JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent brush gun. Slow, big and doesnt deflect from small branches and such like the faster rounds do. 30/30 is what I hunted with for years. Great gun, still have it. Your good to go with it to 250 yards or so.

Since I'm a Blacktail hunter, I spend a lot of time in the brush. When I'm in a situation where the weather does get in the way of a scope, which can be often, out comes the .30-30, with iron sights, and I'm absolutely not under-gunned. The .30-30 continues to be a GREAT deer cartridge.:s0155:

And a Marlin 336? As opposed to a Winchester 94? That's a Ford and Chevy comparison. I own both, and they both operate flawlessly. The Marlin is easier to disassemble for cleaning, and I do believe, slightly more accurate than a Winchester. But that opinion would not cause me to choose one, over the other.

WAYNO.

Damm good rifle. I shoot 3/4 inch overlapping groupds at a 100 yards.
I have to scope my rilfes but even with iron sights and my eye sight I shot tigh groups at a 100 yard. Get a Matlin 335c 30-30 today

Yep - a Marlin 336 in .30-30 is a fine firearm. I shoot 170 gr Corlokts.

Have you considered a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington? Nuthin like a good .35 Rem.

I know...folks will tell you that the ammo selection is limited. So what? Can't do much better than the 200 gr Corlokt in the good ol' .35!

I can tell ya fer sure that black bears don't like 'em!

I know! Get both!

Oooh...how about a Savage 99 in .300 Savage. Yeah...now yer talking! Better get all 3!

Seriously though....there's absolutely nothing wrong with the good old .30-30. Or the .35. Or the .300 Savage......

30/30s are great guns. When I'm hunting in thick brush I take my Win. 94. I use standard Federal 170 gr. soft points. I've even carried it for elk a few times, loaded with 170 gr. Nosler partitions. I've never shot an elk with it, but in the places I go shots are going to be quick and short.

wow!! if you don't use a lever 30-30 to go deer hunting , you will probably won't end up in the hunters HALL OF FAME!! lol ! with almost any cartrige in 150 gr its almost a sure shot at 100-125 yds (1 shot 1 kill) you can always count on the small burgs, to have this ammo available,and its still cheap enough to go do a little fun shooten with, i love mine, and if it comes down to the electric bill or my 30-30,i say drag out the candles, get one and enjoy,steven

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top