JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldn't be nice if law enforcement were better paid and respected? Would that be so hard?

Sure, bad things happen in extreme situations. To anyone. But the broader anti-cop trend is just revolting. I don't worry about George Soros or immigrants, but this does piss me off.
I'm sorry but I work closely with law enforcement, and trust me, even in small towns as well as big cities, they are well taken care of. My line of work is different, equally as dangerous, could argue more dangerous due to the nature of it but, we just get regular pay. Police are WELL taken care of, salary is just a small part of their compensation package. There is a reason that to employ a cop at my salary costs almost twice as much for the same "salary". There's lots of perks that are far easier to hide. I have strong opinions on people who don't have to be held accountable for literally ignoring huge portions of what they are hired to do. I have many, many examples but cannot share on an open forum.

So who do you deliver pizzas for?

:)
I've never had the opportunity to perform a job of that level dude, my starting positions of all of my jobs required more than a ODL and a dirty UA. Now, I have an office in City Hall and lead a crew. I'm not one to tell someone how to do something, I'm one to show. I'd never ask someone to do something that I'd never do myself, actually resonates quite well with men who are real men.

I'm sorry but I work closely with law enforcement, and trust me, even in small towns as well as big cities, they are well taken care of. My line of work is different, equally as dangerous, could argue more dangerous due to the nature of it but, we just get regular pay. Police are WELL taken care of, salary is just a small part of their compensation package. There is a reason that to employ a cop at my salary costs almost twice as much for the same "salary".
I think we might have different notions of 'being taken care of' and how salaries should scale. Yes I would imagine that police have higher overhead costs relative to some other jobs. I still think they should get more in terms of cash.

I've never had the opportunity to perform a job of that level dude, my starting positions of all of my jobs required more than a ODL and a dirty UA. Now, I have an office in City Hall and lead a crew. I'm not one to tell someone how to do something, I'm one to show. I'd never ask someone to do something that I'd never do myself, actually resonates quite well with men who are real men.
Ignoring the bulk of that because it takes this way off-topic, my comment was directed to the fact that pizza delivery drivers are at a greater risk of death and injury then police officers. Historically law-enforcement comes in as around the 22nd or 23rd most dangerous profession in the United States somewhat tied with roofing.

Ignoring the bulk of that because it takes this way off-topic, my comment was directed to the fact that pizza delivery drivers are at a greater risk of death and injury then police officers. Historically law-enforcement comes in as around the 22nd or 23rd most dangerous profession in the United States somewhat tied with roofing.
If you have to explain it, it wasn't funny.

So... Pizza drivers should get paid more?

You knew he couldn't be a pizza delivery person. He stated that he worked closely with LE. You can pretend, but we all saw it. And it's not the first time.
Not the first time that what? That you chose to be a offended by something that wasn't intended or even remotely offensive?
And the only way I could have intended it to be offensive is if I had an incredibly disparaging view of people who deliver pizzas for a living, which I can assure you I do not.
And I don't have a disparaging view of police officers fire fighters, garbage, collectors, janitors, librarians, social workers mail carriers, park, parks, and recreation workers secretaries, reporters, press, agents, actors, or whoever else I left off the list.

But I will say I'm not particularly fond to people who do cold calling to ask about my cars extended warranty

Not the first time that what? That you chose to be a offended by something that wasn't intended or even remotely offensive?
And the only way I could have intended it to be offensive is if I had an incredibly disparaging view of people who deliver pizzas for a living, which I can assure you I do not.
And I don't have a disparaging view of police officers fire fighters, garbage, collectors, janitors, librarians, social workers mail carriers, park, parks, and recreation workers secretaries, reporters, press, agents, actors, or whoever else I left off the list.

But I will say I'm not particularly fond to people who do cold calling to ask about my cars extended warranty
I don't believe you.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR