JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well it's that time again and if things don't get better for me health wise, it may be my last open seat offer to fish Drano Lake. I will be fishing out of my green 16' Willie Predator open sled with Folbe pole holders and will fish Drano or Wind depending on how things go and weather conditions, I know Drano very well but have been on the hind teat at Wind so if anyone wants to fish Wind with your expert knowledge just let me know. If the fishin is good I'm staying into next week (2nd week in May) I will keep the post updated.
Here is what I expect, I expect people to speak louder and face me if possible due to my hearing impairment (I have a remote control for it so I can try and dial in your voice).
I expect you to help out in the boat (netting, with bait, setting out poles, run the kicker if needed and just plain common sense fishin so be alert). Please be respectful of what is going on.
No drinking allowed (sorry) I do not drink when in the captains chair and would just like to keep things nice and easy.
I quit smoking a few years ago so no smoking (I just can't handle it in such close quarters).
I will meet at Drano on the South side away from the ramp to the right side where most guides park (I am in no way a guide so don't expect to get a shore lunch, coddled or expecting me baiting your hook (you may be asked to bait mine because of the hectic nature around the bowl and in the lake if things are hopping. I don't have a lot of room, I do have a large cooler with ice for your use so no small coolers please.
I like to use brined herring, prawn spinners and wrapped M2 flatfish (long lined in the lake) you may bring your own bait and gear but if you don't have it I'll let you use mine. Bring clothing to suit the conditions.
4-29 Tuesday) 2 open seats Drano
4-30 Wednesday) 2 open seats Wind
5-1 Thursday) 2 open seats D< >W
5-2 Friday) 1 open seats D< >W (I have a 2 pole tag)
5-3 Saturday may have 1 open seat D< >W (I have a 2 pole tag)
5-4 Sunday no open seats at this time, sorry
Contact Jim by text @ 36zero-47zero-two47five due to my hearing plus I have a smarter than me phone. Please mention NWFA.

Caveman, your a rare breed in todays world. I only wish I were closer to come and enjoy that time with you, hats off to a real man.
All that talk about this possibly being your last hoorah has got to stop here and now, we want you around for a long time my friend as this world would be a far less enjoyable place without you!

Thanks for the encouragement there John. I am on a mission to get these Damn L&I claim idiots busy to get my back fixed this year & then try & get the cochlear implant next year.

These trips are getting harder to do with my wore out body, but I love doing it so I'll continue as long as I can but expect a certain amount of complaining cause I earned it.........

The numbers of fish caught each year seem to be getting smaller but that's why they call it (help me out here) "fishing"....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top