JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was just posted HERE Relevant? I think so. My favorite like from the arresting Gastopo "you got to understand... in today's climate with terrorism" The cop just drew on the guy from across the road. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

All I see here is willingness to give up a right so those that would do unjustice doesn't get you dirty. Least ways that's how I see it. I don't respect you any less for that decision but I'll be a monkey's uncle if someone is going to demean me for my decision to not stand for that crap.
Well, what I saw was a dozen guys kick in a door, haul out an armed scumbag, and then my wife and I show up. They don't know who the hell I am. Partner? Customer? Methinks not the time for a constitutional debate. Think what you will, and thanks for sharing.I stand by my decision.

I have met some cops who have had attitudes.

One stopped me simply because he didn't like the stickers on the back of my helmet ( "capable of evading high speed pursuit" and "legalize freedom"), he even tried to engage me in a debate about them, and then gave me attitude about riding my motorcycle in the middle of the day while unemployed - said I should be out looking for a job instead (in the future, when I am unemployed and they ask where I work, I am just going to say I am retired - what is it with cops asking where I work? What does that have to do with anything?).

I just let him rant. He kept me there for 30 minutes and then let me go with a warning (for changing lanes in the middle of an intersection). I continued on and when I was far enough away proceeded to break many and various speeding laws.

Another time I got stopped by a county sheriff who went off on a rant about me not stopping when he was waving at me to stop (he was going the opposite direction, didn't have his lights on, and I could not see into the interior of his vehicle).

He stopped his ranting when I took my helmet off and he saw a balding man and then my driver's license with an address in a city known for having a lot of rich Microsoft millionaires - then he started calling me "sir".

You never know when you are going to run into a LEO like that - someone who is all:

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

I just don't give them anything to work with.

Last year I got a ticket for illegal passing - the cop kept trying to get me to give him some kind of excuse by asking me why I was driving that way - tried 4 or 5 times to get me to say something. I just kept saying I had no good reason and didn't say anything else - I wasn't going to offer any more info. He caught me, I passed over a double yellow, and just because I was in a hurry was not a good excuse, so I wasn't going to get into a debate with him about it - just take the ticket and move on.

I really like the idea of recording them on video. I know have a GoPro I use for recording my trail rides and it is attached to the chin bar of my helmet - right out there in front for everybody to see. Maybe that will keep the attitude of some LEOs to a minimum.

I can tell from the LEO side when a stop is made the chance of issuing a citation is 50/50. Attitude is every thing. Even if you are not required to announce, and even if I know you may be carrying,
The fact that you advise you are armed goes a long way in the final out come.
Remember this your CCW permit is really your Good Guy card.

The U.S. Supreme Court has given their opinion that a 'Terry Stop' is legal.

Terry stop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But they must have,
on reasonable suspicion of involvement in criminal activity
If you read US vs DeBerry the courts (United States Court of Appeals,Seventh Circuit) ruled that a gun where it is legal is not reasonable suspicion of a crime, further more they also ruled that the "Printing" of a CCW is not reasonable suspicion if it is legal to CCW in the state. They MUST have another reason to stop you other than you merly having a gun or merely having a gun concealed.

One of the realities of life is that you get from others what you project. Like anyone else, if you treat LE like they are the enemy, they will become the enemy. You are free to interact with them any way you want (and take the consequences), but so far LE is still on the side of us, the law abiding citizen. While, by the letter of the law, I don't NEED to cooperate, I DO cooperate because I don't want to waste his time (at taxpayer expense) or mine.

Don't buy into the nonsense and let the progressives drive a wedge between the firearm and LE communities.

You are required to produce your CPL in Washington state when asked by an LEO. Whether you do or don't upon contact is your call, if they don't ask.

I don't have any hard and fast rules for myself about this, I use my own judgement for the situation as it presents it's self. What is going to be the best outcome for me, my time, my safety, my civil rights and my family in this situation?

RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

One of the realities of life is that you get from others what you project. Like anyone else, if you treat LE like they are the enemy, they will become the enemy. You are free to interact with them any way you want (and take the consequences), but so far LE is still on the side of us, the law abiding citizen. While, by the letter of the law, I don't NEED to cooperate, I DO cooperate because I don't want to waste his time (at taxpayer expense) or mine.

Don't buy into the nonsense and let the progressives drive a wedge between the firearm and LE communities.

Certainly.

I still have LEO friends, and most of the LEOs I worked with or were exposed to in some other way have been professional, courteous and amiable even when they didn't have to be.

There are some that have attitude, but most are just doing a thankless dirty and dangerous job.

We had a saying in the military; you deserve courtesy, you earn respect.

I always try to treat everyone with some level of courtesy when possible - a simple "thank you" and "please" are usually appreciated and sometimes go a long ways to smooth things over, I was taught as a child to use them habitually and I do (I sometimes note that a significant number of people I encounter in public don't seem to have that habit).

That said, while I try not to provoke a LEO with a wise-*** or evasive response, I also do not volunteer info that they do not need to know, much less info that might incriminate me or make me suspicious in their eyes.

For the most part, it is best to keep your mouth shut as much as possible when being questioned by a LEO.

Certainly.

I still have LEO friends, and most of the LEOs I worked with or were exposed to in some other way have been professional, courteous and amiable even when they didn't have to be.

There are some that have attitude, but most are just doing a thankless dirty and dangerous job.

We had a saying in the military; you deserve courtesy, you earn respect.

I always try to treat everyone with some level of courtesy when possible - a simple "thank you" and "please" are usually appreciated and sometimes go a long ways to smooth things over, I was taught as a child to use them habitually and I do (I sometimes note that a significant number of people I encounter in public don't seem to have that habit).

That said, while I try not to provoke a LEO with a wise-*** or evasive response, I also do not volunteer info that they do not need to know, much less info that might incriminate me or make me suspicious in their eyes.

For the most part, it is best to keep your mouth shut as much as possible when being questioned by a LEO.

Most excellent post good sir !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads