..

I met him once, and that was enough for me...They had to bring in some carpenters to make the doors wider so he could fit his huge head thru the doors.

As for dropping a gun, I do it every year while elk hunting..:s0112:

This time Yeager makes sense. You get a mark on the gun, big deal. The whole point he is making is just about saving your bacon from some punk 2 bit pig putting many holes in you becuase you worried to much about laying your gun down.
I don't carry what I am afraid of marking, scratching, marring, make holster wear marks on.
But is he a boob. Yes at least on youtube.

<broken link removed>

Officers have been found dead with empty brass in their pockets. How many times do you need to do/not do something for it to become muscle memory?

People do weird bubblegum in a firefight, and I've personally watched an Lt (not mine thankfully) fight to get his M9 back into his holster, instead of dropping it and picking his M4 back up.

M9 was lanyarded to him, it wasn't going anywhere. Don't know why he had the pistol out to begin with.

This is just more silliness from Yeager. It's amusing to see him toss around phrases like needing an open mind but sidestepping judgment.

Some training ideas are bad. While the issue of complying with police commands is an important one, his approach borders on being incompetent. First, the biggest issue in complying with police instruction is listening. It is not uncommon for a person to receive conflicting orders, especially if there is more than one officer. And even if there is just one, an individual still may be told to do two things that are mutually exclusive. Getting told, "Don't move!" and "Drop it!" has happened to quite a few people.

Dropping a gun on command (once and just once as Yeager stressed) has negligible value. One of the keys to training is repetition. Having practiced something just once is very close to never having done it. It's not like under the pressure of a gunfight one's mind will clear upon hearing part of a police command and the person will replicate this "trust fall" moment because he did it "just once" in Yeager's class.

There is no need to drop a $500+ pistol in the gravel. This is what dummy guns are for. You can drop those repetitively and actually get people accustomed to dealing with a variety of situations without them being distracted by their beautiful whatever getting a new scar or real damage.

Agree. This is why there are Blueguns for training.

This is just more silliness from Yeager. It's amusing to see him toss around phrases like needing an open mind but sidestepping judgment.

Some training ideas are bad. While the issue of complying with police commands is an important one, his approach borders on being incompetent. First, the biggest issue in complying with police instruction is listening. It is not uncommon for a person to receive conflicting orders, especially if there is more than one officer. And even if there is just one, an individual still may be told to do two things that are mutually exclusive. Getting told, "Don't move!" and "Drop it!" has happened to quite a few people.

Dropping a gun on command (once and just once as Yeager stressed) has negligible value. One of the keys to training is repetition. Having practiced something just once is very close to never having done it. It's not like under the pressure of a gunfight one's mind will clear upon hearing part of a police command and the person will replicate this "trust fall" moment because he did it "just once" in Yeager's class.

There is no need to drop a $500+ pistol in the gravel. This is what dummy guns are for. You can drop those repetitively and actually get people accustomed to dealing with a variety of situations without them being distracted by their beautiful whatever getting a new scar or real damage.

finally, for a second there. i thought i was the only one who was thinking this is dumb. i wouldnt take a class under him even without knowing he tells you to do something stupid.

<broken link removed>

Officers have been found dead with empty brass in their pockets. How many times do you need to do/not do something for it to become muscle memory?

People do weird bubblegum in a firefight, and I've personally watched an Lt (not mine thankfully) fight to get his M9 back into his holster, instead of dropping it and picking his M4 back up.

M9 was lanyarded to him, it wasn't going anywhere. Don't know why he had the pistol out to begin with.

LOL... as I was reading about the LT. the first thing I thought was "dummy should have his gear lanyarded up!" ... then you mentioned it was. People's brains can "short-circuit" under sudden/extreme circumstances, and for all we know that LT. may have thought about that pistol a week prior, and bang... he just grabs it instead.

The human brain is an awesome concoction, but dang they can be random sometimes.

LOL... as I was reading about the LT. the first thing I thought was "dummy should have his gear lanyarded up!" ... then you mentioned it was. People's brains can "short-circuit" under sudden/extreme circumstances, and for all we know that LT. may have thought about that pistol a week prior, and bang... he just grabs it instead.

The human brain is an awesome concoction, but dang they can be random sometimes.

On a side note:

After everything settled down, we later found out that he was actually branched in.....wait for it......accounting.

He was doing what the non-combat guys do over there. Hitch a ride to try and get contact so they can get a medal/CAB. He got his fair share that dau.

I don't follow the firearm instruction industry anymore, and I don't really know anything about this guy. I do know he sure as hell isn't the first guy to want his students to drop their weapons, though.. this isn't something that unique or radical. Some students DO need to get around the idea that their weapon is a display piece. The car comparison pops up a lot... Ferraris and pickup trucks and all that BS. If you want to have a "Ferrari gun," that's fine.. but leave it on the wall where it belongs. The gun you've brought to a gunfighting class needs to be a gun you understand is absolutely nothing more than a tool to use to kill people with.

It came about in response to watching guys totally butcher firing positions and drills and exercises as they tried to keep their guns from getting scratched. bubblegum the gun, just do what you need to do to stay alive!

All that said, this guy seems to take it to a different level. Personally, and having raked my guns across gravel many times, I probably wouldn't take a class from a guy who insisted I just throw it on the ground for no reason. Just seems affectated and silly.

Yeager needs a beating, or a spanking, or something! That fool dose not understand his pride, will end him long befor any lethal encounter will.
He will grow old siting in a box with bars. And every day Bubba will give his backside a lesson in humility!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top