JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I told my wife about this and she was ticked. She said, "If he was violent, he would have shot someone."

I responded with, "A person isn't part of the culture of gun violence based on their actions, but rather by just having a gun." At this point my eyes nearly rolled out of their head in sarcasm, but that appears to be the message they are sending.

If guns cause crime, then mine are broken.

Yeah, it's easy to say "fight it!" when you're not in it I guess...

Clearly the issue here has drawn the ire of the NWFA community and many are voicing a desire to see this issue corrected. My point was that he has stated that he had let the matter go due to being "soured" and not having the time. I simply questioned that.

Clearly the issue here has drawn the ire of the NWFA community and many are voicing a desire to see this issue corrected. My point was that he has stated that he had let the matter go due to being "soured" and not having the time. I simply questioned that.
I do not think he was attacking you for saying fight it. He was just pointing out that everyone, yourself and myself included, would love to fight it (and I did) but it is not always easy to do. :)

Penguin, you seem to be the master of starting threads that beg for another thread! :) I am curious about the original incident you posted about if you care to or are at liberty to discuss that. What were the circumstances? Why did you make the choices you did? I would sure be interested to hear if you are willing to share the details.

Penguin, you seem to be the master of starting threads that beg for another thread! :) I am curious about the original incident you posted about if you care to or are at liberty to discuss that. What were the circumstances? Why did you make the choices you did? I would sure be interested to hear if you are willing to share the details.
It is not really a grand story. It is actually just a short encounter. I was walking back to my car one night after watching friends perform at Dante's in PDX. I passed three teens on the corner down around where the outdoor store is located. As I passed they asked if I had a light. I do not smoke so i told them "sorry." As I passed I noticed they started to follow me down the sidewalk. As I approached my car I could see in the window that they were coming up behind me. as I turned around the white kid (two were hispanic and one was white) was about to take a swing at me with a bicycle chain. I managed to move enough that he barely clipped me on the forehead with it and knocked off my hat. he was a pretty small kid and I am 6ft and 215lbs so I just palmed him in the chest as hard as I could and sent him sailing into the bushes...,anding in the parking lot on the other side. I then grabbed the kid next to him and just flung him into the street. The third guy was already running off by this time. Both of the other guys I had shoved took off running as soon as they got to their feet too. I bent down to look for my hat and as soon as I found it and stood up police came pouring in from all sides. Apparently an employee of the bar has seen them following me and called 911 on his cell. I gave a report and left. The next night they caught the same kids doing the same thing. Turns out it was a gang initiation and not a robbery attempt. he was simply required to sucker punch someone as part of his initiation.

With a bicycle chain....lucky they weren't shot, taking swings at the head like that.
It actually happened so fast that I did not even have time to be concerned. I was more ticked off than anything else. Plus the biggest of the three guys probably weighed in at 125lbs wet. I did end up with a nasty infection where the chain broke the skin on my forehead. I looked like the elephant man for weeks. The people at the gun broker thought I was going to die. :)

It actually happened so fast that I did not even have time to be concerned. I was more ticked off than anything else. Plus the biggest of the three guys probably weighed in at 125lbs wet. I did end up with a nasty infection where the chain broke the skin on my forehead. I looked like the elephant man for weeks. The people at the gun broker thought I was going to die. :)
I can just imagine the scene..."I wanna buy a gun...."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads