JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What about this upper?
PSA 16" Mid-length Freedom Stainless Steel 1/7 Dissipator - Without BCG or CH - 43633
It has a mid-length low profile gas block under the hand guard so I could swap it out for a free-float, would the front site cause any issues?

Edit: other then having to remove it to put the rail on, and not using it as sling mount.
That looks like a good deal.
It will give you that short barrel look that I think you want, yet keep "dwell" closer to design being mid gassed.
That dissipator FSB is a dummy as you know and getting it off depends on how PSA installed it.
If it's pinned, that can be a beotch to get off but doable. You could also sling to it.
If it's set-screwed, then easy off, but no slings* as you know.

*If it's cut for set screw "flats" (doubt it) then slings would be OK.
NM shooters do it.

What about this upper?
PSA 16" Mid-length Freedom Stainless Steel 1/7 Dissipator - Without BCG or CH - 43633
It has a mid-length low profile gas block under the hand guard so I could swap it out for a free-float, would the front site cause any issues?

Edit: other then having to remove it to put the rail on, and not using it as sling mount.
PSA used to make a Dissipator upper with a quad rail handguard - I know because I have one. You may want to see if they still make it. Mine runs great and I really like the long sight radius. I think @IronMonster has one too.

That looks like a good deal.
It will give you that short barrel look that I think you want, yet keep "dwell" closer to design being mid gassed.
That dissipator FSB is a dummy as you know and getting it off depends on how PSA installed it.
If it's pinned, that can be a beotch to get off but doable. You could also sling to it.
If it's set-screwed, then easy off, but no slings* as you know.

*If it's cut for set screw "flats" (doubt it) then slings would be OK.
NM shooters do it.
I don't really want the short barrel look, at least that's not the primary reason for the longer handguards for me. I do think it looks better to have the handguard go all the way to the muzzle device, but the primary reason for the long handguard is to get as long a sight radius as I can for irons. I've shot a few ARs and I've been able to hit better with the longer rails, and longer gas systems.
PSA used to make a Dissipator upper with a quad rail handguard - I know because I have one. You may want to see if they still make it. Mine runs great and I really like the long sight radius. I think @IronMonster has one too.
Looks like they only have the MOE and Classic handguards now. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to remove and reinstall the FSB.

How's this look, is the rail the right length? I also switched the CH for a medium since I'm probably not gong to run a scope on this.

Upper- PSA 16" Mid-length Freedom Stainless Steel 1/7 Dissipator - Without BCG or CH - 43633

BCG- AR15 BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) - Monmouth USA

Charging Handle- <broken link removed>

Handguard- Seekins Precision MCSR V2 Key Mod Rail System

Rear Sight- https://www.rainierarms.com/troy-fixed-rear-battlesight/?nosto=nosto-page-product1

I don't really want the short barrel look, at least that's not the primary reason for the longer handguards for me. I do think it looks better to have the handguard go all the way to the muzzle device, but the primary reason for the long handguard is to get as long a sight radius as I can for irons. I've shot a few ARs and I've been able to hit better with the longer rails, and longer gas systems.
Looks like they only have the MOE and Classic handguards now. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to remove and reinstall the FSB.

How's this look, is the rail the right length? I also switched the CH for a medium since I'm probably not gong to run a scope on this.

Upper- PSA 16" Mid-length Freedom Stainless Steel 1/7 Dissipator - Without BCG or CH - 43633

BCG- AR15 BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) - Monmouth USA

Charging Handle- <broken link removed>

Handguard- Seekins Precision MCSR V2 Key Mod Rail System

Rear Sight- Troy Fixed Rear BattleSight
Looks good.

1) I think your FSB is set up at rifle length....might want to call Rainier and verify handguard fitment.

2) Make sure you want Keymod and not M-Lok.....Ford - Chevy thing

2) Troy makes a nice rear sight.....I like the round peep.....do not like diamond as much.

I mean if you really want to get the longest sight radius... 20" barrel with a front sight attached close to the muzzle. :D

A 15" handguard would probably give a slightly longer sight radius than a dissipator.

If all you are going to do is punch paper, go with 5.56/.223. If you want to hunt (some states require .243 min caliber). I have a 5.56 SPAR that I built to punch paper at distance. If I found a place to firearms hunt I would swap the barrel for my 16" AR Stoner .300 BO. BO ammo in super and subs is available commercially.
An AR pistol? Not for me, I just have no need or want for one- currently.
If at some time, I needed a PDW. That's a dog of another stripe.
But an AR probably wouldn't make the grade due to design.

I'm going to say this about this thread ITS BEEN OVER THREE WEEKS YOU COULD HAVE BUILT 20 GUNS IN THAT TIME JUST WORKING A HOUR A DAY COME ON MAN THREAD DONE I'M TIRED OF IT SHOWING UP EVERY DAY

I'm going to say this about this thread ITS BEEN OVER THREE WEEKS YOU COULD HAVE BUILT 20 GUNS IN THAT TIME JUST WORKING A HOUR A DAY COME ON MAN THREAD DONE I'M TIRED OF IT SHOWING UP EVERY DAY
You could just unsubscribe from the thread.... Really it is possible.....and I just wanted to bump the thread to be mean.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top