JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good Afternoon,

Here is a question for you...
Do you want your name and picture and address in a database accessible by anyone?

I don't. Infact, I really doubt that anyone really does.
BUT.....

114 will cause this to happen to anyone who buys a gun. Here is
the short verison....
All permit holders will be entered into a searchable database that includes all personal information, including photograph.

All firearm purchases are also entered into the database.

There are no parameters on who has access to this information and it is kept for an indefinite period of time.

If 114 passes this will happen. You can argue that the courts will throw it out, but that will take
4 to 8 years. By then your name, picture and the guns you own will be public knowledge for
several years.

We can STILL STOP THIS! Get out of your comfort zone and VOTE NO ON 114.
VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN. CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND BE SURE THEY
HAVE VOTED.

Thank you,

TJ

They won't have a data base until this is up and running. They should not know what you have unless you buy under the new system 114 brings. If they do build a data base based off of what OSP has that will be a law suit from hell.

If you don't think they already have a data base of gun owners you're naive. They are just saying it out in the open now. That's the only difference.

Good Afternoon,

Here is a question for you...
Do you want your name and picture and address in a database accessible by anyone?

I don't. Infact, I really doubt that anyone really does.
BUT.....

114 will cause this to happen to anyone who buys a gun. Here is
the short verison....
All permit holders will be entered into a searchable database that includes all personal information, including photograph.

All firearm purchases are also entered into the database.

There are no parameters on who has access to this information and it is kept for an indefinite period of time.

If 114 passes this will happen. You can argue that the courts will throw it out, but that will take
4 to 8 years. By then your name, picture and the guns you own will be public knowledge for
several years.

We can STILL STOP THIS! Get out of your comfort zone and VOTE NO ON 114.
VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN. CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND BE SURE THEY
HAVE VOTED.

Thank you,

TJ
This is the plan, scare everyone into "not" buying guns..... Can you imagine applying for a job then being denied because the employer has access to that info and is a major anti-gunner, not to mention the risk it would put you and your family!

Oh the fear, oh the drama of it all. First off I already voted no on 114 the day I got my ballot. Next they already know who I am and that I own guns and in fact might even have one on my person right now. If a cop runs my plates I come up as the registered owner and among other things that I have a Concealed Carry Permit. It, and my drivers license have my photo on them and I'll bet they can pull them up on their computer to see if I look like me. As far as being employed by an anti gunner, well I wouldn't last past the first lunch room conversation about what do you do over the weekend. You see I don't live in fear or hide the fact that I own guns and in fact call myself a competitive shooter. Some people shoot golfs, I shoot Bowling Pins. It is just that simple.

Last Edited:
Oh the fear, oh the drama of it all. First off I already voted no on 114 the day I got my ballot. Next they already know who I am and that I own guns and in fact might even have one on my person right now. If a cop runs my plates I come up as the registered owner and among other things that I have Concealed Carry Permit. It, and my drivers license have my photo on them and I'll bet they can pull them up on their computer to see if I look like me. I far as being employed by an anti gunner, well I wouldn't last past the first lunch room conversation about what do you do over the weekend. You see I don't live in fear or hide the fact that own guns and in fact call myself a competitive shooter. Some people shoot golfs, I shoot Bowling Pins. It is just that simple.
I just meant it was "their" plan...... :s0149:

You call it stirring the pot, I call it fear mongering.
It's called stating the new reality if it passes. Just because one person is perfectly comfortable having anyone and everyone know they are a gun nut, what they own and their personal information in a public databse.... many are not... and do not want to be categorized and potentially targetted for good OR bad. Many believe their own business should remain their own.

History has shown that, typically, nothing good ever came from a registry.

Imagine if free speech required a permit and involuntary registry based on your beliefs and political views. Some people might get pretty bungled up over that, too.

The point being... just because everyone doesn't subscribe to your willingness to have one of your constitutional rights regulated and registered doesn't make it any less valid for others to be concerned about it... and certainly doesn't deserve belittling.

Just sayin....

It kind of already exists. Facebook. Lots of people (many here I'm willing to bet) have pics of shooting days at the range or hunting. Employers definitely check FB during and after the hiring process. And of course they have your address from your resume/license/w4/etc.

The point being... just because everyone doesn't subscribe to your willingness to have one of your constitutional rights regulated and registered doesn't make it any less valid for others to be concerned about it... and certainly doesn't deserve belittling.

Just sayin....
No, my point is that I will not negotiate, compromise, yield, or play their game. I refuse to live in fear of what "they" might do. I fight back by being strong and forthright. I am exactly what "they" can't defeat.

I'm sure a motivated individual could look at the records for my property to find out who owns it, find a picture of me and do a cross google serach-a-majig to find out more information than I'd like them to already and that's just starting with an address. The employer finding out I own guns isn't a worry for me for much the same reasons Oremike stated for himself. Heck, my employer saw me buying powder and bullets at bimart once upon a time. While the whole measure stinks, and stinks bad, this particular part is the least concerning.

I'm sure a motivated individual could look at the records for my property to find out who owns it, find a picture of me and do a cross google serach-a-majig to find out more information than I'd like them to already and that's just starting with an address. The employer finding out I own guns isn't a worry for me for much the same reasons Oremike stated for himself. Heck, my employer saw me buying powder and bullets at bimart once upon a time. While the whole measure stinks, and stinks bad, this particular part is the least concerning.
TTSX this isn't aimed at you I just used your post to jumpstart my reply;)

ONX hunting app will give you a sky view of everywhere and who owns the property.

I don't want to work at a place that will not hire me because I own a firearm. Heck, I don't think I have ever worked anywhere that was anti 2A.

There are companies in some professions that require access to your Facebook page as part of the applicant screening process and that's been a thing for awhile so it's not new.

I'm not a criminal but if I know for sure there is a person with a CC permit and that they obviously have a gun then at least personally I would think I'd rather go break into someone else's house who is a softer target.

Do not read into any of the above as I am for any of the above (although ONX is very nice for getting into someone's property while hunting if you just look them up and call them) and there are already services on the internet that will give you dang near every detail about a person (found that out while looking for a high school friend recently that I have lost touch with).

I wish that wasn't where we are and headed but it is what it is and you either adapt or go nuts over something you can't control. I vote and that's pretty much the only 2¢ they want from me.

Man I miss the days of quick FTF cash transfers for firearms in a parking lot somewhere but I don't see getting back to that so there it is.

I believe we need to look beyond ourselves when we speak of privacy. Individuals here may not care who knows about their firearms or their address, but what about others? What about the judges and other officers of the court? What about every single officer of the peace or person that needs to carry or own a firearm as part of their occupation? What about the single young mother that has been harassed and wishes to arm herself against danger? Do they need to have their information published? Every person that owns a gun is not self sufficient and worried only about their jobs or what their neighbors may think. Some have legitimate reasons for at least some level of privacy and the security that everyone does not have their personal information, including gun ownership, instantly available.

I'm not saying there is a guarantee of absolute privacy, just saying that not everyone is ready to have their gun ownership status published in a readily available database.

I believe we need to look beyond ourselves when we speak of privacy. Individuals here may not care who knows about their firearms or their address, but what about others? What about the judges and other officers of the court? What about every single officer of the peace or person that needs to carry or own a firearm as part of their occupation? What about the single young mother that has been harassed and wishes to arm herself against danger? Do they need to have their information published? Every person that owns a gun is not self sufficient and worried only about their jobs or what their neighbors may think. Some have legitimate reasons for at least some level of privacy and the security that everyone does not have their personal information, including gun ownership, instantly available.

I'm not saying there is a guarantee of absolute privacy, just saying that not everyone is ready to have their gun ownership status published in a readily available database.
Playing devil's lettuce here, that single mother/other young women may benefit from their gun ownership being public knowledge. A knowingly armed target may well look less attractive to assault. Kind of like how poisonous animals are sometimes brightly colored.

Employment, college admissions, should be based on merit alone. Not on your color, religion or political affiliation... or God forbid in the interviewer's "opinion" that you engaged in "wrong speak", this is pivotal in our gun rights as we move down this perilous path that this/our country is on...

1667754188547.png 1667754206888.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews