JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see them all the time...$500 and up for used Glocks...

They are a dime a dozen in Portland...Gen 3's...for $499 NEW and less...

I saw a $475 USED Taurus PT145 Pro on Armslist...and a $500LC9 w/Laser...and $500+ Sig 2022's..

I just wonder if the buyers actually research what they are buying.....or are just flush with cash...

I see them all the time...$500 and up for used Glocks...

They are a dime a dozen in Portland...Gen 3's...for $499 NEW and less...

I saw a $475 USED Taurus PT145 Pro on Armslist...and a $500LC9 w/Laser...and $500+ Sig 2022's..

I just wonder if the buyers actually research what they are buying.....or are just flush with cash...
I have wondered the same thing. I'm all for people asking what they want for their firearms, but I see people asking a price higher than what you can purchase for new.

I have heard in the past it being (the high price on used firearms) a premium to the buyer to not have another 4473 in their name. Because of this "privilege", as it was explained, the seller could charge close to retail for the firearm sans tax and BATF record and still make a sale. Makes sense if your in the "tin-foil hat/black helicopter" crowd.

In times like these i think people are paying "black market" prices.
ie. buying guns not tied to them.

Just the "assault weapons" ban pushing people to buy millions of Aars.
Now that they are pushing universal background checks and gun registration people want to buy up guns without that aren't registered.
Anytime you do a fed form and background check you give them your info and the weapon info. So that's basically a registered firearm. People are willing to pay a little more to not have johnny law with a list of firewrms he has.

Some do, some don't. Individuals set the value on everything they see, hear, touch, smell, or imagine. My first car was $750 ... my first house was $18,000 ... my first Ruger was $120 and it was mailed to me. Prices only go up because there are those willing to pay the going price. It really annoys me that there are kids out there that will pay $300,000 for an $18,000 house, or $21,000 for a $1500 car, or .... Again the value I set on anything never establishes its market price. All that is left for me is to decide whether, or not I am willing to pay the market price. Though I am free to negotiate.

Do people really pay $500+ for a used Gen 3 Glock?

I don't.

I have seen quite a few used guns, especially it seems Glocks on this very forum where the seller is asking nearly full retail. FULL RETAIL for a used gun! Again, they ain't getting that from me. I don't for a second buy into that argument of not having a paper trail on a gun. Get real people. How hard is it to "connect the dots"?

So if I'm in the market for a Glock I'll more than likely just buy new. The pennies saved (relatively speaking) just isn't worth the hassle.

People in Wa. are trying to recover the tax they paid too. A $499 Glock +9.5%tax (king County rate)= $546.40. Round up and you have a $550 Glock. Depends on the seller. Word up.

I'll jump in here since I happen to have Gen 3 Glock 19 currently listed. Having sold a number of guns over the years, I try to do my research before I ever post a listing. I look at not only what the gun sells for new, but what others are selling them for in a similar condition. I try not to overprice my guns, I just want a fair price out of them. My listing is for a pistol that's never been fired, and was disassembled once for the initial cleaning. Since then, it sat, unused. I paid $500 for it with one magazine and bought two more at $25 each, plus a plug for $10. So I've got $560 into an unfired gun and I'm listing it at $525. Again, doing my research, it seems reasonable to me.

So, I'll ask, do you guys think this is just too high for what is basically a new gun? Or am I out of my mind?

Too high..Anyone can buy new for $499...the extra mag and plug don't mean much...it is a used gun. $450 as listed is fair in my book...but you dont have to sell at that price anymore than I have to buy it at your price.. :)

I have had a seller show me their $650 receipt for a Glock and demanding $575, then a buyer telling me he can get that same used Glock for $325 and offering lower than my asking.
Who is right about the price?

The "right" price is the one where both parties agree to deal and complete a transaction. Everything else is just opinion, and we all know what that is worth.

The way I look at it is if you do not like the price of a gun, make a reasonable offer. When I sell, I price at what I feel is fair and almost always price it for less than I paid for it. I buy a lot of guns used and end up selling them to buy something different. It is not a money making process for me, it is a love for trying new to me guns.

The way I look at it is if you do not like the price of a gun, make a reasonable offer. When I sell, I price at what I feel is fair and almost always price it for less than I paid for it. I buy a lot of guns used and end up selling them to buy something different. It is not a money making process for me, it is a love for trying new to me guns.

I think buying a gun to use it for a test drive is the only way to find out if you really like it. I do this all the time, the only problem is I always like them. I try to buy used just in case I don't like it I can sell it for close to what I bought it for.

Too high..Anyone can buy new for $499...the extra mag and plug don't mean much...it is a used gun. $450 as listed is fair in my book...but you dont have to sell at that price anymore than I have to buy it at your price.. :)

That's not too far off of my price. And you'll note, I don't list it as 'new', only 'never been fired' (save for the shot at the factory, of course). I like to test the waters. I can always come down a bit if I'm not seeing movement on the sale.

I agree with you that no one has to pay the price a person lists if they're not interested. I've passed on numerous guns for sale that were just listed too high. For example, I'd like to add a PMR-30 to my collection, just for fun. The strange demand they currently have that prices them at twice the retail keeps me from investing in one at the moment.

As for my guns, so far, I've never needed more than 2 weeks to sell a gun. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've always got either what I asked for, or someone made an offer I hadn't considered and it changed my mind. I think it's always best to either buy or sell when you're not in a panic to do either, that way you can take your time and not find yourself making a panic buy/sell decision.

Interesting feedback so far. I've had 2 offers on my gun so far, but they were just a bit low for me to close the deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top