JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent brush gun. Slow, big and doesnt deflect from small branches and such like the faster rounds do. 30/30 is what I hunted with for years. Great gun, still have it. Your good to go with it to 250 yards or so.

Since I'm a Blacktail hunter, I spend a lot of time in the brush. When I'm in a situation where the weather does get in the way of a scope, which can be often, out comes the .30-30, with iron sights, and I'm absolutely not under-gunned. The .30-30 continues to be a GREAT deer cartridge.:s0155:

And a Marlin 336? As opposed to a Winchester 94? That's a Ford and Chevy comparison. I own both, and they both operate flawlessly. The Marlin is easier to disassemble for cleaning, and I do believe, slightly more accurate than a Winchester. But that opinion would not cause me to choose one, over the other.

WAYNO.

Damm good rifle. I shoot 3/4 inch overlapping groupds at a 100 yards.
I have to scope my rilfes but even with iron sights and my eye sight I shot tigh groups at a 100 yard. Get a Matlin 335c 30-30 today

Yep - a Marlin 336 in .30-30 is a fine firearm. I shoot 170 gr Corlokts.

Have you considered a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington? Nuthin like a good .35 Rem.

I know...folks will tell you that the ammo selection is limited. So what? Can't do much better than the 200 gr Corlokt in the good ol' .35!

I can tell ya fer sure that black bears don't like 'em!

I know! Get both!

Oooh...how about a Savage 99 in .300 Savage. Yeah...now yer talking! Better get all 3!

Seriously though....there's absolutely nothing wrong with the good old .30-30. Or the .35. Or the .300 Savage......

30/30s are great guns. When I'm hunting in thick brush I take my Win. 94. I use standard Federal 170 gr. soft points. I've even carried it for elk a few times, loaded with 170 gr. Nosler partitions. I've never shot an elk with it, but in the places I go shots are going to be quick and short.

wow!! if you don't use a lever 30-30 to go deer hunting , you will probably won't end up in the hunters HALL OF FAME!! lol ! with almost any cartrige in 150 gr its almost a sure shot at 100-125 yds (1 shot 1 kill) you can always count on the small burgs, to have this ammo available,and its still cheap enough to go do a little fun shooten with, i love mine, and if it comes down to the electric bill or my 30-30,i say drag out the candles, get one and enjoy,steven

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top