JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also drive the wedge pin in till it binds the cylinder which gets rid of the gap ... then tap it back out a tiny bit, so the cylinder can spin ... that is a quick and easy fix as well.
Andy

Last Edited:
I've had one chain fire. Pretty sure it was a cap that fell off one of the cylinders that was the cause. That was back before I figured out pinching a loose fitting cap to get it to stay on was not a good idea (for a lot of reasons). But I was young and cheap. Lots of fire and flame bouncing around the back end of these things, eventually it will find its way into an uncovered touch hole.

Have a reproduction of Colt's loading procedures. Interestingly enough it does NOT mention greasing the front of the cylinders. Not sure what time frame that procedure became the norm, but like a lot of things it may be a modernism we have transported back to the past.

I've been shooting my ROA since March 3rd, 1986, and never had a chainfire, but the movies, in this case, don't lie. Seems that most happen when loose caps are put on worn nipples, enabling the flame to 'flash over' into the adjacent cylinder.

The arguments, I opine, on just how it REALLY happens, will last for as long as we shoot.

tac

I don't know about you guys but after I post this thread, I am going to go shoot my Full auto, Locked 7, 357 magnum assault revolver pistol, its 45 grain and has a hollow point Teflon shells . The guys that sold me the rifle and ammo at Walmart said this 88 round clip would work well for hunting squirrels. I am told its pretty precise at hitting steel targets at 1000 yards, and its pretty accurate too as its easy to hold and shoot with two hands. I also bought a silencer so it makes no noise as I like to listen to my walkman why I shoot and need a quiet assault gun. Well guess I will go down to the range now and show off my new toy to the people that work there, I hear those free range masters love to hear about new toys people bring there. I will make sure I load it up before I get there so they can see I know how to handle my firearm. Thanks for letting me post in your firearms users club.

;);););););)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads