JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those in favor of allowing 16 year olds the right to vote...

Would you want someone who has vastly less experience in life , making decisions that affect your life...?

Are you the same person that you were at 16 ...do you think and feel the same about anything , now as you did then...?

If 16 year olds get the right to vote...Are they then able to also serve in the Military and see and possibly experience the direct result of their vote...?

Just some things to think about.
Andy

Shhh… Don't tell anyone the voting requirements when the country was founded.

How dare Jerry or the Minnesota GOP lawmaker get upset with libs who are destroying the nation with their idiocy! :rolleyes:
I don't blame either of them for being upset but their reactions could swing fence sitters away from our side and over to the dark side. Imaging if one of our Reps had written Jerry's letter, it might make their next election effort a little more difficult.

Last Edited:
Thinking about changing the voting age can be mind boggling and scary as well. But realize this, it takes a Constitutional Amendment to accomplish this, the same as when the Voting age was changed to 18 yrs old. It took many years to get that accomplished. And by that time the same 16 yr olds will already be of age to vote anyway. And in that case it is scary as well. My Daughter is closing in on her 18th birthday and most of her class mates pay more attention to Sponge Bob (Seriously) than what is going on in this country today. At least my daughter asks about what is going on in the world of Politics. And actually sat and watched the last State of the Union Address. And joined in on a conversation with my wife and I afterward.

Shhh… Don't tell anyone the voting requirements when the country was founded.

Since I'm not saying that one needs to be a White property owning male...As was the case for much of the country in our early era after the Revolution...I am not telling anyone the voting requirements when the country was founded...
I was however pointing out some of my concerns regarding the idea of allowing 16 year olds to vote.
Andy

Then there's this:
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) on Sunday denounced a GOP state lawmaker for saying that gun control proponents needed to be "kicked to the curb and stomped on and run over a few times," arguing that the language endangers communities.
Source: Minnesota governor rips lawmaker for saying gun control backers should be 'run over'

I've got the right tool for the job!!!

20160518_143620.jpg

I know Sen. Fagan. I disagree with her gun stance. But she is for real about where she stands, does her own social media, has a tiny staff, works as a Senator, a lawyer, and a mom. She's a real bad bubblegum and will f you up if you send her this type of bull, which I have no doubt at all is real.

I know Sen. Fagan. I disagree with her gun stance. But she is for real about where she stands, does her own social media, has a tiny staff, works as a Senator, a lawyer, and a mom. She's a real bad bubblegum and will f you up if you send her this type of bull, which I have no doubt at all is real.

So she really is a thunderc*nt.

According to her twitter bio "I swear like a sailor." so she can't really be offended at the language.

Fun fact: her prime adversary in the Senate is Ginny Burdick. Of course, it would be unreasonable for pro 2A folks to think strategically, ever. But say, in another dimension, gun rights advocates tried to build lines of communication, even if they couldn't get to agreement...But it's so much more fun to call her a c around some issue of no importance.

Fun fact: her prime adversary in the Senate is Ginny Burdick. Of course, it would be unreasonable for pro 2A folks to think strategically, ever. But say, in another dimension, gun rights advocates tried to build lines of communication, even if they couldn't get to agreement...But it's so much more fun to call her a c around some issue of no importance.

She thinks 16 year old children should vote and you want to have a rational discussion, using facts, statistics and logical rhetoric about her ability to restrict your God given right to defend yourself?

LoL she's not just a c*nt, she's a dumb one at that. So at least Jerry got that part right .

Sorry, I guess I should get on board and have the decency to at least ask for the reach around when getting f'd in the a.o_O It sounds like good old Sen. Fagan might give you one.

Note: Just sailor talk.

Last Edited:
Point is, the op is correct. Semia has the chops to use a tweet like Jerry's to put Jerry on his butt. Which she did.

Point is, the op is correct. Semia has the chops to use a tweet like Jerry's to put Jerry on his butt. Which she did.

You mean her sycophants agreed with her?

Or maybe a lot of people who think she's a soup sandwich don't follow her on Twitter?

I wouldn't have sent the letter Jerry did, but I agree with the sentiment.

How is she likely to vote on these anti-rights bills?

How is she likely to vote on these anti-rights bills?

She wants 16 year olds to vote so they can more easily pass gun control in the state.

What do you think?

"It's time to lower the voting age in Oregon and give young people a chance to participate at the ballot about decisions that affect their homes, their clean air and clean water future, their schools, and as we've seen, their very lives," Fagan stated during a press conference.

The bill's sponsors say they want the amendment to eventually expand to national elections as well. Fagan used the example of the political activism of Parkland, Florida, students who pushed legislators to tighten gun control laws. All of their protesting followed on the heels of a gunman who killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last February. All in all, it appears that the real reason for the legislation is to bolster progressive ranks, especially the anti-gun ranks.

She wants 16 year olds to vote so they can more easily pass gun control in the state.

What do you think?

"It's time to lower the voting age in Oregon and give young people a chance to participate at the ballot about decisions that affect their homes, their clean air and clean water future, their schools, and as we've seen, their very lives," Fagan stated during a press conference.

The bill's sponsors say they want the amendment to eventually expand to national elections as well. Fagan used the example of the political activism of Parkland, Florida, students who pushed legislators to tighten gun control laws. All of their protesting followed on the heels of a gunman who killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last February. All in all, it appears that the real reason for the legislation is to bolster progressive ranks, especially the anti-gun ranks.
I figured as much.

You mean her sycophants agreed with her?

Or maybe a lot of people who think she's a soup sandwich don't follow her on Twitter?

I wouldn't have sent the letter Jerry did, but I agree with the sentiment.

I mean the general public who don't have a set position. Also, a tweet like that reinforces her supporters to believe that all opposing views come from the Jerry place. In a liberal state like OR that's bad news for defeating gun bans, etc.

I mean the general public who don't have a set position. Also, a tweet like that reinforces her supporters to believe that all opposing views come from the Jerry place. In a liberal state like OR that's bad news for defeating gun bans, etc.

I would argue the general public doesn't follow her on twitter, in fact, less than 25% of all adults even use Twitter in the US. She has 3,100 followers.

Should Conservative politicians publish all the death threats and other communications they get from the loons on the left? After publishing the comments then extrapolate to everyone who is to the left of themselves?

You said it yourself, reinforces. They already think this way about you, they aren't going to change their mind unless they have direct exposure to you and realize you're not Hitler. Until then, they want to take away your rights, you know, to protect you from...you.

Anyway, if you want to actually get to the merit of old Jerry's email. He's actually right to a degree, woman's suffrage and the ability to vote was the death knell for the 2nd Amendment in this country. Sure there are pro 2nd women, but the vast majority are not.

Take that for what you will, but demographics are destiny.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR