JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no fish this morning for me but not for the lack of trying. First off, I noticed I left my Cannonball sinkers at the house but other than that I think I got everything else accept a fish in the cooler.:p 20180503_061940.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a friend that charters and he said the fishing has been terrible this year.
Of course a bad day fishing is better than a good day working;)

I have a friend that charters and he said the fishing has been terrible this year.
Of course a bad day fishing is better than a good day working;)

I agree the last 7 years have been terrible, and it's not just in one area it's in every area.:(

I think after this trip I will just concentrate on fishing the lakes for Kokanee and a few steelhead trips.

I think you need to move east into trout waters... I hear trout on the Columbia get up to 10lbs easy.
Wish I was out on the water tho, wherever it is!

There is a small lake just across the border into Oregon near Joseph I think.....that supposedly has the state record for Kokanee............does anyone know about it?

There is a small lake just across the border into Oregon near Joseph I think.....that supposedly has the state record for Kokanee............does anyone know about it?

Wallowa Lake is fab early in the season... don't wait cuz August is no good. Downriggers a must. Wedding Rings, Koke spinners, etc. Fish migrate during the day from deep water near the west middle to the shallower area around the dam.

Funny how many gill nets I saw on Young's bay the other day. I thought my endorsement ended all that...

Young's Bay is a terminal fishery. The smolts are acclimated in net pens in the bay, released, and come back to the bay, specifically for the netters. Our licence increases were to keep the gill netters IN those terminal areas and OUT of the main stem Columbia. There's also Blind slough and a couple/three other terminal areas I can't think of now.

A share of Willamette river springer smolts plants were given to the Young's Bay net pens specifically for the netters....So when they were off the Columbia in the spring they could still get (hatchery) springers while not netting the wild Willamette fish that come up the Columbia.

YAY!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads