JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may be thinking of HR7115 the 3D printed gun bill which will be introduced in the US House in 2019. That will fail in the Senate. In Oregon Democrats control both houses so they can pass whatever uninformed crazy BS they want.

My biggest fear is a ban on:
Handguns in public buildings — Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, proposes narrowing exemptions in the law that allows people to take concealed handguns into public buildings. "A number of public entities would like to have the option to keep anyone with a gun off the grounds," Burdick said. Those include schools, universities and the Port of Portland, she said.
#RESIST

under the GCA once it becomes a firearm it must be serialized. there is nothing in the GCA that says you dont have to serialize it for personal use

There is nothing in the GCA that requires the serialization of a homemade firearm unless you are manufacturing it for sale or distribution, in which case you need a manufacturing license to start with.

Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use?
No, a license is not required to make a firearm solely for personal use. However, a license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution. The law prohibits a person from assembling a non–sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as well as firearms that cannot be detected by metal detectors or x–ray machines. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o), (p) and (r); 26 U.S.C. 5822; 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

Just to add to this conversation, while creating your own firearm is legal to do so. One thing that I have not seen this conversation is liability. If you or someone else is hurt by the firearm you created, you could be looking at severe penalties or even imprisonment, for neglect. This seems to be something it goes along with anything that people make at home. Where regulations, and standards are not required. However liability could still be in place even if you make it home. It should be noted if somebody else is hurt by a firearm you create, this could mean huge legal and financial trouble. So if you make your own firearm, it is well advised to only use it yourself and not allow others to borrow or fire it. Just my two cents

Just to add to this conversation, while creating your own firearm is legal to do so. One thing that I have not seen this conversation is liability. If you or someone else is hurt by the firearm you created, you could be looking at severe penalties or even imprisonment, for neglect. This seems to be something it goes along with anything that people make at home. Where regulations, and standards are not required. However liability could still be in place even if you make it home. It should be noted if somebody else is hurt by a firearm you create, this could mean huge legal and financial trouble. So if you make your own firearm, it is well advised to only use it yourself and not allow others to borrow or fire it. Just my two cents

I don't intend to sell any of firearms ever. I may gift some to family (or not), but I won't sell them. Most of my family can afford to buy their own and know better what they want - if anything.

Interesting point though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads