JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Click on the sample letter she received from "Jerry". Pretty sure it didn't help his cause and may swing some independent women Sen. Fagan's way.

Jerry's letter contains vulgar language.
Twitter

Edit: this has set a precedence that sharing personal letters between legislators and constituents is ok if you remove last name. We can thank Sen. Fagan for that. Also this may become a new trend so be mindful what you write may be used to gain sympathy and elevate themselves.

Last Edited:
If "Jerry" is real, he should try to be a little more eloquent.

But how do we know "Jerry" is real and not a troll account created to whip up outrage?

As I have often said , be careful with what you say and do when it involves firearms and or gun owners.
What you say and do can be misread either by accident or on purpose and be used against you.
Also just how you present yourself or your point , may carry more of a message , than your message itself.

I would like to point out that being mindful of what one says or does is not :

Being weak...

Needing to "wake up"...

Feeling any less of disheartened or disgusted with various gun bans , laws or restrictions , than someone who is loud , bold , over the top and in your face , with just how they are disheartened or disgusted with the laws , bans and restrictions regarding firearms....

The same as being open to singing "Kumbaya" with those who wish to ban or restrict guns and gun ownership...

Unpatriotic or somehow "less" of a gun owner....

I state the above because I have been repeatedly accused of the above , by members of this very forum.

Once again I would urge any who think that way about me to ....go back and fully re-read my posts and think about what I am actually saying , not what you perceive or assume it to be or mean.
Andy

It's good to keep it all in perspective. If every politician posted every letter they received that had foul language, crudeness, or someone not expressed mannerly on a subject, both parties I am sure would have heaps of hate mail to share. The difference however is this anti-gunner politician has seemingly stooped low enough to try and use a cherry picked piece of hate mail as a generalized representation of their opposition.

Boo hoo, someone said something mean. That sounds much more favorable to an angry promoter of the opposite party showing up at a conservative / republican baseball game where politicians are playing on a field and shooting them.

Oh wait, that happened already.

On the subject of allowing 16 year olds to vote. Well if that's not the biggest crap sandwich of an idea since communism. Sure, let's take a populace that is still 100% dependent on their parents, entirely devoid of life experience beneficial on voting matters, who are more focused with taking pictures of themselves than learning and lets have them become a major voting block of the population overnight. What could go wrong?

The only way this could go "well" is rather dystopian in nature, and I use the term "well" loosely, is if 16 year olds were allowed to vote, then as a major voting block ruined so many things so quickly making everyone older than them shout WTF, that it was very quickly undone.

For those in favor of allowing 16 year olds the right to vote...

Would you want someone who has vastly less experience in life , making decisions that affect your life...?

Are you the same person that you were at 16 ...do you think and feel the same about anything , now as you did then...?

If 16 year olds get the right to vote...Are they then able to also serve in the Military and see and possibly experience the direct result of their vote...?

Just some things to think about.
Andy

That was a totally ridiculous comment written to the Senator. While I am 100% against allowing minor children the ability to vote in elections, that comment doesn't even address the relevant issues or reality of the matter, let alone display a cogent thought process.

Because of the rather blatant nature of the comment, I also wouldn't be surprised if the "comment" was sent by the "other side" in order to paint all those who oppose it as "violent", "misogynistic", "fearful", and "dumb".... in other words, it's a "fake".

What amuses me even more is the projection displayed by the "other side".... :rolleyes:

CCC4B4DA-60AE-41A1-86A6-9554CE9F26C2.jpeg

The more I think about it with all the fake Jussie Smollett "hate crimes" being caught out, and "Antifa" leaders caught using racist language against actual minorities, the more I lean toward that comment being a fake.... just like the Senator.

o_O

You could send her letters filled with Unicorns and Rainbows and she still wouldnt support the positions of 99% of the people on this forum. Then again if you think legislative respect for codified inalienable rights can be acheived with flowery polite langauge, then please allow me dear sirs to pontificate about a potential exchange for a raised trestle above a local estuary I have available for vendition.

I find it strange that a State that wants to raise the smoking age to 21 " because they are not old enough to make an informed decision", want's to let the same people vote in matters that affect us all. o_O

Any letter/email/text is answered with a scripted response written/composed by some underling volunteer, doesn't answer any of your specific questions, and is never read by the politician.
If what you have sent is poorly written or is condescending in any way, it will be published/posted for all to see.
If you send a second message, they have a 2nd scripted response, and so on for the 3rd, 4th, etc.
Contacting them is a waste of time and effort.
jmo,
:)

Last Edited:
If "Jerry" was real they'd have contacted him and/or have had their Media Butt-buddies show up at his home/work to interview him.
Until they do ... It's my opinion that "Jerry" is probably just some "Jessie Smollette Wannabe's" pen name, and likely-as-not is employed by (or a friend of someone employed by), the Senator's own office.

More on the same theme;
Commentary: Another media hoax — Anti-Trump letter's 58 'bipartisan' signers are mostly Obama officials

Kinda makes you wonder just how real any of the "complaint letters" are, that scare the poop out of so many Corporations that they fall all over themselves to apologize/dump product/pull ads/fire CEO's, etc...are actually genuine. :mad:

Last Edited:
Understand that EVERY politician's focus the day after being elected is raising money for their next campaign for re-election.
For the Dems that's Blomberg and his machine, 1st in line to donate lots of money for the introduction of Red Flag type and other gun control laws, disguised/filed under catchy names like Mary's Law or some such.
Is happening in Idaho now, luckily the Dem's don't control the legislature (yet) but are gaining every election.
sad :(

Anytime I want the truth and unbiased and sensible opinions of news items the first place I go to is Twitter.
OK.........Now I'll be laughing so hard for about 3 hours I won't be able to post or reply to anyone.
Please be patient.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top