JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In times like these i think people are paying "black market" prices.
ie. buying guns not tied to them.

Just the "assault weapons" ban pushing people to buy millions of Aars.
Now that they are pushing universal background checks and gun registration people want to buy up guns without that aren't registered.
Anytime you do a fed form and background check you give them your info and the weapon info. So that's basically a registered firearm. People are willing to pay a little more to not have johnny law with a list of firewrms he has.
well said sir.

I paid $500 for it with one magazine and bought two more at $25 each.

So, I'll ask, do you guys think this is just too high for what is basically a new gun? Or am I out of my mind?

Just wondering, where did you get a glock that only came with one mag? Gen3's come with 2 and gen4's come with 3 don't they?

Where are these "new" $500 Glocks selling? I have not seen a new G21 under $550 since the Newtown shooting and just seen one at fishermans for $575.

I'll jump in here since I happen to have Gen 3 Glock 19 currently listed. Having sold a number of guns over the years, I try to do my research before I ever post a listing. I look at not only what the gun sells for new, but what others are selling them for in a similar condition. I try not to overprice my guns, I just want a fair price out of them. My listing is for a pistol that's never been fired, and was disassembled once for the initial cleaning. Since then, it sat, unused. I paid $500 for it with one magazine and bought two more at $25 each, plus a plug for $10. So I've got $560 into an unfired gun and I'm listing it at $525. Again, doing my research, it seems reasonable to me.

So, I'll ask, do you guys think this is just too high for what is basically a new gun? Or am I out of my mind?

Let me put my 2 cents in on that. $525 plus $25 shipping, plus the $50 transfer fee and background check at my LGS brings that gun up to $600. I can buy brand new Gen 4 for $565 at my LGS plus a $10 background check. Why would I buy yours?

As for the form 4473, I don't mind the paper trail, and it's far too late for me to worry about that. I've long since lost track of how many 4473's I've filled out. They do give me a piece of mind that the gun has not been stolen.

Let me put my 2 cents in on that. $525 plus $25 shipping, plus the $50 transfer fee and background check at my LGS brings that gun up to $600. I can buy brand new Gen 4 for $565 at my LGS plus a $10 background check. Why would I buy yours?

As for the form 4473, I don't mind the paper trail, and it's far too late for me to worry about that. I've long since lost track of how many 4473's I've filled out. They do give me a piece of mind that the gun has not been stolen.

I'm not a dealer, so I'm not sure where you're getting the $25 for shipping and $50 transfer fee. I'm selling private party only, so $525 is the current price. Not sure if you thought I was a dealer or not.

I'm not a dealer, so I'm not sure where you're getting the $25 for shipping and $50 transfer fee. I'm selling private party only, so $525 is the current price. Not sure if you thought I was a dealer or not.

I assumed you were a private party. How do you get the gun to me then? Drive 400 miles to deliver it?

Just wondering, where did you get a glock that only came with one mag? Gen3's come with 2 and gen4's come with 3 don't they?

That is a good question. Since you asked I went back and checked the paperwork, sure enough, it came with 2 magazines. When I was gathering the parts to get ready for sale, I found 2 empty Glock magazine packages. That tells me that I actually have a 4th magazine floating around here. I'd really like to know where that went. Good catch on that, I need to find that missing magazine.

As for where I bought it, I got it online at GaG. Just a note, I did not factor shipping or my transfer/background fee into my calculations when I set my price, so in reality, I'm in for close to $600, but I don't expect to make that back in a private sale.

I assumed you were a private party. How do you get the gun to me then? Drive 400 miles to deliver it?

In my listing I state that the sale will be FTF in my general area. I don't know where you are, so I was going off the assumption it would be FTF, so I didn't account for shipping and FFL fees for that reason. That said, I wouldn't expect someone 400 miles away to show much interest in my listing. All my sales previously have been local.

maybe for the buyer who is afraid of going through background check. :eek:

for me, bill of sale is must (with driver license number). only expect will be going through FFL.

In my listing I state that the sale will be FTF in my general area. I don't know where you are, so I was going off the assumption it would be FTF, so I didn't account for shipping and FFL fees for that reason. That said, I wouldn't expect someone 400 miles away to show much interest in my listing. All my sales previously have been local.

I didn't look at your ad till just now. My post was based on what it would cost should I buy it, which I think most look at an ad with a price like that, and after figuring in shipping and transfer fee, it's way too much money.

FTF is totally different, and I would have seen that and probably not posted if I read your add before posting. $525 isn't that bad, tho if I was interested and in your area, I'd probably negotiate for a lower price.

Also, I see you say it's been disassembled. Did you really disassemble it or just do a field strip? I bought a used G17 once that had obviously been disassembled, and reassembled incorrectly. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. I paid $430 for it, and it's my favorite gun. I have thousands thru it. Once I corrected the incorrectly assembled part, it has run flawlessly. Heck, it's Glock. I own 3 of them, and have never had a problem, other than the incorrectly installed part.

I didn't look at your ad till just now. My post was based on what it would cost should I buy it, which I think most look at an ad with a price like that, and after figuring in shipping and transfer fee, it's way too much money.

FTF is totally different, and I would have seen that and probably not posted if I read your add before posting. $525 isn't that bad, tho if I was interested and in your area, I'd probably negotiate for a lower price.

Also, I see you say it's been disassembled. Did you really disassemble it or just do a field strip? I bought a used G17 once that had obviously been disassembled, and reassembled incorrectly. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. I paid $430 for it, and it's my favorite gun. I have thousands thru it. Once I corrected the incorrectly assembled part, it has run flawlessly. Heck, it's Glock. I own 3 of them, and have never had a problem, other than the incorrectly installed part.

Good to hear I'm not too far off the mark :)

Yeah, it was a field strip - removed the slide, barrel, guide rod and spring and gave it it's initial from the factory cleaning and lube, then put it back together. That's it. I definitely didn't pull anything apart in the lower, no need to do that with a new gun.

Regarding negotiating, I usually list my guns as firm, though I have been known to work with someone if they aren't low-balling me. I sold one last year and the guy didn't have all the cash, but had some ammo I really wanted at the time. I will usually entertain a serious offer, even if it doesn't hit my 'firm' price. I've just found that "OBO" gets me low-ball offers that aren't worth serious consideration.

I've had a brand new unfired M&P 9c sitting at $450, then $425, for like the last month.... So I'd guess the answer is "no," but I certainly don't know what the whole market looks like. Sometimes I just figure these guys aren't hurting and would rather let it sit for a few months and make an extra $25 than get it sold. It's also possible they expect to get low-balled, so they're just starting high.

I'm sure some guys would pay extra for an "unregistered" gun. Wish they all wore the same color hat or something..

NW Armory....Gen 3's...ALL DAY LONG.

Wait...hold on....I meant $499

NW Armory are idiots. The last 2 times I have called them for something they said "Yep we have it!" and I drive there from Beaverton to find someone didn't take the time to check to make sure. I even asked Nick twice to make sure he had the right part. Both times I went to see Curt and he fixed NW Armory's wrong. Those guys could care less about their customers. But how about a gen 4 Glock? How much do they cost new? Because if were talking "$499" for a "new" Glock then I don't care how much a 2 year old model is I want to know how much a "new" Gen 4 is.

NW Armory are idiots. The last 2 times I have called them for something they said "Yep we have it!" and I drive there from Beaverton to find someone didn't take the time to check to make sure. I even asked Nick twice to make sure he had the right part. Both times I went to see Curt and he fixed NW Armory's wrong. Those guys could care less about their customers. But how about a gen 4 Glock? How much do they cost new? Because if were talking "$499" for a "new" Glock then I don't care how much a 2 year old model is I want to know how much a "new" Gen 4 is.
I'll take a Gen 3 over a 4 any day...think about why Glock still makes them.....??...EXACTLY...

NW Armory has always done me right... :)

That's too bad to hear your bad experiences at nw armory. They have always done me right. Not the best prices in town, but not the worst either. Their sale prices are usually good. They almost always have an excellent selection of ammo.

NW Armory are idiots. The last 2 times I have called them for something they said "Yep we have it!" and I drive there from Beaverton to find someone didn't take the time to check to make sure..
this same thing happened the last time i called there...drove all way there just to figure that they didnt have what i wanted....

I'll jump in here since I happen to have Gen 3 Glock 19 currently listed. Having sold a number of guns over the years, I try to do my research before I ever post a listing. I look at not only what the gun sells for new, but what others are selling them for in a similar condition. I try not to overprice my guns, I just want a fair price out of them. My listing is for a pistol that's never been fired, and was disassembled once for the initial cleaning. Since then, it sat, unused. I paid $500 for it with one magazine and bought two more at $25 each, plus a plug for $10. So I've got $560 into an unfired gun and I'm listing it at $525. Again, doing my research, it seems reasonable to me.

This confuses me. If it was never fired and a Glock it would have come with 2 mags or 3 if a gen 4. Dealers are required to sell gen 3 17, 19, 22, 23 at no less than 500 which is why that is the price across the board. If the dealer charges too much or too little Glock has no problem taking their license agreement and saying "no Glock for you". Would suck to be a shop that has no glocks with all the Glock only gun enthusiasts.
On the board you have to consider as others have said some people take advantage of people wanting a gun not tied to them if gun bans are passed. I have sold Glocks for 500 if they have extras like night sights, one with a crimson trace grip, but used I would not pay more than 450 and that would need to be a pristine gun unless it had those extras.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top